Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:14 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,584,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Hundreds of millions of men in China, Japan, Vietnam, Korea and basically most of Asia eat tofu daily. They don't have estrogen problems. It boggles the mind that supposedly intelligent people living in an advanced country like the US would ignore this fact and believe in some obscure article in some obscure magazine instead. Little wonder this country is going down the drain.

Good post.
Nope, don't see too many Asian men with man-boobs.
How about, take responsibility for your flab, Americans?
It's called obesity. You get it from overeating.
Soy is the least of your concerns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 06:14 AM

2,788 posts, read 7,985,636 times
It amazes me that this tired old bogey-man soy argument keeps cropping up. Millions of asians for generations have consumed soy with none of the awful side effects these posters keep parroting.
I would suggest that the "dangers" of soy lie in the same dangers of white flour; over processing to the point of nutritional adulteration. Wheat grains and soybeans were meant to be consumed as close as possible to their original states. God made 'em that way just like our bodies are this way.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:43 AM

466 posts, read 923,663 times
Quote:
Hundreds of millions of men in China, Japan, Vietnam, Korea and basically most of Asia eat tofu daily. They don't have estrogen problems. It boggles the mind that supposedly intelligent people living in an advanced country like the US would ignore this fact and believe in some obscure article in some obscure magazine instead. Little wonder this country is going down the drain.

The soy that is eaten in these countries is and has always been fermented soy which does not contain the phyto-estrogens that the soy flour that we are discussing on this thread.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,514,386 times
Quote:
and believe in some obscure article in some obscure magazine instead.
Mens Health magazine is not an obscure magazine.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,475,045 times
Quote:
There is plenty of research on soy bean, and all have said the same.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:59 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,692,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Good post.
How about, take responsibility for your flab, Americans?
It's called obesity. You get it from overeating.
Soy is the least of your concerns.
Gyno has nothing to do with flab (although overweight ppl are more prone to it) but rather hormone imbalances in the body. Its a a side effect often seen in steroid users.

Soy was not even considered edible in China till they learned how to ferment it. Soy milk, soy protein, soy burgers..etc are not fermented.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Good post.

Hey Jane................ ever seen a sumo wrestler????????

Old 06-02-2009, 12:41 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,935,745 times
I've been eating soy ( tofu and tempeh ) in moderate quantities for over 30 years, and I am a fit, healthy 60 year old. Of course the researchers are entitled to their opinions, but it is not one that seems valid to me. For now, I'll take my chances and continue to consume tofu and tempeh. Occassionally I'll even drink a little soy milk, but not very often. Use common sense and don't be overly swayed by researchers.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:04 PM

Tofu and tempeh are both fermented soy. Soy milk in Asia is a fermented product. The soy milk at the local market is basically processed food and NOT fermented. (it lasts for months in the fridg though)

Old 06-02-2009, 03:22 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,174,173 times
I think we are all made to eat different things. I have an estrogen dominate body and find soy is fine for me. I do not eat it all the time. But it really gives me a boost to have that silk soy milk. I would like to get an extractor to make my own strait from the bean. That is such a bummer too becuase soy flour chocolate chip cookies are the best! LOL

I do wonder too is this all from other things in our environment like the chemicals we still have in our soils and in our products. Dermal medications are very effective. So smearing lotion with PABA in it would be effective at giving some breast development.

I thin the Asian diet that is water rich and vegetable rich clears the system of excess where an American way of eating does not. The way of eating has one day of fasting in some cultures that clears the system of excess as well. The American system...well if we are not eating every 4 hours we act like someone is going to drop dead. LOL
The hardly eat beef or corn. We eat a ton of it. Those hormones they shove into the cows system is going right into you too.

Also the Asian body usually does not have high amounts of breast tissue in men or women unless a lot of weight is gained. Of course you will have your random one. But as a generally they are not corn fed Nebraska girls.No matter what your sex is..If you have a higher amount of fat you are going to have some more estrogen in there as well. Americans are fatter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness