Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:14 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
Prove to me that Asians Use MSG
My cousins, nieces and nephews are Asians and use MSG. Would you like their e-mails?

To be fair, here is another link that shows bad effects of MSG. Scroll down to the post by Kathryn, a toxicology major, rebutting the study and saying that the study refers to an experiment where the dosage used on the mice was equivalent to a cupful of salt. So ingestion at small traces is not bad. As with everything, excess is the culprit, in her words "Dose is the poison". What was concerning was her (Kathryn's) reference to other substances that have the same ingredient which we don't think of consuming in large quantities, e.g. mushrooms, strawberries...interesting read IMO...

http://nikas-culinaria.com/2007/02/2...d-your-health/

Last edited by BagongBuhay; 04-24-2009 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 11:19 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
I am on here to help the people who want to be helped....... not you.

do your own research. I don't work for you.
No, you are on here to make false claims until someone calls you on it then you retreat because you can't prove what you claim...

I HAVE done the research which is why I call out frauds....

Old 04-24-2009, 11:27 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,494,404 times
Quote:
EVERYONE is adversely affected by MSG. Some may notice it or realize that it is the MSG that is causing the problems they are having.

I think it is sad and disgusting that a person who is overweight or has maladies that they feel they need to take medications for will BRAG that MSG is not a problem for them.

MSG is a known Neurotoxin. Do not think for a second that you are not being affected by this poison.
Evidence?
what MSG has to do with weight?

Old 04-24-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Reactions to MSG is NOT classified as an allergy as a peanut allergy or hay fever is.

MSG is a chemical compound that is an exitotoxin with many of the same chemical properties as Aspartame and it's use has been attributed to Multiple sclerosis, arthritis, Lupus, Lou Gehrig's Disease and many cancers.
MSG is nothing like aspartame, that was a very old theory.
Also allergies to MSG is the same as any other allergy.
Please give me any information that states otherwise.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
you cant be serious?

Old 04-24-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
the pharmaceutical companies spend millions of dollars on lobbyists so they can have their killer chemicals approved BEFORE thorough testing has been done.

give me a break !
Lobbyist work for senators, representatives, etc. Not on the FDA.
The FDA doesn't vote on the subject.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
.....only in the minds of the tin foil hat crowd......

There is no REAL evidence of any link to MSG and any of the above disease states.
And if there would China would be full of it..

Old 04-24-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Yes and Asians are really healthy ?

The subject is MSG. The studies have been done and the results are in.

If you ingest Msg and Aspartame you will be ill. Your doctor will give you pills that will give you side affects at which time he (or she) will give you more pills. You will keep getting sicker and the doctor will tell you that what you have is hereditary and you will just have to live with it. You will complain about your HMO doctors and that you can't get good health care as you are picking up your three bags from the drive-through window.

Read the studies and follow the advice or stay sick and blame it on everyone else.

It's your decision !
Where are the result, show me any link to a study.
MSG has nothing to do with Aspartame, who told you that? that was an old myth, like saying BigFoot.
MSG will not get you ILL, unless you are allergic.
"Read the studies" where I don't see any...

Old 04-24-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Prove to me that Asians Use MSG
MSG is a natural substance found in Soy, ask you this question, do they eat soy bean products?

Old 04-24-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I'm not a sucker. I am a forty seven year old chemist who has never needed or been on any kind of medication. I can do everything I could do when I was 19.

And I (unlike most Americans) don't have that gut that most do.

DON'T LOOK DOWN NOW !
I really tough that, you are a chemist and can't tell the difference between MSG and aspartame?
And a chemist that rely on studies and evidence.. where is your evidence that MSG is bad for your health?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness