Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 03:55 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times

Advertisements

I am 57, my brother is 55. We are both healthy. Both of our parents smoked. My mother smoked while she was pregnant. We were not born prematurely or underweight. Perfectly healthy babies.

We were not breastfed either. WHY are we even ALIVE?

We were healthy children. No allergies, no asthma, no ear aches, no learning disabilities, unlike so many of the children born today of nonsmokers.

We got the measles, mumps, chicken pox and the occasional cold.....no big deal.

So, tell me, just why are the children born nowadays so sickly?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:50 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,429,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Don't be mislead. The "science" on the dangers of second-hand smoke is junk, deliberately crafted to further an agenda.

Second hand smoke isn't as harmful as the exhaust fumes pouring in the car window, so what's the big deal about smoking in cars? Would it be better to roll down the window and give the kids some "fresh" air?
LOL-my husband (a non smoker) was completely disbelieving last week when a work colleague was complaining that he was stopped at traffic signals and people were standing outside a bar on the sidewalk smoking
He drives a 4.5 litre convertable

Old 03-04-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am 57, my brother is 55. We are both healthy. Both of our parents smoked. My mother smoked while she was pregnant. We were not born prematurely or underweight. Perfectly healthy babies.

We were not breastfed either. WHY are we even ALIVE?

We were healthy children. No allergies, no asthma, no ear aches, no learning disabilities, unlike so many of the children born today of nonsmokers.

We got the measles, mumps, chicken pox and the occasional cold.....no big deal.

So, tell me, just why are the children born nowadays so sickly?
The cr-- they put in processed food, spray crops with and feed to animals????

Old 03-04-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
The difference that I see is that I won't NEED to eat dozens of Big Macs a day to get my "fix". If they impose a "fat" tax that is fine with me! I'll pay my tax on a ~$8 Big Mac. Fine. It will help pay for ObamaCare. I only eat fast food once a week or so... That's the difference.

Oh and you can sit next to me and watch me get fat and clog my arteries off of it, and it won't affect your health one bit.

Aaah- so you won't QUIT eating your Big Mac when they super tax it?

Don't understand why anyone eats fast food anyway.

And BTW what size engine does your vehicle have?
Is it a Petrol or diesel engine?

Old 03-04-2011, 10:43 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
The cr-- they put in processed food, spray crops with and feed to animals????
That may well be why so many of today's children are sickly..........one thing is for sure though........IT IS NOT SHS, is it?

Old 05-02-2011, 12:01 PM
ttz ttz started this thread

677 posts, read 1,666,310 times
Quote:
LOL-my husband (a non smoker) was completely disbelieving last week when a work colleague was complaining that he was stopped at traffic signals and people were standing outside a bar on the sidewalk smoking
He drives a 4.5 litre convertable
Well for one thing. that vehicle serves an acutal purpose. It takes the occupants from point A to point B. What purpose does a cigarette do? Nothing, other than feed the addicts craving and line the pockets of the rich. If you have a problem with gas engines more than cigs, you really have your priorities backwards. Yes we can all hope there will come a day soon that all cars are emissions free, but for now they are here and we need them-more than we need tobacco.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:06 PM
ttz ttz started this thread

677 posts, read 1,666,310 times
Quote:
Aaah- so you won't QUIT eating your Big Mac when they super tax it?

Don't understand why anyone eats fast food anyway.

And BTW what size engine does your vehicle have?
Is it a Petrol or diesel engine?
The point is if I WANT to enjoy fast food. I can, without the need to do it dozens of times a day. It truely is my choice unlike Tobacco. With Tobacco you have NO CHOICE. You have to use it, as you are heavily addicted to it. You cannot get addicted to food like you can Tobacco. In fact it is my opinion that food is not chemically addictive at all. Some say it is, but even if it is, it's no where near the levels of drugs like Nicotine and Heroine (yes both in the same class)

And my vehicle serves a purpose. It's not my failt that emisisons free vehicles are not readily available and affordable today. When that times comes believe you me, I will be driving a green car. But with that said, I sleep well at night knowing that I am poluting the air with combustion fumes from my car and not cigarette fumes 20-60 times a day, from my pathetic addiction 365 days a year, rain or shine!

Old 05-02-2011, 12:17 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Illegal and legal drug use, interbreeding - seriously, we moved to this town and everyone thinks it is funny that "we are all related" - not funny, food has no nutritional value, drinking water contaminated, stress in every day life, the air, the atmosphere. Basically, the people, land, air, water are all toxic.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:07 PM

117 posts, read 106,509 times
Yes it's selfish and disgusting. These people should have their heads examined.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:19 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
This is not an anti-smoking thread. This is an anti-secondhand smoking thread.

And again the smokers decided to disregard the fact that this thread is about CHILDREN. They are so preoccupied defending their rights to pollute the environment that they don't even think for a second that OP is right. Smoking with children in the car is harmful for their bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness