Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,214,070 times

Advertisements

I think if it was really good for you that it would not make you look like crap. Every pothead I know has dull yellow skin, usually dry (even despite a good diet, not junkfood junkies), dark circles, coarse hair that feels really dry.

The "fact" that it kills brain cells came from a study where they hooked up monkeys to smoke so dense that they did not have proper oxygen. The lack of oxygen killed the brain cells.

I think its just another thing that man's green abuses and comes up with creative excuses to do so.
I really do not think people are meant to smoke it at all. I think if you were to naturally consume it, it would be plucked just like fruit or nuts and eaten that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 09:15 AM

7,084 posts, read 12,034,407 times
Heavy pot smoking is linked to cancer and causes neuron death. Seeing an MRI of a brain of a human heavy user is terrifying. Just as bad as seeing other parts of the body pickled by heavy alcohol use or smoked to oblivion.

I'm not against responsible use of it, but I am against pro propaganda lies about anything. I don't care if people snorted cyanide as long as they don't go crying "But I didn't know!" and accepted the consequences of their actions.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:23 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,214,070 times
I do wonder how much of that is from pesticide use and the poor choice of growing methods,gas generators leaking all over the soil it grows in etc.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:44 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,694,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
dull yellow skin, usually dry, dark circles, coarse hair that feels really dry.
Pitt, don't spend so much time looking at photos from Wing Bowl 17!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I think its just another thing that man's green abuses and comes up with creative excuses to do so.
You stay away from pot, Pitt, I don't think you need it!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,032 times
um.... so, swim smokes pot, love pot, believes pot could save the world... not saying pot is an answer to cancer, but man oh man... i know people who seriously would not survive if it weren't for thc... well i guess they would, but their life would be spent on something like codeine or vicodin, which are both way more harmful and addictive (even though they are legal and prescribed) and would greatly decrease their quality of life. they only way they can to eat or move or feel well at all is to smoke pot.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:09 AM

220 posts, read 1,027,348 times
How many deaths are caused by pot vs. alcohol? Maybe they legalized the wrong drug last century.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:15 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,531,736 times
The long term users I know have real short term memory problems and I fear future dementia given the pattern.

I agree that it should be decriminilized and I would like to see it controlled and taxed - in part to protect folks from the extreme varieties and also to separate it from the criminal activity.

Wikipedia is pretty good but you do have to take into account that it is editied by anybody who wants to.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:17 PM

345 posts, read 1,639,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_1000 View Post
How many deaths are caused by pot vs. alcohol? Maybe they legalized the wrong drug last century.

Pot was made illegal right after prohibition was abolished. The govt. needed to find something for all those "Tax collectors" to do.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:27 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,677,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
The long term users I know have real short term memory problems and I fear future dementia given the pattern.

I agree that it should be decriminilized and I would like to see it controlled and taxed - in part to protect folks from the extreme varieties and also to separate it from the criminal activity.

Wikipedia is pretty good but you do have to take into account that it is editied by anybody who wants to.
I very much agree with this. Pot doesn't work for me as I am no fan of drug use and especially one that makes me fat and stupid....my body wants to go there on easy enough

Old 10-13-2010, 10:34 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,719,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Actually it is carcinogenic and kills brain cells.

Of the people I've seen on the stuff they have radical mood changes, memory loss, breathing problems, etc.
I dunno... Superantioxidative properties could explain that whole "Willie Nelson" thing.

But we should definitely give Wikipedia its long-overdue credence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFBDn5PiL00
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness