Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 05:19 PM

350 posts, read 4,158,349 times

Advertisements

I've read a lot about how TB tests contain a lot of nasty things in them. I am very concerned about having this stuff injected into me, even if it is only under the skin. I don't understand the point of getting a TB test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 06:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibblesandbits View Post
I've read a lot about how TB tests contain a lot of nasty things in them. I am very concerned about having this stuff injected into me, even if it is only under the skin. I don't understand the point of getting a TB test.
What "nasty" things have you heard are in a TB test??

As you already noted, the "injection" is intradermal....its only in the skin.

The point of getting a TB test? To see if you have been exposed to TB a disease that is on the rise in some settings, is still difficult to treat and requires multiple drugs for a long time.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:46 PM

Did anyone develop new allergies to things they weren't allergic to before they had the TB test? I am very wary of this test.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:06 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
NO. I've had a lot of them over the years.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:45 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,018,889 times
I just had one last week. My 72 hours were up on Friday, and there was no reaction. Now, I have a red welt where the injection site was. It doesn't itch or anything, but it's a little red, and feels like a hard lump (a little smaller than a dime). Is this normal? Is it possible to have a late effect reaction? I'm trying not to be too paranoid, but it's got me slightly worried.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:09 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Have you ever had side effects from a TB test? I'm talking about other than if you had a positive test.
Read the vaccination thread I started. There are dangerous fillers in all vaccines that interrupt the blood flow to the brain such as ALUMINUM...(and we wonder why dementia and Alzheimer's is such an epidemic). Duh.

I would avoid any future vaccinations if I were you.
There is too much information and proof out there indicating they do more to harm than help and aren't worth the risks you take.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:33 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,902,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Read the vaccination thread I started. There are dangerous fillers in all vaccines that interrupt the blood flow to the brain such as ALUMINUM...(and we wonder why dementia and Alzheimer's is such an epidemic). Duh.

There is too much information and proof out there indicating they do more to harm than help and aren't worth the risks you take.
Its not a vaccination though.

I am happy to have gotten a TB test b/c it led to 9 mos of prophylactic medication instead of getting TB at a later time in my life when my immune system is compromised due to age or other factors.

I'm not saying there aren't additives in the PPD test but for many people its a worthwhile test to take.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:

I completely agree with you. I did not want to take this test, but it was an absolute requirement for my job that I could not get out of. I guess my other option was to get a chest x-ray but I did not want the radiation exposure, so I got the TB test. I regret getting the TB test but I there was nothing I could do, I need this job, and they would not let me get out of it unfortunately.

I feel I did get a side effect from the TB test--my nose got very stuffy that afternoon/evening and the next day, and I felt like I had a post nasal drip and that my throat felt like the mucosa was inflamed. I never have these kinds of symptoms so I blame them directly on the TB test.

I have been worrying about the health effects I will get from this test.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:

First off.....it isn't even a vaccination

Secondly, there is NO information out "there" indicating vaccines do more harm than good....quite the opposite in fact...

Thirdly, fillers??? What are you talking about, vaccines don't contain "fillers" duh...

Old 09-01-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I completely agree with you. I did not want to take this test, but it was an absolute requirement for my job that I could not get out of. I guess my other option was to get a chest x-ray but I did not want the radiation exposure, so I got the TB test. I regret getting the TB test but I there was nothing I could do, I need this job, and they would not let me get out of it unfortunately.

I feel I did get a side effect from the TB test--my nose got very stuffy that afternoon/evening and the next day, and I felt like I had a post nasal drip and that my throat felt like the mucosa was inflamed. I never have these kinds of symptoms so I blame them directly on the TB test.

I have been worrying about the health effects I will get from this test.
There are NO systemic side effects from a ppd test...

Its intradermal...

You didn't get post nasal drip from it, you aren't going to get cancer from it and you won't get alzheimers' from it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness