Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 04:14 PM

466 posts, read 928,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I think you may be right about my Doc...I blink alot becasue I need glasses (i think) but my doc thinks I have ADHD...I am looking for a diff respiratory Doctor. My current one whom I havent seen in a few weeks wanted to put me on prednisone or something..I looked it up and said no way in hell was i going to take that crap...

DUDE ! Prednisone works !

makes you bloated but it stops asthma also blocks histamines that may be causing all of your issues.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:21 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times
Quote:
When I was taking the meds prescribed by my doctor I was overweight and not very active. Now that I am off all meds and on pot I have no issues...I have not had an asthma attack in about a month...I sleep regularly, I eat right, no heartburn, no panic attacks, and I am able to exercise without asthma interfering.
Marijuana actually worsen asthma.
Marijuana actually makes you fatter.

Quote:
I am not saying it is for everyone. I just want to know why it is still illegal...they have no proof that it has any side effects.
People already have discuss this, you just do a simple search and find out that it actually does damage to brain tissue.
Also you can search for plenty other research done on the subject.

Quote:
It doesn not deteriate the brain like on poster made it sound.
How do you know, if you don't read the actual research done.

Quote:
Please give me proof of why it is bad...I have looked it up and the only thing that I can see the reason for it being illegal is that the government could not control the sale of it...heck they cant even control it now.
I guess you dont know how to do a real search.
Here you have a small list:
BBC NEWS | Health | Cannabis smoke 'has more toxins' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7150274.stm - broken link)

Cannabis bigger cancer risk than cigarettes: study | Health | Reuters

Prospective cohort study of cannabis use, predisposition for psychosis, and psychotic symptoms in young people

Wiley InterScience :: Session Cookies

And finally here you have the Brain one
SpringerLink - Journal Article

Also you should know that one of them say that actually worsen anxiety.

Quote:
We need to realize that prohabition in any form is bad. If it wasnt for prohabition there would be very little crime associated with it.
So prohibition of murder, rape is bad?

Quote:
How many fatal car crashes have occured from people driving while under the influance of Marijuana?
Plenty, look it up. I am tired of searching for your question.

Quote:
How many violent crimes have been recorded from the use of Marijuana?
How many deaths have occured from overdose?
Plenty of crimes, overdose extremely little.

Quote:
Smoking pot is healthier than smoking a cig or drinking a beer.
One of the research I just posted say that marijuana has more chemicals and toxin compared to cigarettes. I guess you need to get educated on the subject better.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
Your doctor is a quack !

and you are high
I agree , I think this would be the third or fourth time we agree on something.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I think I stated that I wasn't takin 25 diff meds...I take a few several times a day.

The reason for the sleeping pills...I am not a small guy..and one does nothing but make me irritable.

My cholestoral is not good, but that is due to my previous diet...

The thing is I stopped taking those scripts and now do nothing but Pot. I do not do it for recreation...purely medicinal. I do not see it as a fun thing to do just to get a high...if I wanted that I would drink a beer or 12..lol
If you are a big person you don't need another medication you just need higher dose.
Marijuana is not going to help you in cholesterol or asthma.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
DUDE ! Prednisone works !

makes you bloated but it stops asthma also blocks histamines that may be causing all of your issues.
Yes it really works, and to add things is actually a "Natural substance", is a normal hormone in your body, and this hormone works wonders for many things (including but not limited to asthma).

Old 06-23-2009, 04:43 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
Odd that all those studies are done by pharmaceutical companies and government ran research labs.

Any time you smoke anything...it is bad for you...i would like to see them link the eating or using a vaporizer to anything bad.

THC The main active ingredient in Pot is a micro inhalant and lasts longer than any inhaler...look it up.

I have never had anxiety attacks from pot.

Pot does not cause obesity...yes it causes cravings...but so does eating certain foods...

McDonald causes people to be fat...I dont see that becoming illegal...

prohibition on a substance is bad.

The only crimes committed by those that have consumed pot is the act of selling and consuming pot...I have never heard of or seen in my searches of a case where a man came home smoked a joint and beat his kids..I have however seen that with alcohol.

Quote:
Plenty, look it up. I am tired of searching for your question.
Really...I looked it up and found not one case.

There is not one case of overdoes resulting in a human from Marijuana.

the problem seems to be smoking...its odd that they say that pot causes brain damage when they are treating brain tumors with pure THC they have also started seeing results in other treatments with pure THC...these studies are being done by actual Doctors that are not controlled by government funding or pharmaceutical backing...there studies are infact mostly illegal because they do not get the weed from the government. Talk about a controlled substance.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:47 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Yes it really works, and to add things is actually a "Natural substance", is a normal hormone in your body, and this hormone works wonders for many things (including but not limited to asthma).
oh yeah it works...have you seen the list of side effects? and the effects of long term use...people become dependent oh this crap.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Odd that all those studies are done by pharmaceutical companies and government ran research labs.
Pharmaceutical would love to have marijuana legal so that they can sell it.
And I see that you didnt even read them.

SpringerLink - Journal Article
Acute and Non-acute effects of cannabis on Brain functioning and Neuropsychological Performance
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois, Chicago
where is the pharmaceutical company here??

Non of them are from pharmaceutical companies, and non are from the government. I suggest you read them, since is clear you didn't.

Quote:
Any time you smoke anything...it is bad for you...i would like to see them link the eating or using a vaporizer to anything bad.
They have already.

Quote:
THC The main active ingredient in Pot is a micro inhalant and lasts longer than any inhaler...look it up.
marijuana is a lot more then just THC, also the active ingredient doesn't help to your asthma.

Quote:
I have never had anxiety attacks from pot.
Now you have, read the research.

Quote:
Pot does not cause obesity...yes it causes cravings...but so does eating certain foods...
I really dont know what you are talking about, one of the uses for marijuana is for weight gain in older people.
You should read this research

[SIZE=-1]Greenberg I, Kuehnle J, Mendelson JH, Bernstein JG. Effects of marijuana use on body weight and caloric intake in humans. Psychopharmacology

And

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Hollister LE. Hunger and appetite after single doses of marihuana, alcohol, and dextroamphetamine. Clin Pharmacol Ther[/SIZE]

If you want more information:

BBSNews - Marijuana Helps Elderly Suffering from Anorexia Gain Weight (http://bbsnews.net/article.php/20070429132019505 - broken link)

Marijuana: Medical Implications - December 1, 1999 - American Academy of Family Physicians

Quote:
McDonald causes people to be fat...I dont see that becoming illegal...
Marijuana is not illegal because it makes you fat, so I dont get this comment.

Quote:
prohibition on a substance is bad.
So crack, and other strong drugs should be legal also?
What about TNT or high explosive like C4, should everybody have access to this substance also?

Quote:
The only crimes committed by those that have consumed pot is the act of selling and consuming pot...I have never heard of or seen in my searches of a case where a man came home smoked a joint and beat his kids..I have however seen that with alcohol.
Marijuana Raises Risk of Fatal Car Crash

Alcohol & Drug Abuse - Philadelphia Trucking Accident Lawyers, Commercial Drivers License, CDL
"In a 1990 report, the National Transportation Safety Board studied 182 fatal truck accidents. It found that 12.5% of the accidents were caused by drivers using marijuana."

"A New England Journal of Medicine report on drivers without alcohol in their systems who were stopped by police for reckless driving found that 45% had marijuana and 25% had cocaine in their systems."

Cannabis is linked to rising child crime and harder drugs - Times Online

National Drug Control Strategy 2000 - ONDCP

Quote:
Really...I looked it up and found not one case.
Ohio Domestic Violence Call Leads to Marijuana Possession Charges | www.myohiodefenselawyer.com

Killingly police: Domestic call leads to marijuana bust - Norwich, CT - Norwich Bulletin

Lawyer Central: Domestic Violence Arrest Leads To Marijuana Seizure (http://criminal.lawyercentral.com/Domestic-Violence-Arrest-Leads-To-Mariju-Legal-News--7-42932.html - broken link)

Quote:
There is not one case of overdoes resulting in a human from Marijuana.
At the moment there is no confirm death of overdose.

Quote:
the problem seems to be smoking...its odd that they say that pot causes brain damage when they are treating brain tumors with pure THC they have also started seeing results in other treatments with pure THC...
I think you are misinformed, they dont treat brain tumors with THC, they do use THC for other reason in cancer, increase appetite and reduce nausea.

Quote:
these studies are being done by actual Doctors that are not controlled by government funding or pharmaceutical backing...there studies are infact mostly illegal because they do not get the weed from the government. Talk about a controlled substance.
Where is the link of this actual doctors.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
oh yeah it works...have you seen the list of side effects? and the effects of long term use...people become dependent oh this crap.
and have you seen the list of side effects from marijuana?
I posted a link to the side effects pretty long and maybe even longer.

Here you go again, this time please read the links.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/991201ap/2583.html

Old 06-23-2009, 05:42 PM

THC should never be OTC, and should only be by prescription.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness