Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:49 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,469,948 times

Advertisements

As a child I was vaccinated till kingdom come against just about anything out there. I was one of the last children in the UK to receive the smallpox vaccination (and I still have my scar) along with polio, MMR, typhoid, TB, paratyphoid, typhus, cholera, etc, etc. My parents were military and we lived in a lot of third-world countries where all these diseases still abound. (Incidentally, smallpox has not been entirely eradicated.) I now have the immune system of Iron Man! The last time I caught a cold was, I think, 2003. I also have a phobia of needles but that's another story. I think vaccines are incredibly important and there are 100s of children every year who receive MMR and do not develop autism. Autism is a tragedy for child and parent and my heart goes out to those families, but to risk the life of your child because of a POSSIBLE side-effect that has not been proven is, I think, criminally negligent.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:52 AM

830 posts, read 1,064,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
just because science hasn't proven something today, doesn't mean it isn't so.
The medical and drug industry has enough clout and money to keep their secret quiet for as long as they want to. If they admit that vaccinations are a serious problem, you will have millions of law suits and they are NEVER going to give up that much money. Same hold true why the dental industry will never admit that mercury fillings are bad and causing health problems.

Money will always trump people's lives. Thinking that isn't so is naive.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:56 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
As a child I was vaccinated till kingdom come against just about anything out there. I was one of the last children in the UK to receive the smallpox vaccination (and I still have my scar) along with polio, MMR, typhoid, TB, paratyphoid, typhus, cholera, etc, etc. My parents were military and we lived in a lot of third-world countries where all these diseases still abound. (Incidentally, smallpox has not been entirely eradicated.) I now have the immune system of Iron Man! The last time I caught a cold was, I think, 2003. I also have a phobia of needles but that's another story. I think vaccines are incredibly important and there are 100s of children every year who receive MMR and do not develop autism. Autism is a tragedy for child and parent and my heart goes out to those families, but to risk the life of your child because of a POSSIBLE side-effect that has not been proven is, I think, criminally negligent.

IT'S NOT AUTISM THAT THESE PARENTS ARE AFRAID OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that this is braught up over and over again as an argument against some paren'ts CHOICE to NOT vaccinate just proves that some of you know little about vaccines and the disease they are supposed to prevent.

Again, Autism is a very SMALL part in the whole picture. VERY small indeed

Old 05-29-2009, 10:02 AM

830 posts, read 1,064,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
And if I did the traveling to all those harmful countries, I may even consider the vaccinations, however, you are more of an exception. Also, I am happy for you that you managed to survive all those vaccinations, but I am willing to bet that iron man system you were born with is what saved you and if we ALL were born with such a system, then there wouldn't be a problem.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:05 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel View Post
For all you avid believers in vaccinations, I'll pray for your children.
Save your prayers for the un vaccinated....they are the ones that need them....

Old 05-29-2009, 10:10 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel View Post
The medical and drug industry has enough clout and money to keep their secret quiet for as long as they want to. If they admit that vaccinations are a serious problem, you will have millions of law suits and they are NEVER going to give up that much money. Same hold true why the dental industry will never admit that mercury fillings are bad and causing health problems.

Money will always trump people's lives. Thinking that isn't so is naive.

Ahhh, a conspiracy theorist.....now it all makes sense....not

Old 05-29-2009, 10:11 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
This afternoon I heard a news leader stating that, since Jenny McCarthy has been railing against vaccines, there's now an anti-vaccine trend on the Westside. Brilliant. I don't suppose anybody wants to explain to this simpleton who never took a college level prob & stat class the difference between correlation and causation?
Why would anyone listen to a ditz like her?

Old 05-29-2009, 10:19 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I wish I could say that I don't care if someone doesn't want to vaccinate their kids, but it's a society issue. The old herd immunity thing. If enough people stop vaccinating there will be a rise in epidemics of diseases that have been preventable for ages.

It's perfectly ok to delay vaccines IMO, and if people want to question the combinations and instead vaccinate individually for only the most serious I can even be on board with that. But the hardcore anti-every-vaccine crowd in nothing short of loony. I question their ability to be good parents.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,203 times
Good for Jenny. I think its great that ppl are being made aware of the problems that these vaccines can cause. It is now even more important as mandatory flu vaccines might be implemented next yr which was the master plan with the "swine flue".

Old 05-29-2009, 10:22 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Why would anyone listen to a ditz like her?
Yea a ditz has more money then you will ever have...lol. Don't hate on the woman because she is attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness