Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 01:39 AM

242 posts, read 1,183,881 times

Advertisements

Nutritional supplements 25 mg of Vitamin B6, 2 m of Vitamin K, 600 mg of magnesium citrate, Calcium Citrate 300 mg to 1,000 mg perday) it is also very effectiv for reducing Kidney Stones and it can be taken with oher nutrients. THESE SUPPLEMENTS inhibit OXALATE stone formation by reducing OXALATE acid and thereby increasing it excretion. Drink cranberry juic 8 oz per day, or buy the cranberry concentrate capsules ( 300 mg 2 times daily. ( I HAVE TOLD MANY PEOPLE THIS so I know, and also folic acid needs to be taken 5mg I know that is a lot of mg but some people are more prone to Kidney stones becaus the stones are made up of URIC ACID, Folic Acid the B vitamin will STOP an enzyme responsible for producing the uric aci. Too much spinach and chocolates cause OXALID ACID and other foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 AM

242 posts, read 1,183,881 times
Default To prevent Kidney Stones

You may want to know more about URIC ACID, well, stone formation is associated with dietary factors Low fiber, and eating a rather high refined carbo diet ( processed foods ) High alcohol and animal protein. If you change your eating habits you wont have to worry. One needs to UP their levels of fluids, drink more water or juice. and the other important information you NEED to KNOW is studies have been done and Calcium supplements do not cause the increase of frequency of stone, but resisted calcium does. PLEASE do not use the cheap Calcium carbonate supplements use CALCIUM CITRATE it is aborbed into the body easier this is a good one and same for Magnesium Citrate. ................... N if your kidney stones are made up of URIC ACID, you should avoid FOODS like the high purne content, because it only breaks down into URIC ACID, sorry folks that is the facts of life! What are they, well, red meats in particular and shellfish, YEAST ( in breads etc ) herring, salmon mackerel and anchovies. ...... Some people are known to go and have LITOTRIPSY f the pain is too horrible This is using SOUND WAVES to break up the KIDNEY STONES that are too large o pass or that cause complete obstruction. OTHERS have to go to surgery,

Old 04-28-2009, 05:41 AM

176 posts, read 637,193 times
However, that regimen will give me Gray Hair

Old 08-22-2009, 10:41 AM

6 posts, read 28,821 times
LOL..My urologist told me to drink the juice of 1 lemon a day (mixed with water) and thats all it would need to stop most stones forming..so much easier.....

Old 08-27-2009, 12:57 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,873,678 times
I've "created" and passed well over 150 of them in the past 15 years. Ouchy! The first one was a wholly terror but was only about 0.75mm in diameter. Since then, I've passed one that was at least 1cm (10mm; bigger than a 9mm bullet!) without surgical assistance, all alone one night in my house, yelling out loud and swallowing OxyXContins!

I've had ultrasonic lithotrypsy three times, and the post-surgery stents are VERY unpleasant. I was spectacularly low in metabolic magnesium, which my urologist said is a causative factor.

I drink about 3-4 liters (about a quart each) of H2O every day, with a big glass at bedtime,. With, of course, predictable night-time results. But that's still better that than the inevitable kidney stones.

I do not drink tea, and while I love spinach and kale and chard, I only have it in small portions about twice a year, so that's not a likely problem area. Little to no chocolate, but lots of calcium, magnesium and zinc, plus, B12 and other vitamin, supplements.

All to no apparently avail.

So, no real causative factor identified in me yet, and at 62, I doubt they ever will. I"ve just resigned myself to having them blasted out about every 2-5 to 4 years. Sigh....

(BTW, it's NOTHING like having a baby. How many women do you know who've had 150+ kids, often as frequently as 3 months between, and where the labor is allowed to go on for 3 - 5 days? No comparison!)

Old 08-27-2009, 04:00 PM

23,523 posts, read 69,933,850 times
rifleman - OUCH! You are doing the right stuff, with the water and magnesium and all. I've found magnesium ascorbate to be the best for me, and I drink 24 oz of distilled - HEY! wait a minute- are you drinking DISTILLED water? If you are drinking tap water, it has nowhere near as good an effect. BTW, the stone that got me to saying "never again" blew a hole in the side of my ureter from the back pressure.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:50 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,533,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honibea View Post
LOL..My urologist told me to drink the juice of 1 lemon a day (mixed with water) and thats all it would need to stop most stones forming..so much easier.....
I thought you were supposed to avoid citrus juices?
Uric acid crystals also causes gout.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 AM

6 posts, read 28,821 times
The citric acid is supposed to break the crystals down,you can even get a lemon drink in some countries on prescription...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness