Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 PM

30 posts, read 89,304 times

Advertisements

I came across an article tonight on catholic fire, asking for people to sign the gardasil petition. There were also links to other anti gardasil articles. I thought this was amazing! Has anyone seen or heard anything about this?

I wanted to post the link, but told it was againist the rules, but still thought it was important to post a question about this. Hopefully, I worded this post ok, so that this one won't be deleted! ( Sorry tao!)

Anyway, what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,969,999 times
I googled it and found the page i think you were talking about. There were a few links there to articles and info on gardasil! I think we can use all the help we can get! Thanks!

Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
I think it is extremely ignorant of the church to do that. Another reason why I am no longer a practicing Catholic.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:01 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I think it is extremely ignorant of the church to do that. Another reason why I am no longer a practicing Catholic.
Amen to that... Everytime I read some extreme article about the Catholic Religion,,,it is unrealistic and just not true... This religion is losing so many followers... The city I live in is closing 4 Catholic Churches that have been here for over 100 years...I wonder why?

I think they need to butt out of my medical decisions all together. Better yet, I will butt out of their religion.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:43 PM

Why is it ignorant? As the mom of a girl effected, I think anyone who wants to tell the truth is a good thing.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:56 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
It is ignorant for a church to "educate" its members on personal health decisions.

I'm sorry your daughter is suffering, but Guardasil helps much more than it hurts. As someone who suffers from cervical disease as a result of the HPV strands covered under the vaccine, I can't stress enough the importance of young women educating and protecting themselves. I wish it were available 15 years ago!!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:00 PM

You are right that women need to educate and protect themselves, but there is much more about this vaccine that needs to be said. The general public is not getting the whole story! It is extremely dangerous and there are far more girls being injured than most people know about. The factory that is producing this poison has been reprimanded more than once about control and calibration issues, so the people who are manufacturing and selling this drug, do not even know fully what it contains!

I'm sorry you are suffering from HPV, and hope that you are doing well, but even with the vaccine you still have to continue practicing safe sex, and having regular check ups and paps, which is actually what helps HPV more than a vaccine that was released too early. It's also only good for about five years.

And as for the church, they just put the info out there that needed to be released. As you said yourself, education is important, and the public needs to be educated about this vaccine, BOTH side of it, and not see just the sugar coated candy version you see on tv, it is KILLING and maiming our daughters! People need to know.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:15 PM

30 posts, read 89,304 times
I do not believe this is ignorant at all! My daughter is not even of age yet for this vaccine and when I first heard about it, I thought what a great things. Then I did some digging and what a disaster this shot is! Girls all over the world are dying and being injured by this horrific vaccine, and they are LYING to us about it. They have not fully studied it, they don't really know whats in it or how our girls are going to react. Is everyone going to react, no, but look at some of the other drugs that were released too soon, BEFORE they did their homework on it. Thalidomide, phen phen,vioxx and so on. These were all miracle drugs at one point, and then the truth came out.

This vaccine is nothing but poison and mark my words, it will be pulled! Not soon enough, as there have been over FORTY girls (that we know of) that have died, and thousands and thousands more that have been injured, but it will be taken off the market. Hopefully one day soon!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:28 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,983,568 times
Someone who has suffered from cervical cancer might think the vaccine is a great idea.

Someone who has suffered from horrible side effects from the vaccine would think it's a great idea to avoid the vaccine.

I believe strongly that it will eventually go the way of the original rotovirus vaccine that killed babies... pulled off the market. I certainly would not get this vaccine for my children.

I'll teach my kids ways to prevent all sexually transmissible diseases, and those measures will help them to avoid HPV, which may in turn help them to avoid the strains that may possibly cause cervical cancer.

I am not Catholic, and have not read their petition. It's not unrealistic for kids to be safe. Inconvenient, maybe. The "norm?" Certainly not. But not unrealistic, and certainly not impossible. There are a lot of things out there that are inconvenient and not what the crowd does. Doing what everyone else is doing all the time is overrated.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:35 PM

103 posts, read 399,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
It is ignorant for a church to "educate" its members on personal health decisions.

I'm sorry your daughter is suffering, but Guardasil helps much more than it hurts. As someone who suffers from cervical disease as a result of the HPV strands covered under the vaccine, I can't stress enough the importance of young women educating and protecting themselves. I wish it were available 15 years ago!!
I completely agree with you. I'm also another woman who's no longer a practicing Catholic. When it comes to sexual prophylaxis the Catholic Church tends to take the opposition by default and then support it with "facts". A woman can have relations with her husband for the first time during her wedding night, but chances are it's not his first time and he's an HPV carrier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness