Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 09:04 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,485,642 times

Advertisements

Anybody care to guess who's feeding the panic over swine flu?

Naawww...it couldn't be the manufacturer's of the vaccine....could it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 12:54 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,494,439 times
Well if everyone just keeps carrying on about the deaths, vaccines etc instead of asking who? when? where? why? and on who's authority? these little nasties are gestated and then let loose, and then make them accountable,Mod cut: TOS violationt while corporations, governments and their cohorts have their way with ya, until then they will just continue to think up more ways to exterminate populations in their dingy little laboratories...like the good little mad scientists they are.

Last edited by Viralmd; 11-01-2009 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: Not appropriate for a PG-13 site.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:10 AM

32,834 posts, read 36,124,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Maybe I'm alone but I don't get why the TV media is sensationalizing missing children (not that I am not sympathetic; I am, I think that is a horrible thing for parents to go thru), all the while there have been all these deaths of faceless children from swine flu and the reaction is not outrage but reported matter-of-factly by the media.

There are more children and young people dying of swine flu than kidnappings. Is it reasonable to think the swine flu is much more of a danger and priority to report?

I feel so bad for the parents who are losing their children who are happy and healthy one day, and dead the next.

BTW, the L.A. Times states that the CDC reported "That brings the total to 114 children deaths since the pandemic's start, compared with 40 to 50 in a normal flu season."
"The U.S. Department of Justice reports

* 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day."

Statistics

Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,706,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Anybody care to guess who's feeding the panic over swine flu?

Naawww...it couldn't be the manufacturer's of the vaccine....could it?
Yep.
And mainstream media has been bought and duped.
They are no longer doing their job ... they are owned.
That the public gets their info from them is, at this point, tragic and downright scary.
Newspapers are just about done ... gone!!!, mainstream media coming over the airwaves has been corrupted and reliable sources of hard won information provided by men and women of integrity who know what it is and what it takes to be a truly good reporter are very, very few and far between and most (the huge majority) folks aren't aware enough and/or motivated enough to seek them out.
Do you realize that without that kind of good, old fashioned journalism and reporting (without the hard truth) how vulnerable Americans are?
And do you know who benefits (and who will continue to benefit to greater degrees) by an ignorant and almost illiterate population (it's getting worse) who believe the garbage they're being fed and don't have sufficient powers of discernment and discrimination to even realize what's going on?
So outrage ... yeah O.P. ... be outraged but be outraged because you know the truth not 'cause you've been fueled by lies and distortions.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 11-01-2009 at 10:32 AM..

Old 11-01-2009, 01:39 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,146,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
Well if everyone just keeps carrying on about the deaths, vaccines etc instead of asking who? when? where? why? and on who's authority? these little nasties are gestated and then let loose, and then make them accountable,Mod cut: TOS violationt while corporations, governments and their cohorts have their way with ya, until then they will just continue to think up more ways to exterminate populations in their dingy little laboratories...like the good little mad scientists they are.
Mad scientists; out to get you, really? LOL

Old 11-01-2009, 01:50 PM

30,876 posts, read 36,834,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
for some reason im not really buying this swine flu. i beleive its a regular flu, the regular flu kills more people maybe im being a bit naive but companies are making millions off of this pandemic
I agree. It may even be about more than just money....Take a look at what Finland's retired chief medical offer has to say on swine flu:

YouTube - Dr Rauni Kilde on Swine Flu Conspiracy

Old 11-01-2009, 02:02 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,146,216 times
"Rauni-Leena Luukanen-Kilde (born 1939 in Värtsilä, now in the Republic of Karelia) was the provincial medical officer of the Finnish Lapland Province with a doctorate in medicine from 1975 until a car accident in 1986, which took away her ability to continue her work and career. Since then she has been best known for her UFO contacts and related thoughts. She likes to advertise her former title, but often she rather calls herself a former Chief Medical Officer of Finland and uses other questionable titles as well. Luukanen-Kilde has written UFO related books, which have been published inside and outside Finland. She has spoken openly about the hiding of the UFO evidence and other conspiracy theories. It is claimed she has taken part in numerous UFO conferences, but such a claim has been refuted in the past.[1] According to Kilde, the United States and other nations have been involved in covert "microchip mind control" research."
Rauni-Leena Luukanen-Kilde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-02-2009, 10:32 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,610,827 times
The saddest part of this Swne Flu ordeal to me is that.........I see the plant just up the road in PA.
They showed the trucks coming last month to receive the medication.....
But.....Then it is sent to Australia and other countries.......Our own hometowns near the plant have not
been given big amounts.
There is no lines set up.........no dates.........
The fact that it is right here.......The plants dumps into our rivers and streams........and we don't have it available. Quite stunning indeed.
Especially for the people it is known to help....The children, and people in compromised health.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:42 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,661,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I don't mean to sound callous, but what would you have them do? Sensationalize it? Keep a count running in the corner of the screen? For what purpose?

The fact is that more children die from accidents in any given week that from the swine flu over a whole year. It is NOT the biggest killer of children or adults, so I see no reason to blow it up into something it isn't.

Is it bad? Yes, but it's just the flu and not the modern-day version of the Black Plague. In any normal year, roughly 30,000 people die from regular flu and swine flu has a long way to go reach that figure.
Well, pretty much what I was going to say but you beat me to it.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 AM

955 posts, read 3,642,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
That number of flu-associated deaths for infants, children, and pre-adults is not really out of the ordinary in a given year. The annual average for infants and toddlers alone is 92.
Exactly - deaths are sad period, but if anything they are make more of the H1N1 deaths - we never hear a word about typicaly seasonal flu related deaths that occur every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness