Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:48 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,485,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
So, what you're saying, then, is that if you turn away a doctor who acting like a pompous ass and does not respect you, as a patient, then you run the risk of being giggled over during lunch? Whoop de do! If the doctor is truly a jerk, then close-knit as they may be, some of the staff will be secretly thrilled that he was "put in his place."

I have worked in the healthcare field. I know what goes on behind the scenes, and I do agree with you that you will be known as a "pain in the ass" if you speak up against The Doctor. I also know that while the employees may snicker over it later, they tend to back off the next time you come in. Furthermore, if I received poor treatment at a hospital, I wouldn't return to that hospital (to that doctor) if I could at all help it.

And no, disagreeing over the necessity or the danger of MSG is not a reason to "fire" your doctor. I was only responsding to where someone said, "I work in a hospital, so you don't have a choice."
Nurses have one secret, if you buy them doughnuts in the morning they would love you for ever.
And like I said before, in a hospital, you could request another doctor, that doesn't mean you will receive it.
There is one Asian (Chinese) resident in our Hospital and English is like his third language. Many pt call me (the Attending) to see if I can change the resident for another (American). I just tell them I am sorry, we can't (unless the resident really wants it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
80% of the world's population has a magnesium deficiency.

If the body is lacking a proper ammount of Magnesium they WILL have a reaction to Nourotoxins such as MSG, Aspertame and Flouride.

The reaction will not be recognized as an exposure to these poisons by most Medical doctors.

The syptoms willl be treated and the patient (victim) will be sent home with a prescription and the full belief that they will, in fact, get better.
Where do you get this information.
My problem with you guys, is that you don't provided any study, while I search, read and post real studies.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
the only problem is that YOU don't know that it is a neurotoxin.

More time studying................. less time on City-Data !
I finish almost everything that I needed to study, only a few credits that I have to take to keep my Lic.
Now, I guess when you say YOU. You really mean, FDA (Government), the general medical field ( until a real study shows otherwise). That is who you are referring?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:57 AM

466 posts, read 926,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Where do you get this information.
My problem with you guys, is that you don't provided any study, while I search, read and post real studies.

Your lack of knowledge is indicative of most people in the medical field.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:16 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,697,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Even water can kill you, that doesn't mean is bad for you.
Even the sun can kill you, that doesn't mean is bad for you.
Even sugar can kill you, that doesn't mean is bad for you.
Everything in life can kill you. that doesn't mean that everything in live is bad for you.
Even sugar can kill you? Ya think? sugar does kill lots of people every year. It the main culprit behind degenerative diseases in the western world.

Yea anything can kill you but why ingest something that is bad for your body even in small amounts. The sun is great for you in moderation. Water is necessary in adequate amounts. MSG is completely unnecessary and unhealthy.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 AM

5,978 posts, read 19,868,685 times
Quote:
This is a very low blow. I hope your physicians are not reading this.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
No, I guess you mean the lack of FAKE knowledge, or at least the lack of UNPROVEN knowledge. That is true, I tend to believe real data, with real study, with real evidence, and not everything that I find on the internet, when people talk with no real study, no real information (except for their opinions). I guess I am just weird, and so is the medical field, weird people...

Old 04-28-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Even sugar can kill you? Ya think? sugar does kill lots of people every year. It the main culprit behind degenerative diseases in the western world.

Yea anything can kill you but why ingest something that is bad for your body even in small amounts. The sun is great for you in moderation. Water is necessary in adequate amounts. MSG is completely unnecessary and unhealthy.
Small amount, do you think 40% of your daily intake to be a small amount?

Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 AM

176 posts, read 638,078 times
Justsayin:

It's a moot point, in that we can't discuss presribing it if there's no indication for it in the literature.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsdale View Post
Justsayin:

It's a moot point, in that we can't discuss presribing it if there's no indication for it in the literature.
besides, who in the hell prescribes MSG? is not like you go to the pharmacy and ask for it. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness