Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 05:36 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times

Advertisements

I hate procrastinating and i know i need to get things done, but a cat meowing, noise from TV, someone pouring water completely breaks my concentration.

To the same people that have this problem, is there any solution to it? I'd love to be able to do math for hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 05:41 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
I hate procrastinating and i know i need to get things done, but a cat meowing, noise from TV, someone pouring water completely breaks my concentration.

To the same people that have this problem, is there any solution to it? I'd love to be able to do math for hours.
Question... is it due to something like ADD or that your hearing is better then most people?

I hear the slightest sound; have learned to deal with it over the years..

Old 06-17-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Question... is it due to something like ADD or that your hearing is better then most people?

I hear the slightest sound; have learned to deal with it over the years..
Nah I do not have ADD or ADHD. It is more of someone talks to me I have to start over on whatever i just read. My hearing sucks, but i do hear high pitch noises that hurt my head. I don't find anything weird about that because i've had that problem since I was 8.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
How do you know you don't have ADD? That's what it sounds like to me. I missed the dx for years b/c some of the stuff on the list just didn't apply to me, but my doc said everyone w/ ADD has it in his/her own way. I read a lot so assumed I didn't have it, but you can concentrate on what you're interested in if you have ADD.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
How do you know you don't have ADD? That's what it sounds like to me. I missed the dx for years b/c some of the stuff on the list just didn't apply to me, but my doc said everyone w/ ADD has it in his/her own way. I read a lot so assumed I didn't have it, but you can concentrate on what you're interested in if you have ADD.
I'll have to pay attention to that because as far as I know its everything.

I could be playing a game and something on the internet caught my attention so I move to that. I could be in the middle of math and be interrupted by my wife asking a question, have to start over.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:40 PM

467 posts, read 1,891,100 times
Solution: try studying at a library.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,726,610 times
solution 2:
try meditation.

become more aware of who and what you are.

"know thyself"

or do what most everyone else does ... run to the doctor so he/she can tell you that you're sick, label and categorize you, prescribe drugs for you - that will create more symptom(s) - and then take your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness