Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:46 PM

409 posts, read 2,783,100 times

Advertisements

i am on a low dose hrt and still feel warmer than most all the time. can't sleep much. feel like i'm laying on warm hay. i guess it's body temp but no one is helping me. quit smoking 15 mos ago, no significant health problems, just an underactive thyroid which i take meds for. any solutions???:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
i am on a low dose hrt and still feel warmer than most all the time. can't sleep much. feel like i'm laying on warm hay. i guess it's body temp but no one is helping me. quit smoking 15 mos ago, no significant health problems, just an underactive thyroid which i take meds for. any solutions???:
Are you going through menopause?

Old 05-11-2007, 09:42 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Sure sounds like menopause. Is that why you are on hrt. I see they have a test at the drugstore that tells how far along in menopause you are. This may be a good, helpful womens thread if we can pass some info around.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:28 PM

went thru changes 10 years ago, started on hrt right away and flashes stopped. felt great. they took me off a few years ago and i take a real low dose. don't have flashes anymore, but am uncomfortable at night. hav e a fan going most of the time in bedroom.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:49 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Hmmm....That's interesting. I've never heard of that, mimosa (love your drink, BTW!). Have you spoken to your doctor about it?

Old 05-13-2007, 08:38 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
any other symptoms?

Old 05-14-2007, 01:56 PM

800 posts, read 4,297,991 times
A great book is by Dr. Lee and it's called, "What your Doctor May Not Tell you About Menopause." It talks about natural solutions to ease things during 'the change.' I myself have read the pre-menopause version...it's excellent

Also, think of yourself as getting younger or better every day or every year. The mind is powerful and is connected to the body

Hugz,
AB

Old 05-15-2007, 04:08 PM

i tell my doctor and everybody that i don't feel great and no one listens. call it allergies. quit smoking 15 mos ago and feel awful since. next found out i had a thyroid problem (underactive) so take meds. in general just feel tired all the time, don't sleep well, and have sudden clammy sweating times and i went thru changes 13 years ago and take low dose hrt. want to go back to the regular dose and take my chances.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:50 PM

942 posts, read 2,583,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
i tell my doctor and everybody that i don't feel great and no one listens. call it allergies. quit smoking 15 mos ago and feel awful since. next found out i had a thyroid problem (underactive) so take meds. in general just feel tired all the time, don't sleep well, and have sudden clammy sweating times and i went thru changes 13 years ago and take low dose hrt. want to go back to the regular dose and take my chances.

It could be cholesterol also you thyroid meds could be the wrong dosage. If your Fr. says that all clears up and you still feel the same perhaps it could be depression. You probably wont know until you have your docot run a bmp & cbc, also see if he could run a pt & ptt. These labs rule things out like anemia, cholesterol, lots of things. Maybe they could check out you aldonase (lab) out check for epstein barr. There could be many factors and the best place to start is the doctors office with a complete lab work. Good luck Mimosa, its terriable not to feel well and not know what it is.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Hummmmm. I was on HRT for 5 years. Then nothing. Then my doctor wanted me to TRY a very very low dose of Prempro. That stuff almost killed me. I tried it one month and then just could not finish the 2nd month. Palpitations.

I went through a No smoking program a couple of years ago and one of the inspirational speakers that came one session gained 80 lbs after she quit. The weight wasn't the issue though. She says all kinds of medical problems started popping up after she quit.

Not saying you have everything wrong but have they done a real full work-up on you?

Pixie Dust said about checking for Epstein-Barr. Interesting. Just read a article yesterday about it. It's now called "chronic fatigue syndrome". It's a multi-faceted problem. It affects the immune system, which affects your sleep. It affects the autonomic nervous system and the endocrine system. They have found that many of the patients have low or below-normal red blood cell volumes, as if you were anemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness