Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:04 PM

25 posts, read 31,889 times

Advertisements

i have the worst case of Hemroids you could imagine. this is my 3rd time having them and the previous 2 times i let them go away. it took over a month on the second time of tourture but it went away

this time it hurts so bad i need treament. right now i take stool sofiners bought in Walgrees but im basically pooing out contaminated water and it burns so bad it almost brings me to tears. no lie this is the first time i actually scream and yell and grunt while dumping

i havent take a solid dump in about 5 days. im hurting right now and need some advice on how to cure this problem QUICKLY. today i called into work and cannot even sit down, it hurts so bad ive never felt this before
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,634 times
You need to get yourself to a gastroenterologist so that they can help you. Also, to ease that awful burning, get some Tucks medicated pads. They really help ease that pain. But really, you need to go get help. It's embarrassing (hell, I just had a colonoscopy because of bleeding hemorroids, so I sure know!) but this is just another body part that needs attention. GOod luck!

Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
I've heard that laser surgery will fix the problem!

Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times
Can you envision life without that part of your anatomy? Don't fool around with it, get to a doctor ASAP

Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,740 times
First I'll mention just a few ways these can become apparent...sitting on anything cold eg; concrete, sitting on anything hot eg; again concrete, riding horses, blokes having erections for extended periods of time has been known as a cause also, any situation whereby there is not enough 'support' at/around the immediate area could trigger them. This information came from an old doctor long dead now and I have never forgotten.

I first had these when I was a fairly young bloke and eventually I learnt that if I applied slight pressure to them with a finger and held it for a while, and did this as often as I could throughout the day, the blood would eventually dissipate back into the body, it may take a day or three, I had several bouts of them over a short number of years but I eventually conquered them. I am nudging 60 now and I have not been bothered with them for over 40 years, they are a distant memory now, and that's how I want it to stay <grin>. Ouch, yeah but I still remember them.

I tried heaps of stuff back then, creams, suppositories etc, and found that they were all rubbish, but that was a long time ago, medications would have changed a bit in 40 years I guess. Once you have had them it is always possible to get them back so always try to give adequate support around 'that' area if you don't want a return bout of them. I found that you cannot keep muscle tension around the area also as that will promote them in time, try to keep everything relaxed there if you get my drift.

Bleeding may require suitable medical treatment, but I never allowed mine to get that far. Some people were a little objectionable and critized me of my personal treatment, but I don't get them anymore, that's all I care about, and keeps a smile on my face. The instant I think I'm getting that 'feeling', I am striaght onto it.........just in case, but I've never been bothered by them for years now.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 PM

305 posts, read 1,234,108 times
whitch hazel???

Old 04-23-2009, 05:47 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
Hemmorhoids are caused by many things including weight gain, lack of exercise, and diet. You may need to change your diet and - you'll hate this - add fiber. This means raw vegies, oatmeal, wheat bread - anything that adds bulk to your diet so that you do not strain. You may also need to drink lots of water - LOTS of water, no soda.

For the external issues, the only thing that ever worked for me was buying a thick creamy lotion and putting it in the refrigerator. Apply this at least three times a day - especially at night - slowly (sometimes with a Qtip to get it inside too). The cold constricts the swelling and the lotion softens it, sometimes you can actually push them back in.

You may indeed need to see a gastroenterologist as you may have a problem that is exacerbating this - diverticulosus/diverticulitis - pockets iin the colon that hold food and get infected - or IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome), even Crohn's disease. This is nothing to fool with - Stuff that stays in there and gets infected can kill you, causing sepsis and rot. Fiber helps push everything out, and water helps smooth the way.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:00 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Alone View Post
i have the worst case of Hemroids you could imagine. this is my 3rd time having them and the previous 2 times i let them go away. it took over a month on the second time of tourture but it went away

this time it hurts so bad i need treament. right now i take stool sofiners bought in Walgrees but im basically pooing out contaminated water and it burns so bad it almost brings me to tears. no lie this is the first time i actually scream and yell and grunt while dumping

i havent take a solid dump in about 5 days. im hurting right now and need some advice on how to cure this problem QUICKLY. today i called into work and cannot even sit down, it hurts so bad ive never felt this before

It may be more practical to go to the nearest ER,
instead of fishing around here for an answer...it could be something more serious than you think.
unless of course you know your body, and this is in fact hemorrhoids
even then, it's better to have an accurate diagnosis.
I hope that you are feeling better soon
God Bless
p.s. did you have to go into the gross details of it?? Yuck!!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:54 PM

49 posts, read 420,298 times
they have hemroid creams you can use and get over the counter at any pharmacy it might be embarrasing but it will help

Old 04-26-2009, 01:09 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Hemorrhoids are varicose veins in the rectum. Many things can cause a flare up - straining with a bowel movement, frequent loose stools etc. Treatment:

1.Sitz baths in warm (not hot) water twice a day, Soaking your bottom in a tub will work too.
2. Keep stools softly formed. If they're too loose, take a daily dose of Metamucil or Citrucel. If they are hard, use a gentle OTC laxative such as Miralax (avoid stimulent laxatives) along with a stool softener twice a day. Avoid stool softener combination (ie Softener with laxative).
3. OTC hemorrhoidal creams such as Anusol or suppository.

Caution - if you are having rectal bleeding, seek medical attention immediately. If you have hemorrhoid that is "dark red/purplish" and exquisitely tender, seek medical attention as it may be thrombosed (have a small blood clot inside)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness