Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 05:20 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,790,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I like when a man trims his armpits hair, but I don't like bold armpits on a man.
Nah, I just cut it back like a shaved head, there is still hair there and then I let it regrow for about 6 weeks and do it again so it stays short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 05:49 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,331,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Nah, I just cut it back like a shaved head, there is still hair there and then I let it regrow for about 6 weeks and do it again so it stays short.
grooming is always good.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:01 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,901,290 times
I use an electric razor (like a men's beard trimmer) to do mine. Otherwise I nick myself and it isn't pretty.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:42 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,692,392 times
Quote:
Yeah if they dont want overgrown bushes coming out of their armpits. First of all large amounts of hair anywhere but the head are gross on anyone, male or female. Second of all, any man who lifts weights often or bodybuilds usually won't have hair anywhere on their body at all. Its not only helpful, it looks better.
It's subjective.
I don't find body hair gross and i would never want to be with a man who was so vain and, more importantly, so uncomfortable with his naturalness that he actually feels the need to shave his arm pit hair.
I feel the same way about female body hair actually but the pressure for a woman to be that fairer sex and conform to socially acceptable standards of beauty cannot be denied and it's asking too much for women to "get over it".
And i find Brazilian waxing quite disturbing actually.
Why do women (and men) want a grown female looking like a pre-pubescent girl?!!!

Old 10-18-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
It's subjective.
I don't find body hair gross and i would never want to be with a man who was so vain and, more importantly, so uncomfortable with his naturalness that he actually feels the need to shave his arm pit hair.
I feel the same way about female body hair actually but the pressure for a woman to be that fairer sex and conform to socially acceptable standards of beauty cannot be denied and it's asking too much for women to "get over it".
Why do women (and men) want a grown female looking like a pre-pubescent girl?!!!
For a lot of guys its a matter of function, not vanity. The hair gets so long it gets caught in stuff, it also attracts odor, it allows sweat to just bathe in your clothing, and lastly I frequently walk around in wife beaters and the last thing I want is large clumps of hair sticking out of my arms. Its not a matter of vanity, its just plain unsightly and more comfortable for me to remove most of it. If you want a hairy man more power to you but I find that gross on my own body.

As for women looking prepubescent, I don't think all guys really demand that women remove all hair down there, I think maybe its just easier than trimming and making it look nice. Personally, I like some hair down there on a woman but I want it short, neat, and not in the way of anything if you catch my drift.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:04 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,692,392 times
Quote:
For a lot of guys its a matter of function, not vanity. The hair gets so long it gets caught in stuff, it also attracts odor, it allows sweat to just bathe in your clothing, and lastly I frequently walk around in wife beaters and the last thing I want is large clumps of hair sticking out of my arms. Its not a matter of vanity, its just plain unsightly and more comfortable for me to remove most of it. If you want a hairy man more power to you but I find that gross on my own body.

As for women looking prepubescent, I don't think all guys really demand that women remove all hair down there, I think maybe its just easier than trimming and making it look nice. Personally, I like some hair down there on a woman but I want it short, neat, and not in the way of anything if you catch my drift.
O.K. ... i hear you.
That makes sense ... sounds functional ... and a bit vain which is cool.
I'm vain as well.
I just don't mind body hair.
And btw, what is a wife beater shirt? yikes.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
O.K. ... i hear you.
That makes sense ... sounds functional ... and a bit vain which is cool.
I'm vain as well.
I just don't mind body hair.
And btw, what is a wife beater shirt? yikes.
It may be somewhat vain, but thats not the primary purpose. I work out like every other day and its more about function. I used to also shave my chest hair but that was because its easier to see where I need to work on my pec muscles...I stopped that when I realized I didn't have much chest hair to begin with.

A wife beater is slang for a tank top...a sleeveless t-shirt I guess. It lets me see my back, shoulders, and my entire arms when I go to the gym. That allows me to see if I am doing the exercises's correctly by what parts of my muscle are flexing. It also is great to get a nice visual aid when you work out because it provides motivation. You can see what is improving as you're doing it, hence giving you energy to keep at it.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:27 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,331,323 times
Quote:
It's subjective.
I think it has to do a lot with our culture. Japanese women don't bother with it so much as for example American women. A lot of men say that it gets on the way when they are downthere basically. Gets in their mouth. I see their point. It doesn't have to be all completely bald though, but just certain areas, if you know what I mean.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:41 PM

691 posts, read 2,321,759 times
My daughter is addicted to waxing. She wants a gift certificate to Uni K. Wax for every holiday. age 19, she has a bikini wax, facial wax, eye brow wax, legs waxed, arms waxed, stomach waxed. All of her friends are the same way.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:56 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,223,481 times
If you have sensitive skin by all means, never use nair ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness