Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:28 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,095 times

Advertisements

I was diagnosed with Menier's Disease in 2010.
My first three attacks of vertigo sent me to the hospital via an ambulance from work.
My worst attack lasted four hours with uncontrolled vomiting to the point where I passed out before a co worker that was worried about me found me in a rarely used bathroom at work.
I used that bathroom during those attacks because it's embarrassing to be vomiting in a heavly used bathroom.
If my co worker would not have found me the doctor at the ER said that I could have choked on my own vomit and died.

I feel for anyone with vertigo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 7,046 times
i had vertigo from last year audust could not work still home because am not feeling 100 percent better am freaking out now because i dont know how long will it last am unhappy cus everyday am afraid i will end up in the hospital wchich i dont want

Old 03-16-2012, 04:16 PM

2 posts, read 7,046 times
never throwed up or anything but just the unbalance if i stand up to long or when i walk

Old 06-19-2012, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,370 times
I've been suffering with vertigo for years and it never goes away. I walk like I am drunk and have fallen many times. I have no life cuz I cant walk. Finally going to an ENT next week to find out once and for all what this is.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,251 times
i have had it for 5 days now, its ok when ii lie down but , my head feels like migrainish and when i get up, forget it.. its miserable i wentt to the er two days ago they said vertigo and gave me pills, they havnt helped yet... is it suppose to last this long?... and also does anyone else feel ill when they have vertigo, i just overall feel ill, migrain from hell and dizzzzzzzzzzy

Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,089 times
I had vertigo for the last couple of weeks my sickness from stomach pretty much gone and standing don't feel so unbalance like before but I still have some dizzy and my eye sight when watching tv or trying to read it blurr a little. Has anybody had this problem with vision with vertigo. I did get my aniexty work up at first but I calm now with the vertigo it was just so scaring first week or so with it. On no meds either.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:28 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I was diagnosed with Menier's Disease in 2010.
My first three attacks of vertigo sent me to the hospital via an ambulance from work.
My worst attack lasted four hours with uncontrolled vomiting to the point where I passed out before a co worker that was worried about me found me in a rarely used bathroom at work.
I used that bathroom during those attacks because it's embarrassing to be vomiting in a heavly used bathroom.
If my co worker would not have found me the doctor at the ER said that I could have choked on my own vomit and died.

I feel for anyone with vertigo.
I was diagnosed with Meniers in 2009. So glad your co worker found you!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:42 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,313,570 times
I had vertigo for a long time. It is awful in all ways.

It takes awhile to diagnose the cause.

Mine was benign positional vertigo meaning some ear rocks had drifted out of position and send false directional signals to the brain. The cure is a series of physical mechanical maneuvers that cause the rocks to return to position. It took 2.5 years off and on until the vertigo was over. But I am always careful and don't want a recurrence.

Good luck and hope you find relief sooner rather than later.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,959 times
I am very troubled by my vertigo. Like many others posting here, it came on very suddenly one moringing when I woke up. I was diagnosed with Labrynthitis and have taken Prednisone, Mecclizine and now Meloxicam. I've had a negatie CT scan and am scheduled for an MRI. I am in my 5th straight week with dizziness, a foggy feeling of dislocation and bouts of vertigo with certain body or head movements. It has completely changed my life making me unsure of myself while walking, driving and I even feel strange being out and socializing as I feel so spaced out all the time. My next step is to see an ENT and hopefully get some therapy to see if it is inner ear crystals that are out of place. I am fortunate in that my company allows me to work from home but I can't do it forever not to mention I don't feel well most of the time even to sit at my computer. Feeling very lost and alone with this among my friends and family but see in these posts that many people share this strange afflication with me.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
I can have it for months on end. I have found that for me it's during fall/early winter then again sometimes in early spring. It kicked in Monday morning but stopped by noon. No one can tell me what causes it. I am partially deaf and have tinnitus in both ears, but none will tell me there is a connection.

Someone told me that being dehydrated can cause it.

Between that and the peripheral neuroma I have been training myself to use vertical surfaces to orient myself when walking. It seems to be working for the most part, but sometimes I just have to hold on to something. Even if I can just touch a wall or chair, etc it helps.

It's been a while since mine has been bad enough that I felt drunk. I wish I had an easy answer because that was hell.

I hope you find a solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness