Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 09:32 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,792,829 times

Advertisements

Common sense really. The human body was not designed to be supplemented with several vaccines each year. What happens to the people who don't get flu vaccines each year? Contrary to what the FDA or CDC or WHO will tell you, they do not all die or get terribly sick. I haven't had a flu shot since I got out of the Air Force in 2004 and guess what, I never got horribly sick once in the last five years. After the anthrax and small pox vaccinations I'm sold for life on never getting any vaccination ever again. Thanks Air Force for treating me like a guinea pig!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 05:22 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,970,610 times
This flu shot didn't work.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:59 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,183,908 times
Quote:
The information in insert that I've posted several times that you are referring to, keeps getting conveniently removed citing copyright violation. But, it nevertheless states that the mechanisms conferring protection after the administration of the vaccine is not fully understood. But it also states that "likewise, naturally acquired immunity from wild type influenza infection has not been completely elucidated". This declaration by a flu vaccine manufacturer admits that the mechanisms involved in EITHER naturally acquired immunity OR vaccine induced immunity to influenza is either still being debated, or not fully understood.
In other words, as you so frequently point out, NO industry data should ever be trusted, certainly not a package insert.....unless of course it somehow supports your position...

Got it

Quote:
Sorry to inform you that the flat earth theory was disproved a while back. And the basic science of immunology is about as old as the flat earthers too. Not much has changed from then until now, and there is no scientifically sound, unbiased proof that ANY vaccine has ever eradicated a single disease. In the case of influenza, vaccines may in fact assist in speeding up the virus's already well adapted ability to mutate, rendering the vaccine useless to anyone, including those that may have acquired some degree of natural immunity. Though there is plenty of evidence to suggest that it's been one of the best ways to create greater epidemics, and mass death.
1. Ridiculous. There is a boatload of evidence showing the efficacy of vaccines in general. Nope, vaccines have never eradicated a single disease...

Every single day I see patients with polio, measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, tetanus, Hib, etc...

Oh, wait a minute, no...actually I DON'T see any patients with any of those...( course a few like pertussis ARE making a comeback, probably has NOTHING to do with more "educated" parents refusing vaccines though)

2. Show any evidence that flu vaccines have ANY influence on virus mutation....any at all.

3. If there is plenty of evidence that flu vaccines create greater epidemics and mass death....surely you will have no problem citing even ONE reference to this supposed fact....come on....just one

Quote:
Every instance throughout the entire history of immunology shows wider spread and greater death tolls in the areas where mandatory vaccination programs were established, while the reverse was true regarding the unvaccinated populations. That vaccination programs even exist at all in this modern age is a testament to the dreadful state of education, and the lack of ethics within the industry.
Once again, even a SHRED of evidence to support this ridiculous fabricated assertion would be appreciated.....no one around here will be holding their breath I wager.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:23 AM

805 posts, read 1,506,406 times
Look, people believe what they want to believe. They decline information if it doesn't suit them, and seek information that does. That's just human nature for you.

For me, I don't get vaccinated. I don't do well with medicines in general as I am susceptible to major side effects. I'm doing what is best for my body. Perhaps I'm taking a risk, but it's a known risk. A vaccine poses unknown risks to me.

It's a personal decision for everyone. If stories about vaccine risks don't scare you, or how about Gardisil deaths, then don't worry about it. There's enough problems going on and don't burden yourself with additional worries. Any messenger of info regarding dangers of vaccines is just a messenger. If you want to be upset, be upset at health care premiums going up. Information is information. It's here to serve you, or not. Discard it if you wish, at your own...risk.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:51 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,247,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Look, people believe what they want to believe. They decline information if it doesn't suit them, and seek information that does. That's just human nature for you.

For me, I don't get vaccinated. I don't do well with medicines in general as I am susceptible to major side effects. I'm doing what is best for my body. Perhaps I'm taking a risk, but it's a known risk. A vaccine poses unknown risks to me.

It's a personal decision for everyone. If stories about vaccine risks don't scare you, or how about Gardisil deaths, then don't worry about it. There's enough problems going on and don't burden yourself with additional worries. Any messenger of info regarding dangers of vaccines is just a messenger. If you want to be upset, be upset at health care premiums going up. Information is information. It's here to serve you, or not. Discard it if you wish, at your own...risk.

very good post

Old 10-24-2009, 06:55 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,910,103 times
That video of the poor woman is so sad.

Well, for much of my adult life I have been getting flu shots. I work with little kids and always felt that health-wise, it was a step in the right direction.

However, I realize that a flu shot is not a magical cloaking device which saves you from all possible flu strains.
About 20 years ago, I got a flu shot like I usually did, and a couple months later I got the worst case of flu ever. Never, before or since, have I felt that sick from the flu. The only thing I can compare it to is the time I got pneumonia.

As for the safety of vaccines, you weigh the information and do with it what you will.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:46 AM

805 posts, read 1,506,406 times
What is even sadder is Gardisil, the anti-HPV vaccine for girls.

At any rate, all vaccines and all drugs have side effects. Those side effects affect some people, not all. It is up to each one of us to KNOW OUR BODIES well enough to make calculated decisions of what to allow in them. Sometimes we get to know our bodies the hard way, like myself. But I'm still alive, and I know what not to do.

Some people have tough bodies that can handle poison (ok, I'm exaggerating), and can handle all kinds of chemicals. That's fine. Not all of us are like that.

Whether you're for or against, we all have fears. Either we fear the vaccine's side effects, or we fear the swine flu itself. Which ever is the greater fear, decides for us.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:56 AM

9,241 posts, read 14,791,278 times
I wonder if people would be having anti vaccine discussions if smallpox or polio broke out again.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:17 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,130,482 times
Default Mass H1N1 Clinics today in Salt Lake City

What are your opinions on getting this vaccine, especially for children? Are you getting it?

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-24-2009 at 12:36 PM..

Old 10-24-2009, 10:53 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,183,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I wonder if people would be having anti vaccine discussions if smallpox or polio broke out again.
You have hit on a point that often goes overlooked...

Vaccines are a victim of their own success.

The vocal minority who are anti vaccine tend to stand out on message boards like this....in truth, I think we all know the answer to your question above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness