Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:09 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,136 times

Advertisements

This is my first, and a big surprise. I had typical PMS symptoms, the cramps, moodiness, water weight gain--- but did not get my period. Even though I had not been keeping track of my cycle, I pretty much knew then. I just "felt" it, even before the EPT. No morning sickness, but I do have some nausea in the evenings; and, a very heightened sense of smell, to the point of discomfort. What else... I have had headaches on and off, and am extremely thirsty all of the time. I am also very tired, and seem to need more sleep than usual to feel rested. I am still in first trimester, so am not showing beyond the premenstrual-like bloating. As I'm only about 8 weeks, I have a feeling I should not rule anything out just yet, & will be discovering new cravings & such along the way... but I have craved fresh fruit & yogurt more lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 09:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
This is my first, and a big surprise. I had typical PMS symptoms, the cramps, moodiness, water weight gain--- but did not get my period. Even though I had not been keeping track of my cycle, I pretty much knew then. I just "felt" it, even before the EPT. No morning sickness, but I do have some nausea in the evenings; and, a very heightened sense of smell, to the point of discomfort. What else... I have had headaches on and off, and am extremely thirsty all of the time. I am still in first trimester, so am not showing beyond the premenstrual-like bloating. As I'm only about 8 weeks, I have a feeling I should not rule anything out just yet, & will be discovering new cravings & such along the way... but I have craved fresh fruit & yogurt more lately.
I was basically the same way..I knew i was pregnant because I am very regular. And I had cravings for salty foods. I lost alot weight in the beginning because my child was eating what little food I was eating. I had a bit of the dizzy ness...only threw up once or twice...once my hormones changed over I was fine.. It just got harder to get up and down when I got bigger. And in my 8th and 9th month was a bit of a pain I held alot of water. My feet were boats..and when I finially had my baby afterwards I just peed and peed and peed. lmao

Old 11-07-2009, 09:20 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times
exhaustion and what I like to refer to as my "bionic pregnancy nose"

Old 11-08-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I was basically the same way..I knew i was pregnant because I am very regular. And I had cravings for salty foods. I lost alot weight in the beginning because my child was eating what little food I was eating. I had a bit of the dizziness...only threw up once or twice...once my hormones changed over I was fine.. It just got harder to get up and down when I got bigger. And in my 8th and 9th month was a bit of a pain I held a lot of water. My feet were boats..and when I finally had my baby afterwards I just peed and peed and peed. lmao
I feel like I've been popping diuretics, I go so much! It's getting to be routine to pull over at a fast food place or otherwise to use their facilities, LOL... and I'm only in first trimester. I have not thrown up, although I have felt very much like I had to once or twice in the evenings (that seems to be when I tend to have nausea). I have a very strong physical & mental aversion to vomiting so I do almost anything to avoid it... for now, at least.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
exhaustion and what I like to refer to as my "bionic pregnancy nose"
Exhaustion, absolutely... my body wants to go to bed earlier and wake up later, with a nap in between. And my sense of smell is so fine-tuned and and finicky that I can't do much more in the way of fragrance than scented body lotion, which is very unusual for me. I hope that's temporary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness