Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,722,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Pure rubbish...

Not sure why you feel validated....when your eyes are less "tired" try reading some of the links you posted.

As ViralMD points out, no one disputes the existence of C albicans. Its the "pseudoscience" behind the myth of "systemic candida albicans" that is a myth.

The second "search" you did within JAMA does nothing to bolster your argument. The first article that pops up in fact is a commentary from 1986 decrying the baseless assertion of "candida overgrowth" a quick scan of the remaining top 20 does nothing to further your cause either.

Unfortunately it is an "either/or" situation when it comes to the existence of a malady that can't be proven to exist.

pure rubbish?!!!
what exactly is "pure rubbish"?
those are thousands of articles about systemic candida albicans in two of the most prestigious medical journals in the world.

You said :

Its not misleading to state that there is no scientific evidence to support "the theory of systemic candida overgrowth "....

Its the truth...its a myth

DocMod said:
Sorry, but this theory (and that's all it is) has been around forever. There are NO data even supporting its existence.

You both need to be more careful and concise in your posts because it was those remarks that i was responding to.
you both dismissed the existence of systemic candida albicans.

anyway, i'm done ... don't wanna fight.
peaceout
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 02:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
pure rubbish?!!!
what exactly is "pure rubbish"?
those are thousands of articles about systemic candida albicans in two of the most prestigious medical journals in the world.

You said :

Its not misleading to state that there is no scientific evidence to support "the theory of systemic candida overgrowth "....

Its the truth...its a myth

DocMod said:
Sorry, but this theory (and that's all it is) has been around forever. There are NO data even supporting its existence.

You both need to be more careful and concise in your posts because it was those remarks that i was responding to.
you both dismissed the existence of systemic candida albicans.

anyway, i'm done ... don't wanna fight.
peaceout
I was very careful in the choice of my words....if I seemed to be dismissing the existence of "systemic candida albicans" it because I was dismissing it....

At least in the frame of reference of "systemic candida albicans" as it is referred to in the alternative realm.

There is such a thing as "systemic candida albicans"....that is what you are seeing referenced in reputable medical journals. Disseminated invasive candidiasis which can be seen in immunocompromised patients has a mortality rate of 40-50%

Candidiasis: eMedicine Emergency Medicine

"That" is what you will see referenced in JAMA and NEJM.

NOT overgrowth of candida albicans which IS a fairy tale.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 PM

466 posts, read 928,229 times
I follow my OWN rules and never listen to medical people. At 47 I am in perfect health in spite of the medical "profession" of which I USE to test my blood and check my heart every year. Much like when I get an oil change or rotate the tires on my truck.

all of the levels in my blood tests are always right down the middle.

I must be doing something right. EH?

The only thing that makes me angry is that people like you are snide and mean. I really don't care about your opinion of me or my ways of staying healthy but I think that you should be a little nicer and less offensive in your posting. It sounds like you are angry judging by your offensive tone.

I know what I write about on this site. People like you always make jokes but NEVER tell me how I am wrong. It must be because you just don't really know.

It only takes about two weeks to feel the difference after beginning a program of exercise, vitamins and minerals to clear up a systemic yeast infection. No drugs, no doctors and no hospitals............. WAIT ! ! .... No wonder the medical field doesn't believe in it. They can't make money off of it.

By the way......... this is not voodoo or acupunture or ion reversal. This is vitamins and minerals along with a healthy diet and exercise. NOT ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE ! !

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 07-09-2009 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: quoted portion has been deleted

Old 07-08-2009, 05:16 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
It's not ring worm. Almost every year now for the past 6 years, I've gotten some kind of rash on my arms. Small spots that are very itchy. For the first couple of years my regular doctor thought it might be Eczema, but upon going to a dermatologist they diagnosed it as a yeast infection.

My question is that why am I getting this rash every year? Is it something I'm not doing right?
So what treatment did the dermatologist prescribe?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:58 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Quote:
It's not ring worm. Almost every year now for the past 6 years, I've gotten some kind of rash on my arms. Small spots that are very itchy. For the first couple of years my regular doctor thought it might be Eczema, but upon going to a dermatologist they diagnosed it as a yeast infection.

My question is that why am I getting this rash every year? Is it something I'm not doing right?
Try washing with tea-tree or neem bar soap. Every shower use a fresh washcloth to exfoliate the area. Those types of things can get used to treatments when you keep using the same one so rotate what you use and apply whatever twice a day. The humidity and dead skin build up can make it break out. Also use medicated gold bond or tea tree powder after showering to keep it dry and kill the rash. Those will also heal it if it is eczema. If your skin is dry try pure aloe gel or vitamin e instead of lotions that contain waxes.

Keep treating it after the rash is gone for at least a month. But using tea tree or neem soap can usually keep that type of thing away.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,158,957 times
some sort of topical ointment. A co-worker actually gave me a tube of hemp cream from Bath & Body works that has really helped clearing it up. I just thought it was weird i get this every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
So what treatment did the dermatologist prescribe?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:32 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,158,957 times
I'm really starting to get freaked out by this reoccurring fungal infection now!

Old 07-09-2009, 08:40 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
some sort of topical ointment. A co-worker actually gave me a tube of hemp cream from Bath & Body works that has really helped clearing it up. I just thought it was weird i get this every year.
Does it have steroids in Leilani? I've been prescribed a steroidal ointment a few times now and it works for a time and then I don't know, maybe my body works up a resistance to it or something because it usually becomes ineffective.
I know that all the Aussie Diggers in WWII were sent off with ti tree oil in their packs and they used it for a variety of things including athlete's foot which was pretty rife in the jungles of New Guinea at the time. My Grandparents swear by the stuff and my podiatrist uses it now when she's doing my feet. I've not tried the hemp cream as yet but will certainly consider it next time.

Quote:
I'm really starting to get freaked out by this reoccurring fungal infection now!
Don't freak out! There'll be a reason it keeps coming back, you just have to try to narrow down why that is AND change it.

It could be as simple as it always returns in the Summer and it turns out you spend more time at the public swimming pool that time of year. If you think about it you might be able to pinpoint the reason why. A change in habit, change in diet, change in stress level. The acidophilus and cranberry capsules have really helped me.
I also avoid or severely limit some foods which I've found tend to excacerbate the problem, like camembert and brie () and other soft cheeses and blue cheeses, and for some reason champagne. () Talk about take the fun outta life!

Old 07-09-2009, 12:31 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,722,788 times
Quote:
this is a crazy thread.
are you open to alternative treatments even if they sound weird to you?
i suggested the probiotic (friendly bacteria).
turmeric is an excellent anti fungal.
i cleared a nail issue using it a few years ago and cleared something in my intestines that was causing the worst, (pardon me) butt itch, you can imagine.
you don't even have to buy a product.
go to health food store, find bulk section.
get turmeric.
organic preferred.
take 1/2 teaspoon or 1 teaspoon, mix in a little warm water and drink it then brush your teeth to prevent staining.
do it daily.
see what happens.
it may work for you.
it's also an excellent anti-inflammatory.
there are other natural anti-fungal remedies.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,309,774 times
Quote:
Oil of oregano is a great healer of itchy skin and fungal infections.
Used to swear by tea tree oil also, but like oil of oregano even better. Not so drying on the skin, plus you can take it internally .. just a couple of drops a day under the tongue is great for cold and flu .. and fungal prevention.

Works like a hot damn!

After being in the tropics, I return with really itchy skin .. dry and itchy from the sun and wind. The only relief I've found is from rubbing with oil of oregano, .. which made me wonder, that maybe I actually had some kind of fungal infection going on from the sun? The reason I even thought it could be fungal infection of some sort, is from how much better I was after using oil of oregano, which is a serious fungal fighter.

If you're interested in trying it out, visit a health food store. The active ingredient is carvacol, so look to purchase a brand that has the highest .. around 97%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness