Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:37 PM

49 posts, read 420,227 times

Advertisements

thanks i will look into all the suggestions so far i all ways hoped i would grow out of it because i have read if you have it as a child you could grow out of it but no such luck and it so irritating because i also suffer from anxiety and that make my IBS worse and i miss so many appoiments and stuff because of it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
I use Digestive Advantage IBS caplets that I get over the counter at Wal Mart. It works well for me.

thanks i tryed this for a wile and it worked great then suddenly it stoped working and i was sick as a dog again and i still took it for a wile but nothing happened i even stop taking it for a little wile and started again and still nothing but it was good wile it lasted

Old 04-25-2009, 10:50 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,575,016 times
I suffered from that for most of my life... and when I say "suffered", I mean I REALLY suffered. I finally learned to control it with what I ate (NO ROUGHAGE AT ALL). I also had to learn how not to let things upset me or stress me out..(then I got called "cold hearted") but it worked for me and I did good. What helped me the most was when a doctor suggested I get on Vitamin E for a different problem and I was shocked to discover it helped my IBS more that what I was taking it for and I have taken it just about every since.

Three years ago, I got on supplements to help with high cholesterol and was stunned to discover that I could now eat anything I wanted. I am SO enjoying eating home cooked beans again, salads and fruits that I just can't get enough of them and while eating all day long, I am still loosing weight even though I am 10 pounds lower than the weight I was aiming for.

SO, what I am telling you is that there IS hope. I no longer have to eat the bland mush I had to eat for 40 years and someday, you could too!

Old 04-25-2009, 12:47 PM

thanks laura707 i will deff look into that

Old 04-25-2009, 02:07 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Do you consume grains??

As your symptoms sound like celiac disease as you might want to research it. I'm super healthy and yet if i eat ANY grains i get really bad acid reflux and my intestines burn for hours as it's like someone poured acid down my throat and as long as stay off of them i never have problems. So it's just meat, vege's and fruit and that has healed my gut. Even my breakfast's are chicken salads normally.

Good luck to ya.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
Anxiety and IBS go together like peanut butter and jelly. Muscle clench from anxiety can create the pain you are experiencing. With any luck there may be nothing more to it than that! It could be your version of a panic attack. Practice releasing tension by writing a journal, doing yoga, or going out and kicking a tree instead of keeping things inside. Take B-complex to relax your nerves without drugs.

You also need to rule out food sensitivities and allergies like lactose intolerance. This is such a common cause of IBS it isn't even funny. I suggest you go on a high-fiber, low-irritant diet IMMEDIATELY -- no dairy products at all, no MSG or nitrites, aspartame, chocolate, sugar or trans fats -- instead eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, especially raw, always peeled or washed to minimize the presence of chemicals that may have been sprayed on them. Also whole grains like rolled oats. This should give you relief and you can slowly start adding the foods you've eliminated back in, ONE AT A TIME so you know what is causing the problem. This is tedious and takes weeks to work, but it really helps most people who try it.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:04 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Also whole grains like rolled oats.
Maybe for some but for me that's like eating acid as oats are terrible to me as my stomach burns for hours after eating them and other grains .

Old 04-28-2009, 08:52 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Make sure it really is IBS and not Habba Syndrome
habbasyndrome.com - Habba Syndrome vs IBS : What is the difference

Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Make sure it really is IBS and not Habba Syndrome
habbasyndrome.com - Habba Syndrome vs IBS : What is the difference
i dont think its habba syndrome because i have ALOT of pain and cramping like unbareable (SP?) and after i go to the bathroom if i have diarha then i feel weak and tired and dizzy which spike my anxiety any time i get sick my anxiety is worse and i am just so tired of being sick and tired!!!! buti am gonna get the vitamin B-complex to try and hope that helps with the anxiety and in return help with the IBS I hope anyways!!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Anxiety and IBS go together like peanut butter and jelly. Muscle clench from anxiety can create the pain you are experiencing. With any luck there may be nothing more to it than that! It could be your version of a panic attack. Practice releasing tension by writing a journal, doing yoga, or going out and kicking a tree instead of keeping things inside. Take B-complex to relax your nerves without drugs.

You also need to rule out food sensitivities and allergies like lactose intolerance. This is such a common cause of IBS it isn't even funny. I suggest you go on a high-fiber, low-irritant diet IMMEDIATELY -- no dairy products at all, no MSG or nitrites, aspartame, chocolate, sugar or trans fats -- instead eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, especially raw, always peeled or washed to minimize the presence of chemicals that may have been sprayed on them. Also whole grains like rolled oats. This should give you relief and you can slowly start adding the foods you've eliminated back in, ONE AT A TIME so you know what is causing the problem. This is tedious and takes weeks to work, but it really helps most people who try it.
i have lactose intolerance but normally cheese dosnt bug me unless i eat a real lot of it lol but i am gonna try that but the problem is that food thats good for you like fruits and veggies are so much more expensive then food that not as good for you but i will try to see what i can do about that my mom does the grocery shopping so i will ask her to get some more thanks for your help!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness