Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 05:45 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times

Advertisements

I was looking in the paper yesterday when I ran across an add from a lawyer about side effects of the drug. I had never heard a problem with this drug before. My 2 year old took this for about a year along with another drug because of reflux and because her stomach wasn't empting. I was also a foster parent and had several preemies on this drug. Does anyone know of someone who had the issues from taking this drug that they describe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 08:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
The only time i have ever used the drug was for my pets given by the vet.I also have heard of people taking it but not for long term use.I certainly would rely on a lawyer for medical advise on drugs;they have motive for wanting to sue and they are not experts as we have seen with many drugs that they opposed.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:14 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
I would survey phamacists in your area. They are the TRUE experts on side effects. I also would be be leery of taking or giving to loved ones ANY drug ESPECIALLY for long term use without also having an exit strategy and a way to improve the condition so the drug isn't needed forever.

Acid Reflux would seem to be one of the easier problems to solve with so many safe effective remedies out there. First of all eliminate dairy or formula derived from cows milk (Cows milk never was nor ever will be a health food despite what the American Dairy Assn says. its purpose is to help calfs grow into big heavy cows in 6 months PERIOD. It offers no benefit to humans. Calcium is much more assimilable from dark green leafy veggies than from dairy); stop over feeding and feeding late at night; for refulux use apple cider vinegar or slippery elm bark powder which you can make into an herb tea that tastes like maple syrup to calm the digestive tract. Peppermint and Ginger also help. As a preventative you can have a salad with apple cider vinegar dressing or take a good digestive enzyme.

There is no good reason for ANYONE to have to take DRUGS for a problem as simple as Acid Reflux.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:37 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I was looking in the paper yesterday when I ran across an add from a lawyer about side effects of the drug. I had never heard a problem with this drug before. My 2 year old took this for about a year along with another drug because of reflux and because her stomach wasn't empting. I was also a foster parent and had several preemies on this drug. Does anyone know of someone who had the issues from taking this drug that they describe
I think you are talking about Tardive Dyskinesia.
If your son is not taking the medication anymore then you don't have to worry about Tardive Dsykinesia.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:39 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I would survey phamacists in your area. They are the TRUE experts on side effects. I also would be be leery of taking or giving to loved ones ANY drug ESPECIALLY for long term use without also having an exit strategy and a way to improve the condition so the drug isn't needed forever.

Acid Reflux would seem to be one of the easier problems to solve with so many safe effective remedies out there. First of all eliminate dairy or formula derived from cows milk (Cows milk never was nor ever will be a health food despite what the American Dairy Assn says. its purpose is to help calfs grow into big heavy cows in 6 months PERIOD. It offers no benefit to humans. Calcium is much more assimilable from dark green leafy veggies than from dairy); stop over feeding and feeding late at night; for refulux use apple cider vinegar or slippery elm bark powder which you can make into an herb tea that tastes like maple syrup to calm the digestive tract. Peppermint and Ginger also help. As a preventative you can have a salad with apple cider vinegar dressing or take a good digestive enzyme.

There is no good reason for ANYONE to have to take DRUGS for a problem as simple as Acid Reflux.
The boy also had gastric emptying problems, and it was the reason for the reflux, not the same in adults.
Also acid reflux is simple but it also can be complicated, it can lead to Barrett Esophagus and that can lead to cancer.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
It was my daughter who drank a special formula as well. I 'm a adopted Mom and it is common for babies born from drug mothers to have reflux. My other daughter did as well. The issue is babies is much different then older people. My daughter who is 2 could not really lat flat for a long time. You could hear her belly. This drug is given a lot in preemies as well who have issues in digestion. She stopped taking it about a year ago. I just heard about the issues of the drug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness