U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 06:48 PM

10,140 posts, read 18,540,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaHoffman View Post
i'm only 17 and my cycle has been shorter for the past 3 months. the first month (November) i was 9 days earlier then usual, the second (december) i was 6 days early. I started my period today and its now 4 days early. it's strange as I havent ever been earlier then 1 day or later then 1 day even when i first started my period aged 12 or 13 i only missed one period (my second expected period) I have been regular ever since
I believe that I've heard that if you're still a teenager you're going to be irregular--it takes years to even out. I hope that's true b/c my dd is still very irregular.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 06:14 AM

10 posts, read 57,001 times
thats the thing, teenagers are said to be irregular, but i'm 17, i've gone through everything i have been regular for so long now, i think it does depend on the person
but then my sister has gone through PCOS so anything always makes me worry

Old 01-08-2012, 01:01 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,258,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaHoffman View Post
I do eat healthily, don't ever drink much caffeine especially not coffee as i'm allergic to coffee, my body products are all natural because i have terrible eczema, however what u say about living in city i live in london so it could be that. I combat stress by knitting (yes i know, not expected of someone my age) and reading.
I do think it might me going to normal because when i started yesterday it was just spotting so i might be going back to normal and start properly when i'm due. altho the spotting worried me cause i've never had spotting either
I'd relax about it.
You are so young.
Also, worrying about it (mental and emotional states) can have an effect on your cycle so i suggest that you just trust your body and let it be.
Again, we're not machines and don't necessarily run like clock work.
p.s. .... my mom taught me to knit when i was a child and i did it throughout my teens.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 8,972 times
I had the same problem just this past period. I have always had a regular cycle and this time it was only 3 days. 1st day was a very light start, 2nd day was regular but only lasted a half a day and the 3rd day was nothing and has been since. I usually go for 3 regular days and light for the last 2. I am 29 and have 2 kids. This is not normal for me at all! Should I be concerned as well?

Old 01-12-2012, 10:36 AM

10 posts, read 57,001 times
my period was normal 2 days early but totally normal

i am no expert so i really dont know

Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM

19,865 posts, read 59,870,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHudson09 View Post
I had the same problem just this past period. I have always had a regular cycle and this time it was only 3 days. 1st day was a very light start, 2nd day was regular but only lasted a half a day and the 3rd day was nothing and has been since. I usually go for 3 regular days and light for the last 2. I am 29 and have 2 kids. This is not normal for me at all! Should I be concerned as well?
You could be pregnant.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 11,706 times
I am 27yrs old.. I am planning for second baby.. but i got periods on Jan 3rd ie 7days early.. again on Jan 11th got my another periods for just one day.. When i will ovulate? or is this any problem of irregular periods?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:26 PM

30,204 posts, read 32,658,347 times
An occasional period that is a bit different from what you normally expect is nothing to worry about. Just an ovarian hiccup, so to speak, most likely.

Women tend to have irregular periods in the cycles right after they begin having periods and in the years before menopause for the same reason: ovulation does not happen.

For teens, the periods can sometimes be heavy, though cycles in which you do not ovulate are more likely to be less crampy. As the system matures, the interval from the beginning of one period to the beginning of the next period becomes more regular and the periods themselves sometimes more painful.

For women nearing menopause, skipped ovulation is related to aging of the eggs still present. You are born with all the eggs you will ever have, and many of them disintegrate without ever having an opportunity to ovulate. The eggs which are more sensitive to hormone stimulation get used first. The remaining ones sometimes ovulate, but the production of estrogen and progesterone is not what it used to be. Progesterone poops out earlier in the cycle, and the interval from beginning to beginning gets shorter. Eventually, all the eggs are used up and periods stop altogether.

If you are using any hormonal method of birth control or an IUD, the periods may change depending on the method.

If you are not using a hormonal method of birth control, an IUD, or any method of birth control, a period that seems different may actually be pregnancy related, and a test would not be a bad idea. A pregnancy test might also be a good idea if you are using a method of birth control but had a problem, such as missed birth control pills. Any woman who has sex is at risk to get pregnant. Any method can fail. Know your method and know when to test for pregnancy. When in doubt, test.

Most doctors are not going to suggest birth control pills for someone who does not need contraception just on the basis of one or two slightly irregular periods. But if the periods are less than about 23 or 24 days from beginning to beginning or the flow is heavy or prolonged or painful, hormonal treatment can provide relief and is a very low risk option. On the other hand, if the periods are further apart, say over about 35 days, abnormalities of the uterine lining can develop.

If you want to know whether you are ovulating, there is a simple, inexpensive way to tell. Take your temperature. Use a digital thermometer and take it as soon as you wake up. This is your basal body temperature, the lowest it will be during the day in the absence of an illness causing a fever. As soon as you get up and move around, it will go up a little. The progesterone produced after ovulation causes a rise in basal body temperature, often just about one degree Fahrenheit.

You can keep a record like this one:

http://assets.babycenter.com/ims/Con...mple_chart.pdf

There are day to day fluctuations, sometimes a little dip in the temp, then the rise which lasts until the period begins, usually fourteen days in a 28 day cycle. If a pregnancy occurs, the temp stays up, the period is missed, and a pregnancy test is in order.

Young women with heavy, crampy periods should see a doctor. Heavy flow can cause anemia and painful periods can be a symptom of a condition called endometriosis.

Older women with prolonged bleeding can also become anemic, and the risk is greater that something non-hormonal is going on, including fibroids or even pre-cancers or cancers of the uterine lining.

Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to skip periods, and they, too, are at risk for abnormalities of the uterine lining. Women with PCO also have other metabolic issues that need to be addressed, and most gynecologists can do it quite well.

All women should get in the habit of recording their periods every month. I'm sure there's an app for that now, but a simple pocket calendar will also do the trick.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:48 AM

1 posts, read 8,168 times
i have been married last 3 years still now there is no pregnency since from 6 months my menses is only for 1 day what is the problem

Old 06-09-2012, 10:45 PM

30,204 posts, read 32,658,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarpallavi View Post
i have been married last 3 years still now there is no pregnency since from 6 months my menses is only for 1 day what is the problem
See your doctor. There are two many possibilities for us to help you here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness