U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:24 AM

11 posts, read 46,888 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are trying to have a second child. I'd like to purchase an ovulation predictor test from the drug store but I'm wondering if they are really accurate or if they are a waste of money - any advice? Also, are there any kind of foods or vitamins that may be useful in helping to conceive (i.e. folic acid, milk)?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 08:36 AM

2,838 posts, read 9,351,370 times
Waste of money. They may or may not tell you when you're ovulating, depending on how regular your cycle is. I'd recommend checking out Taking Charge of Your Fertility, by Toni Weschler. (This is the second time that I'm recommending this to someone this morning!) This book helped me to achieve pregnancy both times, as well as avoid pregnancy in between. Good luck!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:28 AM

298 posts, read 939,996 times
I can second that recommendation. You should be taking Folic Acid for 3 months before trying, it doesnt increase chances but can help prevent neural tube defects.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:00 PM

2,517 posts, read 10,263,519 times
I highly recommend a product called pre-seed ! Look it up on amazon and read the reviews for yourself. They have their own website as well. Wife was off the pill for only 2 months and got pregnant. I really do believe many sperm die because of PH imbalances and this stuff takes care of your PH. Good luck and follow up and let us know!

Old 07-14-2009, 02:07 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,713,835 times
Might be a little too..uh..graphic, but one of the most surefire ways to chart ovulation is by the stretchiness of your cervical mucus. Eggwhite consistency+ very stretchy=ovulating.

Never tried to get pregnant, but avoiding that time is what my doctor told me to do when I was on antibiotics and my birth control effectiveness was decreased.

Also, trying all the time decreases his sperm count. Every three days is best.

Good luck!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 PM

15,246 posts, read 24,267,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentina86 View Post
My husband and I are trying to have a second child. I'd like to purchase an ovulation predictor test from the drug store but I'm wondering if they are really accurate or if they are a waste of money - any advice? Also, are there any kind of foods or vitamins that may be useful in helping to conceive (i.e. folic acid, milk)?
Try this site - look at Tracking Ovulation.

I can tell when I am because everything is tender, and I mean everything. My gut also gets very sore. It would be the time I felt least like having sex. lol

Best advice is don't stress.
Make sure that both you and your DH eat right as well.

Good luck.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:04 PM

15,881 posts, read 23,607,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentina86 View Post
I used this to get pregnant with my second. It worked beautifully.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:08 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
Waste of money. They may or may not tell you when you're ovulating, depending on how regular your cycle is. I'd recommend checking out Taking Charge of Your Fertility, by Toni Weschler. (This is the second time that I'm recommending this to someone this morning!) This book helped me to achieve pregnancy both times, as well as avoid pregnancy in between. Good luck!
I would third that recommendation! I purchased this book when we decided to have kids.I had my first child at 40 after only 4 months of trying and my second child at 43 after 5 months of trying.It was very helpful information and worked for me! I also avoided coffee as I recall, maybe after reading somewhere that it can decrease fertility? I'm alittle fuzzy on the specifics of that,but,difinitely get the book.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:26 PM

11 posts, read 46,888 times
Thanks for all the great advice! I'm going to go shop for the book tomorrow and I'm going to consider using the Tracking Ovulation website. My husband and I are both 23. I got pregnant really quickly after we got married and we weren't trying. So, I suppose I was kind of hoping that it would be as easily as it was the first time. Thanks again!

Old 08-21-2009, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,784 times
Thumbs up Fertility?

I would encourage you to use the Novuscor "FertileView" software program it helps you to learn about your fertility through the process of charting your fertility signs. By choosing the fertility goal of acheiving the program help you to pin point ovulation, it is reliable and very cost effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness