Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 08:11 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times

Advertisements

I read this on one of my fitness magazines (Mens Health) as even us guys are concerned with keeping our skin nice and so i wanted to post this for all on here.

1. Carrots - High in Carotenoids and Vitamin A
2. Berries - High antioxidants (anthocyanidins)
3. Salmon, Walnuts, Flax - High in the Omega 3 fatty acids
4. Olive Oil - Lubricates the skin
5. Whole Grains, Turkey, Tuna - High in Selenium
6. Low Fat Dairy - Vitamin A
7. Green Tea - High in antioxidants ( EGCG)
8. Sunflower Seeds - High in Vitamin E
9. Water - Hydrate the skin

Note: I'd definitely would have posted Green Tea higher on the list.

Feed Your Skin: Skin Health : Men's Health Spotlight : MensHealth.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 03:04 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,703,033 times
I wouldn't put carrots high on the list but I will admit I am biased since I hate carrots.

Loww fat dairy? lol. They got it wrong, Its raw, whole fat milk that is good for your skin. Pastuerized dairy is bad for your skin and if its low fat its even worse as it undergoes even more processing.

How the hell are whole grains good for your skin? They block nutrients which do help your skin from being absorbed...lol

Mens Health can be very iffy with info. I read it from time to time but gotta shake my head sometimes at the advice they give.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:59 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Yeap my two favorite foods for my skin is Green Tea and Olive Oil as i not only consume them but i squeezed the used tea bags in my hands and get all the green polyphenol fluid and rub it all over my face and arms as well as the Olive Oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness