U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:02 PM

12,689 posts, read 12,697,157 times

Advertisements

This afternoon I heard a news leader stating that, since Jenny McCarthy has been railing against vaccines, there's now an anti-vaccine trend on the Westside. Brilliant. I don't suppose anybody wants to explain to this simpleton who never took a college level prob & stat class the difference between correlation and causation?
Rate this post positively

Old 05-26-2009, 10:05 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,187,954 times
With her logic, perhaps we can establish a link between breast implants and brain damage?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,870,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
With her logic, perhaps we can establish a link between breast implants and brain damage?
Yes. Why the hell would somebody take the advice of this bimbo over their doctor? What is wrong with America?

My nephew's pediatrician will not see kids who's parents do not vaccinate them. The pediatricians logic is that these parents most likely have some screws loose and are more likely to sue when something does go wrong (and it is more likely something will go wrong without proper vaccinations).

Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,870,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I don't suppose anybody wants to explain to this simpleton who never took a college level prob & stat class the difference between correlation and causation?
I guess the doctor who has been educated in this type of stuff for 10 years would explain, but a bimbo will be a bimbo. Why do people listen to bimbos over experts when we are talking about health? just wow...

Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 AM

7,090 posts, read 11,410,571 times
Very true. There really is no correlation or causation, kids get vaccinated and some have autism that manifests in a period of time after they get vaccinated....it's a tragedy not a correlation. Kids get vaccinated well before they even really can show symptoms of most anything neurological that affects personality. There is a much higher, and proven, correlation to death and severe injury related to the diseases vaccinated against in infancy (just measles mortality rates have been shown up to 28% University of Chicago Press - Cookie absent).

Old 05-27-2009, 11:15 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,118,385 times
Quote:
This afternoon I heard a news leader stating that, since Jenny McCarthy has been railing against vaccines, there's now an anti-vaccine trend on the Westside. Brilliant. I don't suppose anybody wants to explain to this simpleton who never took a college level prob & stat class the difference between correlation and causation?
Who was the "news leader"?

And what is a news leader anyway?

Last edited by coyoteskye; 05-27-2009 at 11:27 AM..

Old 05-27-2009, 03:41 PM

252 posts, read 908,202 times
This is terrible news. I hold news organizations partly responsible for giving anti-vaccination crazies more air time than their position deserves. There is a certain "present both sides" mentality--though laudable in political debates and other arenas of life--that has resulted in fringe medical views getting more air time than the merits of their position deserves.

I also think people in LA are susceptible to embracing all things "natural" as somehow intrinsically healthful and beneficial. Unfortunately, deadly childhood viruses were quite "natural," as was high mortality during child birth, as are nightshade berries.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM

95 posts, read 478,797 times
Quote:
First:
The anti-vaccine trend didn't spontaneously appear. That's just silliness.

Second:
It's more than just Jenny doing the awakening of the people.

Third:
Bimbo vs Doctor? Really? I will go out on a limb and say that those belittling Jenny have never met her.

Fourth:
Just because someone is a doctor, doesn't mean their an expert on all medical areas of the body. Talk about high expectations...

Fifth:
There was one case that I read about three years ago where MMR was directly linked to causing autism and the family successfully sued the Secretary of Health and Human Services.

Sixth:
Mercury-free vaccines must be requested.
The Vet I visit has been looking into a vaccine w/o Thimerosal/Mercury. The more Vets/consumers that request a change (power of numbers) the more likely the change will occur.

Seventh:
The FDA/CDC has been compromised for decades, and I don't care about their short-sightedness. The FDA has not done the research to say: this toxin is something we are now banning from use in all US pharmaceuticals. Even wikipedia tells the public under the safety section that the Mercury (element) is a toxin; with the skull and cross bones.

Eight:
Congress yelled at the FDA to remove Thimerosal/Mercury from children's vaccines.
There is not any safe dose of poison. The oath Doctors take: "I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone."
This oath came before this country, before any law. No law can make us take a poison unless it's the death penalty.

Ninth:
I feel the judge that ordered a child to go into chemo treatment has clearly demonstrated how the government has continued to overstep their position and violated the boundaries of "We The People". If thy assumption is correct. The gov't intimidated the parents through the use of 'fear of loss' to use the child as an example. I believe this child would have been in the Gerson Therapy (http://www.gerson.org/g_therapy/default.asp - broken link), which is very very successful at healing the body of cancer. Link 1 Any doctor who knows of an alternative treatment and fails to share it with their patient would loose their license to practice, pay a fine and go to jail.

Tenth:
Ignorance is something we can heal from, however, stupidity follows us around. Do the home work folks... Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 Link 5 Link 6 Link 7 Link 8 Link 9

Eleventh:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Yes. Why the hell would somebody take the advice of this bimbo over their doctor? What is wrong with America?

My nephew's pediatrician will not see kids who's parents do not vaccinate them. The pediatricians logic is that these parents most likely have some screws loose and are more likely to sue when something does go wrong (and it is more likely something will go wrong without proper vaccinations).
That's a partial truth. Most Doctors are taught how to think and how to treat people. Typically, some of western medicine works and the other parts just mask the symptoms. Some Doctors will compromise and tell patients to "live with it". It's easy to see how Doctors are preventing death because of the fear of being sued by the surviving family members. People are taught to fear things... Big Pharm wants patients for life, as there pension plan. Why cure something when it's a better wage to keep them on a drug for life?

Twelfth:
Finally, Medical School students, (including thyself) are bringing sexy back! (I keed) We are wanting unbiased professors and learning about both eastern and western medicine. Link 10

Thirteenth:
If someone didn't like the response to this thread. The first step to loosing up is to unclench those butt cheeks. For the one who finds offense to this statement. It's especially important that you're re-reading this paragraph.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:58 PM

1,076 posts, read 4,125,478 times
Great post FeelGood!

I agree, "It's more than just Jenny doing the awakening of the people."

Plus, I wonder if any of us were in her place with an autistic son if we might question the vaccine more than the average person?

.. and where did all the bimbo stuff come from?? .. because she's got breast implants has something to do with her being brain dead?

Old 05-27-2009, 04:04 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,420,618 times
Thanks feel good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.