U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:13 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,765,199 times

Advertisements

If you want a quick remedy
Don't eat any processed foods (main culprit) second table salt, kill the nitrites, frozen like dinners and ready to eat prepared foods
don't eat out the can, and don't eat out in the restaurants, you should be fine then...
if you do have to cheat, make it very minimal like once a week... but it's better to start disciplining yourself, so you can get used to eating this way, since you have a genetic disposition to hypertension..
and what the poster said about caffeine..
if you do this your weight will go down faster too. and you'll feel better
swimming or water aerobics is excellent too.
dm me.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 09:20 PM

5,821 posts, read 10,720,185 times
Well, I went to a new doctor today with high hopes as he's integrative and guess what? He wants to put me on a Beta Blocker...no questions about my diet, caffeine, amount of exercise or any other possible lifestyle changes or supplementation I might take to lower my BP naturally. My BP measured 150/90 in his office.

I'm very disappointed--it's true, these days we must learn to doctor ourselves...down the road, if I absolutely must, I will take a Beta Blocker, but first I'm going with eliminating all caffeine, the grape seed extract and some hawthorne--and increasing my exercise. I' d like to lower my weight by 20 pounds...after these changes.

I will follow one piece of his advice--to get a blood pressure cuff and monitor my BP 3x a day...bet it's a lot lower after yoga--which I'm also going to increase...

Well, just had some Tension Tamer tea so it's off to dreamland I go. Nitey night...

Old 04-24-2009, 10:01 AM

17,114 posts, read 22,509,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
If you want a quick remedy
Don't eat any processed foods (main culprit) second table salt, kill the nitrites, frozen like dinners and ready to eat prepared foods
don't eat out the can, and don't eat out in the restaurants, you should be fine then...
if you do have to cheat, make it very minimal like once a week... but it's better to start disciplining yourself, so you can get used to eating this way, since you have a genetic disposition to hypertension..
and what the poster said about caffeine..
if you do this your weight will go down faster too. and you'll feel better
swimming or water aerobics is excellent too.
dm me.....
I worked out of town construction in my earlier years. The motels I stayed in had no kitchenettes, sleeping rooms only. Ate in restaurants.Fixed sack lunches, had lots of sandwiches. Got plenty of exercise, that was no problem. Drank very little (well, most of the time). that was no problem. Never really did eat right. Problem.

Woke up one morning while I was on seasonal layoff, and I felt like I worked a double shift. Felt that way for a few days. Went to the doctor, bp was way high. Took blood tests, key #'s were way high. Diagnosed with high blood pressure at 32.

26 years later I'm posting this. Been on meds ever since. But I get after those fruits and veggies whenever I can. Cereal too. Instead of bacon and eggs every day it's once every 10 days. When you are in your early 30's you think you are bulletproof. You're not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness