Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2009, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Michigan
29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times
Reputation: 22044

Advertisements

Chicago, IL (AHN) - New research from the University of California, San Francisco suggests drinking diet soda may reduce the risk of forming kidney stones.

The researchers said that the citrate and malate content in diet soda may be enough to inhibit the development of calcium stones.

Diet Soda Could Prevent Kidney Stones | AHN | April 28, 2009 (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7014944156 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
 
242 posts, read 1,186,957 times
Reputation: 209
Default Diet Soda

Are they a JOKE or what? Diet soda is the worst beverage anyone could consume! It has the toxic nutra sweet ( aspartame ) in it. the artifical sweetner, classified as an Excitoxin that it can cause seizures, brain tumors, mimics MS, some people die from it, the aspartame. This stuff is totally toxic and it AINT GONNA PREVENT KIDNEY STONES. More JUNK SCIENCE peddling their lies. The FDA knew that is causes brain tumors but later on it was pushed to go on the market, oh Mr. Rumfeld a had a lot to do with it. On January 21, 1981 Searle reapplied to the FDA for approval to use aspartame a a food sweetner knowing the facts were bad. The evidence is so clear that aspartame was dangerous and causes brain tumors and other medical problems that this new five person scientific board had voted 3-2 Against alllowing aspartame to be used for human consumption, because it is tooooooo dangerous. Then the FDA got a sixth member to the commission the sixth member voted for aspartame so it was a 3-3 tie. THEN the FDA commissioner came in and personally broke the tie in aspartame's favor. ................. Aspartame is 180 times sweeter than sugar has no calories Fall of 1967 A biochemist conducts the safet test on infant monkeys that were fed aspartame mixed with milk ( THIS IS ANIMAL ABUSE) one dies and fie others have GRAND SEIZURES. AND THIS JUNK SCIENCE BALONEY is going to PREVENT KIDNEY STONES.... HOGWASH JUNK SCIENCE BALONEY!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 12:15 AM
 
Location: Imaginary Figment
11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Reputation: 4777
Aspartame? It's nasty nasty stuff. Years ago I downed Diet Sodas like no tomorrow. I had an endless list of odd symptoms that slowly infiltrated my life: Headache, fatigue, adult acne, stomach aches, dizziness, confusion, pain in the joints, shadows under my eyes...on and on. I was about 30 yrs old at the time and walking up some stairs in my house when I realized I just felt miserable everywhere. Other than diet soda, my diet was pretty decent. No high sugar consumption, no alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs. I recalled that years ago a doctor had told me not to drink diet sodas (advise I naively ignored.) I searched diet soda and then aspartame online and I had nearly every side effect listed! Also at that time I had developed an odd (of what appeared to be ) cyst on the outside of my right thumb. While reading the various sites I decided to quit drinking the stuff and poured my current can down the drain.

Within a couple of weeks I felt like a new man, EVERYTHING was gone. Within a week or so my skin cleared up and I had tons of energy again. I also noticed that I no longer craved pretzels (I also drank diet coke and ate pretzels) I just didn't want them. Another result was that I immediately lost about 8-10 pounds. Headaches gone. Joint pain gone. My concentration was like night and day. Stomach problems gone. Adult acne gone. All gone.

Now the kicker. The lump in my hand turned out to be a tumor. It seemed to baffle my doctor and it also stayed in toxicology for an extended period of time before they came to a conclusion. At the same time a lump developed on the inside of my left cheek (felt from inside the mouth) that I have had an MRI of and found to be benign.

I do not find any of this to be a coincidence. Drink that GARBAGE at your own risk!

Last edited by SLCPUNK; 04-28-2009 at 12:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 12:30 AM
 
Location: Midwest
9,414 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Reputation: 17905
Look, just because Lil Donnie Rumsfeld was behind the Aspartane Conspriarcy, it means nussink! Nussink!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
Reputation: 4125
Too much aspartame is a bad thing, but the monkey study is flawed. You feed anything their body weight in a chemical it's going to mess you up...water will give you seizures and kill you are that volume. Until they put Stevia into drinks I'm going to use it, no problems here *twitch twitch*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 09:30 AM
 
2,742 posts, read 7,493,115 times
Reputation: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapalua View Post
Are they a JOKE or what? Diet soda is the worst beverage anyone could consume! It has the toxic nutra sweet ( aspartame ) in it. the artifical sweetner, classified as an Excitoxin that it can cause seizures, brain tumors, mimics MS, some people die from it, the aspartame. This stuff is totally toxic and it AINT GONNA PREVENT KIDNEY STONES. More JUNK SCIENCE peddling their lies. The FDA knew that is causes brain tumors but later on it was pushed to go on the market, oh Mr. Rumfeld a had a lot to do with it. On January 21, 1981 Searle reapplied to the FDA for approval to use aspartame a a food sweetner knowing the facts were bad. The evidence is so clear that aspartame was dangerous and causes brain tumors and other medical problems that this new five person scientific board had voted 3-2 Against alllowing aspartame to be used for human consumption, because it is tooooooo dangerous. Then the FDA got a sixth member to the commission the sixth member voted for aspartame so it was a 3-3 tie. THEN the FDA commissioner came in and personally broke the tie in aspartame's favor. ................. Aspartame is 180 times sweeter than sugar has no calories Fall of 1967 A biochemist conducts the safet test on infant monkeys that were fed aspartame mixed with milk ( THIS IS ANIMAL ABUSE) one dies and fie others have GRAND SEIZURES. AND THIS JUNK SCIENCE BALONEY is going to PREVENT KIDNEY STONES.... HOGWASH JUNK SCIENCE BALONEY!!!!
Who clasified it as a toxin? the conspiracy association?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 09:32 AM
 
2,742 posts, read 7,493,115 times
Reputation: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Chicago, IL (AHN) - New research from the University of California, San Francisco suggests drinking diet soda may reduce the risk of forming kidney stones.

The researchers said that the citrate and malate content in diet soda may be enough to inhibit the development of calcium stones.

Diet Soda Could Prevent Kidney Stones | AHN | April 28, 2009 (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7014944156 - broken link)
It make sense, since citrate breaks down calcium stones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 09:37 AM
 
985 posts, read 2,600,642 times
Reputation: 736
I think this is BS, I am totally addicted to coke and it didn't prevent me from getting multiple kidney stones on three different instances. That said, I think coke is really bad for people and plan to stop drinking it..... someday.....maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 AM
 
177 posts, read 312,475 times
Reputation: 125
This is akin to saying smoking is good for you because it drives away mosquitos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 12:41 PM
 
2,742 posts, read 7,493,115 times
Reputation: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin1115 View Post
This is akin to saying smoking is good for you because it drives away mosquitos.

Actually mosquitos are attracted to CO2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top