U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,950,601 times

Advertisements

For some time now I have had a sharp pain in my chest that comes and goes. Sometimes it makes it hard to breathe in deep, and other times it will just kind of ache. But, it goes away just as quickly as it came.

I am a healthy 22 year old girl. I am not overweight or have any medical problems.

This pain is ALWAYS on my left side right above my breast, but inside me. Could it be a pinched nerve or something more severe? Like I said, it is always in the same place and I have had this for a while.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I could go to the doctor, but what can they do? I hate explaining this pain because I don't think it is life threatening, just a bothersome I guess. Then I am afraid they think I am making it up and won't be able to find anything wrong..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,357,250 times
It is far better to be safe than sorry. I would go to the doctor. A complete history of your mother's health and family health will give them clues.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:29 PM

55 posts, read 245,147 times
Go see a doctor and know what your dealing with.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:22 PM

374 posts, read 1,030,428 times
Definitely go see a doctor -just to be on the safe side, but in the meantime, look up something called Prinzmetal's Angina. You can have random spasms of coronary vessels that can cause pain like that in otherwise healthy patients. This can happen from anxiety, cold, or just be random. Something to think about. But still get it checked out. Then at least you will know next time it happens what you are dealing with.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:24 PM

305 posts, read 1,120,360 times
does it happen after strenous activity?

how long has it been going on for and how often does it happen...
how long will it last

Old 05-07-2009, 11:40 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,783,590 times
When I would run a lot I pulled my sternum and it gave me weird pains in my chest. Have you been working out at the gym by any chance?

Otherwise, you could have a prolapsed mitral valve or something. It can cause pain.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:34 AM

1,461 posts, read 4,432,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
For some time now I have had a sharp pain in my chest that comes and goes. Sometimes it makes it hard to breathe in deep, and other times it will just kind of ache. But, it goes away just as quickly as it came.I am a healthy 22 year old girl. I am not overweight or have any medical problems.This pain is ALWAYS on my left side right above my breast, but inside me. Could it be a pinched nerve or something more severe? Like I said, it is always in the same place and I have had this for a while. Anyone have any thoughts?I could go to the doctor, but what can they do? I hate explaining this pain because I don't think it is life threatening, just a bothersome I guess. Then I am afraid they think I am making it up and won't be able to find anything wrong..
Go to the doctor. No one on here is qualified to give you advice on why you have a pain in your chest. It could be a lot of things none of which any of us has a degree to diagnose. Are you afraid of the doctor? I use to be when I was young to the point where my blood pressure would soar while I was in there..I still went.

A couple of things...first of all, the doctor spends his whole day, 8 hours or more 7 days a week sometimes more listening to peoples illnesses. It is what he went to med school for so it is not a "bother" to him to listen to what is going on with you. Has someone in your past accused you of making stuff up when you were not feeling well?? Sure sounds it...don't let that even enter your head when it comes to not feeling right..just go to the doctor.

Lastly, chest pain is not looked at lightly...it might be nothing, it could be something and if you don't go and find out, you will never know. Don't be afraid; start taking care of yourself now and by the time you are older, you will be in perfect health. Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness