Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 7,643 times

Advertisements

I stopped taking my birth control last month because we want to have a baby and I havent gotten my period and am not pregnant. What is going on? Does anyone know if its harder to get pregnant after taking birth control pills? Or if I have to wait for my periods to be regular again to start ovulating correctly? How long will it take for me to get pregnant? Anyone with any helpful information or suggestions would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 02:30 PM

422 posts, read 2,005,183 times
Everybody is different. but here is what I did everytime....

exactly 12 days after the first day of your period, have sex for 5 days straight. Just lie there--you don't need to have an orgasm, just get him off as much as possible. Morning, noon, night or whenever you can. Do not miss any day. Your man will love it!! Don't douche!! you will smell like a fish market for a week. but it worked for me every time.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:51 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,965 times
Smile pregnancy question

Quote:
Originally Posted by eahayes View Post
I stopped taking my birth control last month because we want to have a baby and I havent gotten my period and am not pregnant. What is going on? Does anyone know if its harder to get pregnant after taking birth control pills? Or if I have to wait for my periods to be regular again to start ovulating correctly? How long will it take for me to get pregnant? Anyone with any helpful information or suggestions would be great.
OK, I do not want to start getting caught up in this "thread" stuff, but I just had to respond to your question (since the only reply I could access seemed a little "less than helpful".) My first suggestion to you is to see a gynocologist. This is not exactly the place to resolve such sensitive health issues. But if for some reason that is not an option, please be careful of what "outside" information you receive. In response to your direct questions, YES, it is very possible that after being on the pill, it will take some time for your periods to become regular. (And as a 42 year old mother of five, I must ask, What is a "regular" period anyway?) There are no correct answers to "how long it will take"? Each couple has a different make up. Getting pregnant depends on so many factors, your menstrual cycle is only one of them. There are many products over the counter these days to help you figure out when you are ovulating. Perhaps you could try one of these. If it has only been one month...CHILL...Some people try for years before getting pregnant. Again, my best advice is to see a doctor immediately. You need professional guidance and support. Good luck and God Bless.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:02 PM

sure you can go the doctor route, but as a 36year old mother of 5 (including 3 year old twins-conceived naturally). My method worked for every time!!! One time, it worked a little-two-well.

good luck. If it is meant to be it will happen.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:34 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,312 times
Depending on how long you've been on oral contraceptives, it can take up to a year for you estrogen and progesterone levels to return to normal after discontinuing the pill. You can help this process along by raising your testosterone levels. This will "cancel out" the high levels of estrogen and progesterone leaving you more fertile. Eat foods that are high in zinc and exercise daily.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:42 PM

When I got pregnant with my first child. I was on the pill, but I had kept skipping a day or two, then taking it, then forgot one day, bleeded a little bit, took the pill, forgot...and then ---PREGNANT--oops. But then there after I did I planned the rest. Soo me being me--my advice is maybe stick to the pill but mess it up for a month and see what happens. OR have a lot of sex -12 days after your first day of your period.

BUT EVERY WOMAN IS DIFFERENT!!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:42 PM

788 posts, read 4,067,619 times
My gyno told me 1-3 months for the pill to get out of your system; however, I am sure it varies per woman--some may take a little longer.

This might help--try the one week detox diet from the book Fat Flush--it flushes you out fast. That might help get the pill out a bit faster.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:01 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,450,420 times
Yes, yes, yes, it is harder to get pregnant after taking birth control. After getting off the pill, it took my cousins FOUR YEARS of trying. Now, everyone is different, of course! My cousin used the book Taking Charge of Your Own Fertility, and she got pregnant the first month she used their method.

In my experience, the pill messes with your cycle, so give it time before your body regulates itself. If you go to a health food store, there is a lot you can take to help with regularity. If you skip a couple periods, I would go to the doctor and have your hormone levels checked.

I'm sure that things will even out for you in time.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:01 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,086,761 times
I have always heard you should wait a few months after going off the pill to try to get pregnant, so your cycle gets back on track.
My suggestion is to just relax for now and have fun with your husband. It'll happen when it's meant to happen.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:15 PM

17 posts, read 130,741 times
It will take some time for your hormones to get back to where they should be.
Even though everyone is different it may take up to 4 years to become pregnant. Do not stress about it because if you do it can be even harder to become pregnant. If you take it a day at a time and just carry on with your sex life as normal and try not to let the thought of babies enter your mind, you may become pregnant sooner. I know a couple of women ( myself included) who really tried hard to have a baby, when they gave up sweating it they ended up pregnant. I finaly decided to take advice and a few months later learned I was pregnant. I really do think that stressing to get pregnant somehow hinders your fertility.
Good Luck to you! I hope you get what you want soon. <3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness