U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 02:14 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,087,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Because excess carbs can raise blood pressure in certain ppl just as high salt. Not too mention most of our society eats too many carbs that we dont need. Its good practice to cut carbs for overall health.

Hawthorn Berry IS safe! I never said ALL natural products are safe but I would put any money that hawthorn is every bit as effective as anything a DR could prescribe and safer.

What Doctors use is far removed from nature. Its altered in more ways then you could imagine. Sounds like the same BS we got told about Splenda "its made from sugar" but in reality its vastly different and even worse for your health if you could imagine.
Splenda?? what that has to do with medicine?
Oh and splenda is extremely safe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 02:38 PM

6,445 posts, read 20,418,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Splenda?? what that has to do with medicine?
Oh and splenda is extremely safe.
and so was nutrasweet! Give me sugar anyday. I can't stand the taste of artificial sweetners. The point is FDA doesn't know squat about what's good for you.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
and so was nutrasweet! Give me sugar anyday. I can't stand the taste of artificial sweetners. The point is FDA doesn't know squat about what's good for you.
Oh and I guess you guys do..
Ok..
You have to stop believing in everything you read on the internet...
I would like to see a real study saying that splenda isn't safe...
Because the only study that I know, was with extreme amount of splenda, and I mean like thousands of splenda packages a day for a whole month, even sugar would cause serious damage with that amount, even water would kill you.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:38 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,493,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Oh and I guess you guys do..
Ok..
You have to stop believing in everything you read on the internet...
I would like to see a real study saying that splenda isn't safe...
Because the only study that I know, was with extreme amount of splenda, and I mean like thousands of splenda packages a day for a whole month, even sugar would cause serious damage with that amount, even water would kill you.
I dont believe everything I read on the internet because if I did I would be listening to you...lol.

Use common sense and read on how splenda is made. Its not a healthy alternative to sugar, in fact its worse.

A little piece of advice for you too, if when doing research the website address has .gov at the end of it you can disregard the information.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
I dont believe everything I read on the internet because if I did I would be listening to you...lol.

Use common sense and read on how splenda is made. Its not a healthy alternative to sugar, in fact its worse.

A little piece of advice for you too, if when doing research the website address has .gov at the end of it you can disregard the information.
The only difference between splenda and sugar (sucrose) is minimum, only the addition of 3 chlorine atoms (Cl) instead of 2 OH. The structure is completely identical (except for the 3 chlorine).

So I guess the Gov is trying to kill people with splenda. And everything that comes from the Gov is false? amazing, and everything that comes from non-scientific data is real? can you provide information about splenda? Because the only that I remember was one done with extreme high lever al splenda. But if you can provide any real information about splenda (a real study done from a real source: Association or University)
The only thing you will find is a bunch of information with no real data behind it but sounds credible (like most things on the internet).
But everybody has their right to believe everything they want.
Just like believing tha 9/11 was an inside job.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:18 PM

5,814 posts, read 10,707,170 times
I recently read that you should put your foods to this test, "that if it doesn't grow, don't eat it." Works for me. I eat few things that aren't whole, and rarely eat any processed foods or those invented in a chem lab such as Splenda or Nutrasweet...stevia's okay, it's from natural plant sources...

I want REAL food. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, olive oil, fish, skinless chicken, ground turkey, and lots of legumes. Water, glass of wine with dinner sometimes...

My sweeteners are honey, molasses and a wee bit of brown sugar...none of that chem lab stuff...I don't want to be a part of any one else's laboratory experiment..

Old 04-19-2009, 05:23 PM

I am going to post this picture I hope they don't take it down.
Source:
http://www.moleculeoftheday.com/images/sucralose-sucrose.gif (broken link)
Here you have a type of sugar (there is different type of sugar) name sucrose also know table sugar, is just regular sugar, and compared to splenda (sucralose).

http://www.moleculeoftheday.com/images/sucralose-sucrose.gif (broken link)

Almost the same.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the Hawthorne Berry tip, I'm going to ask my new doctor about that next week.

I might be potassium deficient, too, as diuretics deplete that (if they're not potassium-sparing, which mine is not), which can lead to even higher BP...

I read Drs. should monitor your potassium levels when you're on a diuretic, which my old Dr. didn't do--one of the reasons I'm changing doctors...

Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I recently read that you should put your foods to this test, "that if it doesn't grow, don't eat it." Works for me. I eat few things that aren't whole, and rarely eat any processed foods or those invented in a chem lab such as Splenda or Nutrasweet...stevia's okay, it's from natural plant sources...

I want REAL food. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, olive oil, fish, skinless chicken, ground turkey, and lots of legumes. Water, glass of wine with dinner sometimes...

My sweeteners are honey, molasses and a wee bit of brown sugar...none of that chem lab stuff...I don't want to be a part of any one else's laboratory experiment..
That is a nice way to live, but were is the beef?

Old 04-19-2009, 05:49 PM

Beef doesn't seem to agree with me..but I do confess to a weakness for bbq'd ribs once in a while--and a BLT is a very special treat on a rare occasion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness