Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 6,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
In the last several weeks, I've often experienced a "hot flash" in my left leg that lasts anywhere from a few seconds to at most a half minute, which then goes away. It feels like warm 110-degree water being poured on my lower leg, between the ankle and the knee. One doc I asked about it said "it's probably nothing to worry about". Well, is it? Anybody else experience this? Maybe it's just normal to the aging process?...(I'm in early 60's)

Bud
Hello Bud, I'm a 30yr old woman and I have just started experiencing the same exact thing your talking about. I'm happy to know I'm not alone, but at the same time I'm curious to know what is causing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 05:57 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
It's normal enough for women to get hot flashes because of hormone fluctuations, but I haven't heard of that in men, other than from diabetes.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SookieStackhouse View Post
I had a burning sensation in my legs back earlier in the summer.... I googled around and the results were outright frightening what I found....something like diabetic neuropathy is what came up the most. I of course freaked out because I thought oh no I must have diabetes and its so bad that I have neuropathy. I am not diabetic, im just the opposite, but I google stuff then just work myself into an absolute frenzy.

There is also something like peripieral artery disease I worry about....saw a TV commercial about it.

Mine was apparantly caused because I just started an exercise program. I walked on the treadmill for like 20 minutes for the first time in a few years and it was just from using muscles I had been too lazy to exercise, it seemed to work itself out in a few days. I have the bad habit of google then panic.

I would say at your age, you shouldn't take something like this lightly. Hopefully it IS nothing.
as our granddaughter, who is a nurse practitioner would say and so would our PC doctor, too many of us spend too much time on the net checking out what could be wrong. The net is way to general.. Paying attention to commercials is the worst!!!

Old 08-29-2013, 05:51 AM

863 posts, read 1,195,800 times
I've had a similar problem in my right thigh for the past 3 years. It usually happens after I've been walking or standing for extended periods of time. A severe burning sensation, almost as if I've put a lighter that's still alight in my pocket. I've written it off to disc problems and I'm guessing that might have been the case - I've recently developed sciatica in almost the same area. Nerve pain can produce some pretty odd sensations.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 5,828 times
Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
In the last several weeks, I've often experienced a "hot flash" in my left leg that lasts anywhere from a few seconds to at most a half minute, which then goes away. It feels like warm 110-degree water being poured on my lower leg, between the ankle and the knee. One doc I asked about it said "it's probably nothing to worry about". Well, is it? Anybody else experience this? Maybe it's just normal to the aging process?...(I'm in early 60's)

Bud
I'm 43 and I just started to have the same sensation on the outside of my right calf. It does feel like warm water has been poured over my leg. Freaky feeling really.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:58 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marked13 View Post
I'm 43 and I just started to have the same sensation on the outside of my right calf. It does feel like warm water has been poured over my leg. Freaky feeling really.
I'd see a neurologist.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:43 AM

1 posts, read 4,929 times
Do you answer questions?

Old 06-22-2016, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,190 times
I started having a "hot flash" on my right shin between my calf and knee that last a fraction of a second Around April 2. It also feels like warm water on my shin. I now have of the quick sensations a day. Does anybody know what causes this?

Old 07-06-2016, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 4,135 times
Oh wow.. I'm 29 going on 30. Just started to experience these hot flashes on my right calf. I haven't been vary active since getting out of the Army 2 Years ago, I was a grunt and stayed in vary good shape up untill I got out. ge. Just went to a Platoon reunion and me and the boys played. Boating and volleyball in a sand bar, among other things. So maybe I'm thinking a circulation proplem. But diabetes runs on my dads and moms family. And I believe I already have a glucose problem, not sure actually, I really don't wanna go to the VA. But I had a few episode of my lips getting numb, also I get very dissy, and loopy. . But the minute I ate something I felt better. This started for me in Afghanistan, coming back from a night patrol, I though maybe I was getting mission sickness from the night vision. But it was towards the end of my deployment, so thought maybe it's not that. This would happened towards the end of a 4 hour patrol on foot.

Last edited by Mazaw19; 07-06-2016 at 09:29 AM..

Old 08-18-2016, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,045 times
For months now my mom , She has often experienced a "hot flash" in her right leg that lasts anywhere from a few seconds to at most a half minute, which then goes away. It feels like warm 110-degree water being poured on her lower leg, between the ankle and the knee and right part of her body .(She's in her early 60's) Please is there anyone that can suggest what to do because she has tried all kind of medications and seen doctors and no improvement. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness