Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 01:02 PM

144 posts, read 597,188 times

Advertisements

I found this video of a myomectomy after trying to find pics of myomectomy scar, this is a great video even if you are not at the point of needing a myomectomy the drs give very good explanations of what they are doing and they answer questions emailed to them during the webcast. I have been dealing with fibroids since my early 20s and have looked into laproscopic procedure but at the time my doctors did not want to go to surgery, then I changed drs and had a hysteroscopic myomectomy ( through the vagina) one 1 fibroid, I looked into MRgFUS but by that time my fibroids had grown too large and there were too many. Basically I have been angry and upset that I did not get a laproscopic procedure when I could, BUT after seeing this video I understand why abdominal myomectomy would be my best option. You will see how the dr said on ultrasound she saw 8-9 fibroids I think, but when they actually lifted the uterus up and opened it you will see how she used her hands to feel the uterus and ended up finding many small fibroids. In total I believe she took out about 40 fibroids and this video is great because they show you exactly what goes on.

The video is about 1 hour but that does not include the initial incision on the abdomen (so I did not get to see how big the skin incision is) and it shows how they close the uterus, but they had 2 openings on this patient and the video ends after showing the closure of the front side of the uterus, so no closing of the skin incision.
But great video, and they answer questions on fertility, hysterectomy, all sorts of q's. Hope others find this helpful!

Abdominal myomectomy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness