Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times

Advertisements

There are lots of cases of H1N1 flu in our community and several deaths of otherwise healthy people.

To answer the OP, a couple of years ago my dd had seasonal flu but neither my dh nor I got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 04:45 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,549,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Wow, I do not know a single person who has had swine flu. Someone I work with says it's in her county, so I came on here to check to see if anyone knows anyone who has actually had this flu.

I guess there are a few of you out there. I'm surprised. Don't know a soul who has had it yet, and I live in north Jersey and work in NYC--highly populated areas.
Other local county hospitals were seeing 10 cases a week. We know a person who is an administrator at our county's local hospital - they were seeing 40 cases a week. Apparently our county got hit pretty hard. My coworker's children have had it. He has not gotten it yet. Many people at my husband's work have had it (he's in retail - they get everything!). One man ended up with pneumonia as a complication and was out of work for 2 weeks, though he recovered.

For most people it will just be a nasty flu. For some, it will be very nasty and could be life threatening. As I said - so far, no symptoms for me and I'm very thankful!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 PM

574 posts, read 2,045,311 times
There are five people in my family. Four of us have had the flu, each once in our lives. All four of us had it in different years, so basically I guess we had it in our home four times and no one caught it any of those times. No one had had a flu shot either. We are diligent this time of year though about hand washing, using the dish washer for ALL dishes, glasses, etc. and cleaning the kitchen, door knobs, etc. several times a week with Clorox Clean-up. Not sure if those are the reasons, but I'm going to keep it up.

Nancy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness