Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:47 PM

3 posts, read 88,109 times

Advertisements

I'm a 34 year old male, I drink no caffeine or alcohol and have a low sugar intake. About 4 months ago I started getting what felt like skipped heart beats, after some research it sounded like pvc's.. They would only last for about an hour or so, a skip every 2-3 minutes.. So I looked into my diet and realized I get almost no magnesium or potassium. So I bought suppliments. After some experimenting with doses I now take the one 99mg potassium once a day and 250mg magnesium 3 times a day. It's really lowered the pvc's a lot to the point where I won't experience one for up to a couple weeks at a time. Then I will have a bad day and get a few.

I also realized that the house I had just moved in to about 2 weeks before the pvc's started was full of black mold. Could I have gotten black mold poisoning? I read that it can cause heart palpitations. I was stuck in that house for 3 months, but moved out about a month ago.

I have been mostly pvc free for the past month until a few days ago I came down with the flu and they started back. Not sure how it's related.. Also when I get the pvc's I always get a lot of problems with gas and burping. The more the gas builds the worse the pvc's are. Then I burp and they go away for a while.

Could I have some sort of acid reflux? I don't get heartburn and the burping can happen many hours after the last time I ate or drank anything. Like when I first get up in the morning. When I do eat or drink it gets much worse.

Any suggestions on some OTC for the acid reflux?

Yes, I know, i should go to a doctor and get checked out. But that's not possible right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 08:29 AM

305 posts, read 1,233,811 times
do you drink diet soda??? do you smoke???

every body has pvc's ..its normal...you are probably experiencing heart palpitations ...

tums???

possible anxiety???

Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 AM

Default PVC's

No, I don't drink diet soda, or any soda usually. I don't smoke, and I've suffered with anxiety for many years, this is different.

It's just so strange that the pvc's and gas are always at the same time. When the pvc's start I know a burp will soon follow and they will stop.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:16 AM

interesting..................

could be your body changint in old age (ha ha ha ...Im 34)....
anxiety could be showing different signs/symptoms.........gas is probable just a coincedince......

get an EKG....

Old 04-02-2009, 01:07 PM

Default Hmm

There has to be something to the gas thing. Every time I have pvc's they don't stop until I burp. Every time without exception. I can go a week or two without even 1 pvc, then when they start so does the gas. Maybe the pressure is pushing against my heart and causing it to skip? I really don't know much about it.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:41 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Most arrhythmias are harmless. I'm in the process of trying to find out what causes mine and what kind they are. Mine cause me to black out or near black out. I don't think that falls into the harmless category but I can't afford to see a cardiologist yet. PVC waves are something that everyone has but when associated with arrhythmias, it's the most common and least harmful. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Just see your doctor and cut back on things like caffeine and chocolate.

A word of warning, don't experiment with things like potassium and magnesium without a doctors supervision. Too much potassium can be deadly. Don't take it unless your doctor says you're low and only then, in the doses he prescribes.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:55 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,052,033 times
First of all, get your heart checked...you never know if it's something small making you notice a problem that might get bigger later. Never mess with anything the heart might be trying to tell you. Ask about the Magnesium too, that's a hefty amount...better safe then sorry.

Admittedly I don't deal much with hearts (mostly know more about bones, spines, and brains)...but I have heard of instances where the ring of muscle between the esophagus and the stomach can convulse/twitch which feels a great deal like a skip in the heart rhythm. It usually comes from a pinched nerve and/or stress.

It's extremely unpleasant form what I hear as well, but not dangerous if it turns out to be that. What I remember reading is that he was deficient in sulfur, which you don't need much of at all and very strange to me...but eating a good amount veggies, over the course of a month, with dietary sulfur helped him at least.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM

vagovagal response.............the gas thing

possible mitral valve prolapse or pre-atrial fib.....maybe PAC's as well....

Old 10-25-2009, 09:09 PM

2 posts, read 46,438 times
ICN2U, just wondering if there is a connection between pvc's and diet coke?

Old 10-25-2009, 11:23 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danx View Post
There has to be something to the gas thing. Every time I have pvc's they don't stop until I burp. Every time without exception. I can go a week or two without even 1 pvc, then when they start so does the gas. Maybe the pressure is pushing against my heart and causing it to skip? I really don't know much about it.
There is, you are correct.

Years ago I developed tachycardia (rapid heartbeat) and noticed the "burp" thing. Not just little burps but lots of air coming out from deep down. I can actually force it to happen although I could do anything like that before. I was diagnosed with what my Dr called a "skipped heartbeat", which actually felt like an EXTRA beat to me. I also started having severe heartburn. Nobody ever thought m they were related but I knew they were because I could read my body. The internet was fairly new but I discovered exactly ONE reference linking issues with the digestive system and reflux to the heartbeat/rate. I had a barium swallow test and the tech said she had never seen such a strong reflux as she saw in me. I felt better knowing my heart wasn't the problem. I got more exercise and lost a little weight and started taking Prilosec, which is now OTC, and mostly the symptoms went away. Occasionally I will "feel" the heart beat irregularities and they always accompany trapped air. My reflux is strong, I don't know what to do about it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness