Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:51 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,495,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Wasn't it you who told me it was no use?

They've "got them." That is what they do best. It is way too hard and time consuming to try and convince these people otherwise. It is not their faults. These companies have very convincing methods. .

Good luck to everyone, and please remember that in the past when a vaccine was introduced for a pandemic, the VACCINE killed MORE than the disease!!!!! THAT is why the numbers are so high.
Oh yeah, they got me, I only request a study made.
If it is true, why is it so hard for you guys to provide actual evidence?
"the VACCINE killed MORE than the disease!!!!! THAT is why the numbers are so high."
Any evidence of this, or was this from a webpage from an unknown person?

Old 04-25-2009, 09:54 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,553,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
She is giving her opinion, not real data.
I try my best not to give opinions here, and just give real evidence of the subject.

Exactly...

Tenpenny is nothing but a complete quack that is pawning off her opinion in order to sell her supplements from 'Osteomed'...

Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Wasn't it you who told me it was no use?

They've "got them." That is what they do best. It is way too hard and time consuming to try and convince these people otherwise. It is not their faults. These companies have very convincing methods. .

Good luck to everyone, and please remember that in the past when a vaccine was introduced for a pandemic, the VACCINE killed MORE than the disease!!!!! THAT is why the numbers are so high.

Complete BS as usual...

Please show me where a vaccine killed more than a disease...

Good luck backing up that BS claim

Old 04-25-2009, 10:13 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
\

Do most reputable physicians not charge for their services? I didn't realize that.... all of the doctors that I have seen charge patients for their services and for the products that they use.

Um, there are. Did you think that Dr. Tenpenny and a few chiropractors were the only medical professionals against routine mandated vaccinations? This is not a "new thing." Vaccine controversy has existed since vaccination started.

The bottom line is that it's up to people to be aware of the issues. It does not do anybody any good for medical professionals to stick their fingers in their ears and sing "la la la, I can't hear you, vaccines are 100% safe, there's no possibility that they cause harm, la la la." I do'nt feel strongly that vaccines are a bad thing. There are dangers, though, and parents need to be aware, especially when it comes to new vaccines. Statistics have been skewed in the past, and people need to know that too.

I hope that this swine flu is not going to become a pandemic, of course, but I also hope that people are not going to start panicking over nothing. The media AND pharmaceutical companies are VERY good at inciting panic when there is a new drug or vaccine on the market. (Menacta campaign, anyone?) To deny this would be very naive.
I'm sorry, I thought it was CNN and major news outlets reporting on this recent outbreak of swine flu, silly me all this news must of course be first filtered through *BIG PHARMA* (who's being naive again?)

All reputable physicians charge for their "services" (ie treating patients)

NO reputable physicians put up a web page and shill their wares

Nice try at obfuscating but its apples and oranges....

Please show me where all these *other* reputable physician scientists are that are against routine vaccinations. If there are really so many why do the anti_VAX crowd ONLY point to the rantings of the same fringe quacks and their money making sites?

Old 04-25-2009, 11:03 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
If they invented a vaccine for "Crazy" or "Stupid", there would always be a segment of the population that were too crazy or stupid to use it.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:14 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,984,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Oh yeah, they got me, I only request a study made.
If it is true, why is it so hard for you guys to provide actual evidence?
"the VACCINE killed MORE than the disease!!!!! THAT is why the numbers are so high."
Any evidence of this, or was this from a webpage from an unknown person?
I assume she was referring to the "epidemic" of 1976. This was on another thread in this forum. (Maybe they can be merged?)

1976: The swine flu scare

[SIZE=3][quote] [/SIZE]
Quote:
Only young Lewis died from the swine flu itself in 1976. But as the critics are quick to point out, hundreds of Americans were killed or seriously injured by the inoculation the government gave them to stave off the virus.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:38 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,495,064 times
[quote=beanandpumpkin;8511755]I assume she was referring to the "epidemic" of 1976. This was on another thread in this forum. (Maybe they can be merged?)

[SIZE=3]
Quote:
[/SIZE]
There is no vaccine for the swine flu, so the pharm company would make more money if the actual disease had a vaccine don't you think?

Last edited by cjma79; 04-25-2009 at 06:13 PM..

Old 04-25-2009, 06:01 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,984,553 times
Are you talking about the 1976 swine flu? Yes, they had a vaccine, and it killed quite a few people.

Or are you talking about this swine flu? The CDC has some "seed stock" already created, to aid in making the vaccine. I don't know waht seed stock is, or how they create it, but apparently a vaccine is in the thought process, if not the physical process.

Mexico fights swine flu with 'pandemic potential' (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090425/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/med_swine_flu_50 - broken link) (the seed stock comment is in this link, towards the end)

Question for those who know all about viruses: Could this be at all related to the "experimental virus material" manufactured in Austria by a US company? I read this on a Canadian site several weeks or months ago. Here is a link. I think this might have been discussed on this forum before?

» Austrian Company admits releasing Flu Vaccine containing Live H5N1 Avian Flu Virus to 18 Countries Dvorak Uncensored: General interest observations and true web-log.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
[quote=cjma79;8514640]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
I assume she was referring to the "epidemic" of 1976. This was on another thread in this forum. (Maybe they can be merged?)

[SIZE=3]
There is no vaccine for the swine flu, so the pharm company would make more money if they actual disease had a vaccine don't you think?
And there is a new company ready to make lots and lots of money with a "new" vaccine.

Venture capital firm set to reap rewards on swine flu - AOL Money Canada

Old 04-25-2009, 06:05 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,553,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
She is a quack....

Store (http://drtenpenny.com/store_a.aspx - broken link)

Yep, most reputable physicians I KNOW have a STORE attached to their website....she is a shill, plain and simple

Answer me this....

Why, if the falsehoods regarding vaccines you hold so dear are true, WHY AREN'T THERE HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF RESEARCHERS AND MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS FOLLOWING SUIT???(ones who don't try to sell their products on the web for instance)

Why is it that the anti-VAX crowd march out the same old tired quasi-resources like Tenpenny?? Why are there LITERALLY only a handful of medical professionals (usually looking to make a buck from the gullible) out there singing your song?

Why is it that there is no scholarly research to back your position?

But yeah, "Big Pharma" (ooh scary boogeyman) "made up the swine flu outbreak" Give me a break.... People are dead and the "boogeyman" doesn't make money on vaccines...

Do some REAL research, and not just on anti-VAX propaganda sites like Tenpenny's...

Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness