Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 02:00 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danx View Post
No, I don't drink diet soda, or any soda usually. I don't smoke, and I've suffered with anxiety for many years, this is different.

It's just so strange that the pvc's and gas are always at the same time. When the pvc's start I know a burp will soon follow and they will stop.
There IS a correlation between anxiety and PVC's. I have a long history of anxiety and get PVC's related to my anxiety levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 04:10 PM

2 posts, read 20,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
Hey Melanie,

Docs ?? they usually don't know about any cure that they can't make money from.
Very sad really.

I was in the E.R. with PVCs after a large meal of pancakes and tons of "maple syrup" and bottomless coffee (I-HOP)

The E.R. doc told me that I was fine after all the heart tests and told me to cut back on coffee.

Years later I discovered that my PVCs would go away if I drank a lot of water.

Then I discovered that when I eat anything that has dextrose or high fructose corn syrup ( I-HOP "maplesyrup") it would make the PVCs come back.

So, after gallons of water and multiple pee pee trips I researched more and got to the bottom of this medical mystery.

Taurine and arginine ! It's that simple

I got some suppliments (I added magnesium too) and felt better in 20 minuters.

I like getting nutrients from food so now I eat pumkin seeds instead. These seeds contain a lot of magnesium and arginine and they help your body manufacture it's own taurine.

They also contain iron as a bonus (men should be careful with iron)

Check this out !

Common Irregular Heartbeats are Completely Normalized by Taurine and Arginine (http://www.naturalnews.com/026380_taurine_zinc_cancer.html - broken link)

PS. Apple cider vinigar does help too.
Thank you for the tips! I will continue to try anything suggested. I have stopped consuming caffeine completely and I've wondered about the sugar (fructose, etc). I don't eat much to being with but haven't made a point of completely eliminating it. I have been trying different supplements but haven't tried Taurine or Arginine. I did get a potassium supplement but haven't been taking it enough to notice a change (blood tests have shown potassium levels on the low side for me). I try to eat bannanas and other foods with potassium. I may need to try magnesium too.

I have to admit, it is frustrating to suddenly need to eat certain things or supplements to keep from having PVCs. I wonder what changed? Just "old age"? LOL I never thought of 35 as being old until now.

I just wish I knew why things changed.....I guess all I can do is keep trying to find what works.

Thank you so much!
Melanie

Old 04-27-2011, 04:19 PM

665 posts, read 1,727,762 times
Mine began at 35 too, but unlike you I was drinking alot, carousing and carrying on..

.......and rarely drank water.

Old 09-22-2020, 06:28 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times
I'm responding to this old thread because I was doing more google searching on heart palpations that I've been having lately. I've done a ton of resrarch online about this and have been to the ER and had tests done.

The pvc's can be from acid reflux, gets or trapped gas in the esophagus which I'm currently experiencing. I ate a bad snack right before bed known to cause acid reflux and I can feel gas in my stomach and feel the trapped gas gurgling inside me. When I belch there's lots of relieve and the heart palpations stop.

If you have no other symptoms when the palpations are happening like dizziness, chest tightness, fainting or anything weird I wouldn't worry at all.

Also stomach issues trigger vagus nerve responses that then lead to anxiety about the situation that lead to heart palpitations.

Old 09-24-2020, 04:14 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danx View Post
There has to be something to the gas thing. Every time I have pvc's they don't stop until I burp. Every time without exception. I can go a week or two without even 1 pvc, then when they start so does the gas. Maybe the pressure is pushing against my heart and causing it to skip? I really don't know much about it.
I a, going through issues with palpitations. I believe that acid reflux can cause palpitations. Look into that. I have that but have no effects of burning. I have silent acid reflux.

Old 11-20-2021, 09:17 AM

4 posts, read 1,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICN2U View Post
interesting..................

anxiety could be showing different signs/symptoms.........gas is probable just a coincedince......

get an EKG....

Gas is most likely NOT a coincidence, and surely anxiety has nothing to do with this.

What OP describes seems to be ROEHMHELD SYNDROME.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roemheld_syndrome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roemheld_syndrome

We should stop dismissing every single thing to anxiety, we are killing people by doing so.

I know this is a long old thread, but maybe OP is reading: The heart can be affected by the stomach/gas/intestines.

In my cased, a one time violent episode herniated my stomach mostly into my chest, cannot be operated due to high risk.
Immediately I developed IST (tachycardia up to 220bpm), arrhythmias and frequent PVCs. When I breathe in I get very strong PVCs that actually make my blood pressure drop for a good while, I have even passed out do to them.
I get very long pauses in my heart as well.
Drinking fizzy pop makes me get violent hiccups and I’m at risk of Boeerhave Synrome due to the violence of my diaphragm spasms.
All my insides are shifted and mostly my heart, my heart is extremely out of place causing every single movement to kick a PVC most times, some times I get some relief and have around 10 a day. Very painful very strong, feels like a kick in the chest.

Beta blockers do not help , not with PVCs, but it does help a tad with tachycardia.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:43 AM

7,238 posts, read 5,114,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodClassic View Post

Beta blockers do not help , not with PVCs, but it does help a tad with tachycardia.
Maybe not for you, but in general, they usually are an excellent choice for treatment. People on Beta-blockers (for what ever reason) have a much lower risk of sudden death (V tach/ V fib).

PVCs do not represent a risk in people who do not have heart disease, but are a negative prognostic factor in those who do.

Here's a complete yet simple summary of the topic https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK532991/

Notice they say nothing about "gas"-- but someone in an earlier comment here did get it right-- GI complaints often involve the vagus nerve. When it fires, the heart rate slows down. With a slower rate, PVCs may show themselves..... It's kinda like double dutch jump roping-- if they swing the ropes more slowly, it's easier for you (the PVC) to jump in and get established without the ropes obliterating you. (Look up "refractory period" if you want the details.)

Old 02-19-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Maybe not for you...
Yeah, that’s what I began the anecdotal part of my post with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodClassic View Post
In my case, a one time violent episode ....

Last edited by iPodClassic; 02-19-2022 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 02-19-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
There IS a correlation between anxiety and PVC's. I have a long history of anxiety and get PVC's related to my anxiety levels.

There is indeed, it doesn’t mean ALL cases of PVCs are caused by anxiety. OP clearly stated, this happens exclusively when having GI issues.

There is tremendous amounts of research into the gas connection and heart arrhythmias, nothing to do with anxiety.

Old 02-19-2022, 11:42 AM

5,962 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Learn something new every day. I always thought that PVC was polyvinyl chloride which is a type of "plastic" pipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness