Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 PM

242 posts, read 1,186,797 times

Advertisements

Garlic has been employed for Centuris as an effective remedy for BALDNESS or Bald Spots. Two methods of application which can work wonders in Stimulating new hair growths. This is what you can try to do. ================================================== =Slice opan a clove of garlic lenthwise and rub on the affected area and squeezing use something to try to squeeze out some of the juice. then allow this to dry. Mix a few drops of BAY RUM and Olive Oil and massage this an hour later. Apply once in the a.m and again at night. ================================================== = Now for the 2nd method. Dice two cloves of garlic very finely and mash well. Mix into a pint of 90 proof alcohol. then allow to stand for two days. Strain, Add one cup of fresh burdock, chopped rots or flower heads Allow to stand for 5 days. Then strain ( use cheesecloth t strain. Then you sponge onto scalp evey evening for one month This is sufficient to promote Hair Growth. (THE FIRST METHOD should be done 3 times a day. ) Then the bald or baldin patces may grow all this new hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 10:59 PM

242 posts, read 1,186,797 times
Default Garlic grows new Hair !

Oh, I forgot to tell yuu, that the Hair Roots must still be ALIVE. Garlic is a well-known RUBEFACIENT ( this means that it is capable of stimulationg the Blood Circulation and also containing all the Nutriets that hair follicles need) with strong penetrative powers. 2ndly the mineral content may have something to do with it. GARLIC is rich in SULPHUR, has Zinc. and did you know when Experimental Animals are Deprived of ZINC in their diet they go BALD. ================================================== = GARLIC also contains copper. And GARLIC increases your absorption of B Vitamins when you eat foods that go well with it, and B vitamins have been found to cause HAIR FOLLLICLES to DARKEN.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:33 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapalua View Post
...and B vitamins have been found to cause HAIR FOLLLICLES to DARKEN.
Does this mean that my blonde hair would grow in darker?

Old 04-12-2009, 12:56 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
Be sure to rub a few heads of it where your hair should grow too. It won't do anything but make sure I know who follows this advice by smell.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:55 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Be sure to rub a few heads of it where your hair should grow too. It won't do anything but make sure I know who follows this advice by smell.
might as well rub in some parsley, cilantro, and tomato paste while you're at it, give some flavor to your (angel) hair!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:35 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
might as well rub in some parsley, cilantro, and tomato paste while you're at it, give some flavor to your (angel) hair!
Heh, I'm just imagining some one walking around with pasta sauce on their head like it's perfectly normal...that's great for a laugh this morning!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:04 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
I heard the same thing about onions and lemons... So you either have hair and stink or be bald and don't stink.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:15 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times
garlic and onions contain sulfur, which is beneficial to hair and hair products w/ sulfur can be found even in the hair product aisle of a drugstore. these products tend to smell off, but likely not as bad as rubbing fresh garlic on your head. lemon is acidic, so may slough off dead skin the same way all acids do. once you get all the gunk off of your scalp, you give your hair a better chance to grow

the WEIRDEST hair growth aid that I've heard BY FAR is people putting Monistat (ie, the stuff ladies put you-know-where if they have a yeast infection) on their heads ! seriously, google monistat and hair and see how many hits you get. but even this isn't that far off since Monistat is an anti-fungal w/ a main ingredient in the same family as the active ingredient in shampoos like Nizoral. honestly, I'd rather just buy the already made hair products on the market than rub garlic and cootchie cream on my head!

Old 07-05-2013, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 41,401 times
Default really GARLIC works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapalua View Post
Oh, I forgot to tell yuu, that the Hair Roots must still be ALIVE. Garlic is a well-known RUBEFACIENT ( this means that it is capable of stimulationg the Blood Circulation and also containing all the Nutriets that hair follicles need) with strong penetrative powers. 2ndly the mineral content may have something to do with it. GARLIC is rich in SULPHUR, has Zinc. and did you know when Experimental Animals are Deprived of ZINC in their diet they go BALD. ================================================== = GARLIC also contains copper. And GARLIC increases your absorption of B Vitamins when you eat foods that go well with it, and B vitamins have been found to cause HAIR FOLLLICLES to DARKEN.

my uncle use this.. within one month he got the result.. he told me to do the same. now i get the same in this forum .. so i am starting this method.. thank u

Old 07-06-2013, 11:40 AM

511 posts, read 837,723 times
A random aside: I am trying to fight my daughter's ringworm naturally and made a spray of diluted vinegar, garlic oil, lavender and grapefruit seed extract and guess what it smells like? Rancid feet. My poor daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness