U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2009, 08:14 PM
 
1,780 posts, read 2,224,469 times
Reputation: 616

Advertisements

So I was talking to my doctor a few months ago and he showed me a list of the medication he could treat me for the four things I see him for.

The list for asthma, lack of sleep, and heartburn, and panic attacks was two pages long with over 200 medications...almost half was for asthma. He said it was like gambling..one medication to treat asthma could have side effects that cause worse side effects that add to my other conditions. He prescribed me six medications that helped my some that helped my current conditions and the rest balanced out what the medications side effects are.

I declined...becasue he said that I would also have to take some OTC drugs to help as well, after it was all said and done I would have to take over 25 pills a day.

Then he told me of one "medicine that could help all of my conditions and would have no other OTC medications needed. It was also going to cost me $600 less a month, I would be paying $750 a month.

want to know what this "medication" is?

Marijuana...thats right...a natural plant would help me in all aspects of my health and cost me thousands of dollars less a year, that is deemed illegal by the government. So, I tried it...guess what?

I am sleeping regulatly, my asthma is non existant, I no longer have heartburn, and my panic attacks are gone. I am now more active in my daily life, and have a proper diet. Foods that are good for me that I could not stand the taste of or that would give me heartburn, I am now able to eat with no problem. I have lost 20 punds and can say that I am living a state of life that I could have only dreamed of only a few months ago. I have found that I am more alert in my daily activities, my grades have gone up and my work habits have taken a turn for the better. I enjoy school and work.


Why? why is such a miracle plant illegal?

FYI: I have my medical card so it is "okay"...lol
Rate this post positively

 
Old 06-23-2009, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,090 posts, read 11,394,110 times
Reputation: 4120
The sounds completely made up, sorry to say. My wife has severe asthma, and she's allergic to everything but the control on the allergy test (which often provokes her asthma to go nuts) and has been admitted several times to the hospital. We have 4 medications for her, including the rescue inhaler and epi pen...not 200, that's way over exaggerated. They cost us, with insurance, $50 every 3 months...I know people who pay less then $750 for interferon and medication for MS combined a month. My wife has tried pot a few times, not only did she not suddenly get better magically she actually started having trouble breathing (worse then cigarettes).

Sorry, I don't think anything about your story is believable. If it works for you to smoke it do it, I'm not against pot (I think it's not that bad) but the reasoning and benefits you claim sound more like propaganda then actual benefits.

Last edited by subsound; 06-23-2009 at 09:45 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-23-2009, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Wethersfield, CT
1,273 posts, read 3,929,447 times
Reputation: 901
Pot makes people slow, lazy and stupid...that's just my opinion.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-23-2009, 12:43 PM
 
1,780 posts, read 2,224,469 times
Reputation: 616
See I dont smoke it...I eat it and use a vaporizor...also my asthma is not allergy based...allergy based asthma is different. My asthma come on when I get heartburn.. when I get heart burn I have asthma attacks...when I have asthma attacks from other causes...I get heartburn. The panic attacks mostly come from not breathing...Inhalers do not work for me...I was using one inhaler a week...not normal. The prescription to "help" this cost $350 a month. I do not have insurance...so a $40 inhaler(twice a month), a prescription for advair $350, Prescription strenght heartburn meds $70, Sleeping pills(prescription strenght) $60, panic attack meds $80, and two meds that help the high blood presure that comes from the heartburn meds and the astham meds cost $50...then I have to take Vitamines (good ones, not centrum) $30, Plus other minerals that my doc wants me to take $40.

If I had insurance..that would help..Most insurance I can find wont cover me becasue of my current conditions...also once they find out that I had blood transfustions as a child...and that cancer runs in my family as does heart disease and other serious conditions...they offer me a plan that is a joke and does nothing for prescriptions.

Im am not saying Marijuana helps everyone..but it does help alot of people I know. Smoking anything is bad for you...but eating it or using a vaporizer has not side effects...also...the meds prescribed by my doctor and even the OTC drugs can kill me if I take one to many or my body rejects them.

Marijuana...you cannot OD from...you would have to smoke your entire body weight in less than 15 minutes...if you can do this...dang.

Eating it...now you have to eat your body weight in THC...Good luck.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 PM
 
1,780 posts, read 2,224,469 times
Reputation: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
Pot makes people slow, lazy and stupid...that's just my opinion.
They have actually proven that wrong...what it does is take the robotic mindset and toss it out the window...Many who use it are in fact lawyers, business men, Judges, producers, actors/actress's, writers, artists.

Slow and lazy...that depends on how much you consume...eating too many burger can do the same thing.

There are some strands that actually give you energy.

it also produces happiness in almost all cases.

Depression meds, can cause suicidal tendencies...Pot does not
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-23-2009, 01:55 PM
 
2,742 posts, read 7,174,001 times
Reputation: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
So I was talking to my doctor a few months ago and he showed me a list of the medication he could treat me for the four things I see him for.

The list for asthma, lack of sleep, and heartburn, and panic attacks was two pages long with over 200 medications...almost half was for asthma. He said it was like gambling..one medication to treat asthma could have side effects that cause worse side effects that add to my other conditions. He prescribed me six medications that helped my some that helped my current conditions and the rest balanced out what the medications side effects are.

I declined...becasue he said that I would also have to take some OTC drugs to help as well, after it was all said and done I would have to take over 25 pills a day.

Then he told me of one "medicine that could help all of my conditions and would have no other OTC medications needed. It was also going to cost me $600 less a month, I would be paying $750 a month.

want to know what this "medication" is?

Marijuana...thats right...a natural plant would help me in all aspects of my health and cost me thousands of dollars less a year, that is deemed illegal by the government. So, I tried it...guess what?

I am sleeping regulatly, my asthma is non existant, I no longer have heartburn, and my panic attacks are gone. I am now more active in my daily life, and have a proper diet. Foods that are good for me that I could not stand the taste of or that would give me heartburn, I am now able to eat with no problem. I have lost 20 punds and can say that I am living a state of life that I could have only dreamed of only a few months ago. I have found that I am more alert in my daily activities, my grades have gone up and my work habits have taken a turn for the better. I enjoy school and work.


Why? why is such a miracle plant illegal?

FYI: I have my medical card so it is "okay"...lol
This is a scam and should be deleted.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,090 posts, read 11,394,110 times
Reputation: 4120
Asthma from GERD is quite a bit different then other types of asthma, one you are talking about just the chronic inflammation response while from GERD you aspirate sulfuric acid into your lungs leading to scarring and the same inflammation. Anything that helps your stomach, such as Axid, Pepcid, or even ginger will alleviate the symptoms in general...and pot has a proven affect on settling GI issues.

I don't like inhaled steroids, they can mask other symptoms and can cause damage as well, but on the other hand pot is also proven to cause brain damage (MRI's of some long term smokers are pretty scary). Probably not a great deal more then abuse of alcohol, but a great deal more damage then steroids. I think if you use either in moderation not much harm will come, but using it as medication (depending on dose) or over indulgence can lead to problems in the long term. No one knows really, largely because the long term studies are only for those who abuse it.

It sounds like you have a number of health problems, not all of which add up to asthma problems...not adding up to 200 medications or $750 by far for just that (my wife has Advair, it's not $350 retail). I also question your insurance choices, both my wife and I on are the same plan...I have high blood pressure issues, family history of heart disease, strokes, Alzheimer, thyroid issues, heart valve problems, vascular issues...same family issues on the wife's side with her severe asthma and allergies. We are covered through our employer's insurance just fine.

It just sounds like pro pot propaganda, sorry. It just sounds too exaggerated.

Last edited by subsound; 06-23-2009 at 02:09 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM
 
1,780 posts, read 2,224,469 times
Reputation: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
This is a scam and should be deleted.
How is this a Scam? I am merely asking why is it still illegal? I gave an example of the good it can and does do.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-23-2009, 02:10 PM
 
1,780 posts, read 2,224,469 times
Reputation: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Asthma from GERD is quite a bit different then other types of asthma, one you are talking about just the chronic inflammation response while from GERD you aspirate sulfuric acid into your lungs leading to scarring and the same inflammation. Anything that helps your stomach, such as Axid, Pepcid, or even ginger will alleviate the symptoms in general...and pot has a proven affect on settling GI issues.

I don't like inhaled steroids, they can mask other symptoms and can cause damage as well, but on the other hand pot is also proven to cause brain damage (MRI's of some long term smokers are pretty scary). Probably not a great deal more then abuse of alcohol, but a great deal more damage then steroids. I think if you use either in moderation not much harm will come, but using it as medication (depending on dose) or over indulgence can lead to problems in the long term. No one knows really, largely because the long term studies are only for those who abuse it.

It sounds like you have a number of health problems, not all of which add up to asthma problems...not adding up to 200 medications or $750 by far for just that (my wife has Advair, it's not $350 retail). I also question your insurance choices, both my wife and I on are the same plan...I have high blood pressure issues, family history of heart disease, strokes, Alzheimer, thyroid issues, heart valve problems, vascular issues...same family issues on the wife's side with her severe asthma and allergies. We are covered through our employer's insurance just fine.

It just sounds like pro pot propaganda, sorry. It just sounds too exaggerated.
I own my own business and do not have the luxury of having an insuarance coverage by an employer...I have to pay out of pocket for it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-23-2009, 02:55 PM
 
2,742 posts, read 7,174,001 times
Reputation: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
How is this a Scam? I am merely asking why is it still illegal? I gave an example of the good it can and does do.
Because of your story, is just ridiculous, I have Pt. with the same complication and even with more and are handle with less medication and certainly not even close to 25 drugs.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top