Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 11:26 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times

Advertisements

Here is what WHO has to say:

WHO | Public health significance of virus mutation detected in Norway

Including this snippet: "Although further investigation is under way, no evidence currently suggests that these mutations are leading to an unusual increase in the number of H1N1 infections or a greater number of severe or fatal cases."

I still see no need for panic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 11:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
on this point i think mr obama is correct, we are underassessing swine flu. i also think we are under assessing AIDS in this country. i am concerned that 43 million uninsured and 21 million illegals uninsured may have been exposed and w/o medical testing it will go utterly unnoticed for 7 years infecting countless more. AIDS in particular is a sleeper disease.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:41 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,261 times
Pneumonic plague is a bacteria. Swine flu is a virus. There is no way possible that if the plague actually was released or started killing people that it is in any way, shape, or form a mutation of the swine flu. Anyone saying it is most likely is attempting to instill panic for some other cause and praying on the stupidity of your average person.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:10 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
on this point i think mr obama is correct, we are underassessing swine flu. i also think we are under assessing AIDS in this country. i am concerned that 43 million uninsured and 21 million illegals uninsured may have been exposed and w/o medical testing it will go utterly unnoticed for 7 years infecting countless more. AIDS in particular is a sleeper disease.
Your post intrigues me. I was quite taken aback when Obama declared swine flu a national emergency. To the best of my knowledge it still is. What gives?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:28 PM

392 posts, read 1,095,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Your post intrigues me. I was quite taken aback when Obama declared swine flu a national emergency. To the best of my knowledge it still is. What gives?
Monday, or Tuesday, news will begin breaking. We live in interesting times folks. This swine flu game is far, far, far, from over.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:29 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
Monday, or Tuesday, news will begin breaking. We live in interesting times folks. This swine flu game is far, far, far, from over.
i'm utterly terrified, really.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
i'm utterly terrified, really.
As you should be. I have family in the Ukraine, they work in the medical field, it's coming, ready or not.

Burry your head in the sand all you like. Does it always work out for you?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:41 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
As you should be. I have family in the Ukraine, they work in the medical field, it's coming, ready or not.

Burry your head in the sand all you like. Does it always work out for you?
There's no reason to live your life in fear. If it's time to go, it's time to go. Running around like chicken little isn't going to make life worth living.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:05 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,471,504 times
Quote:
There's no reason to live your life in fear. If it's time to go, it's time to go. Running around like chicken little isn't going to make life worth living.
I agree.

There's not much more we can do than what we have always been advised: get flu shot(s), wash & sanitize hands frequently, EAT WELL, GET REST, GET EXERCISE...all common sense things we should do all year long and every single flu season.

Is there something else we should be doing?

"Pneumonic plague is a bacteria. Swine flu is a virus." Thank you.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Mod cut: personal attack

Fact is, the bug, virus is and will continue to progress. Fact is, a lot of people are going to die from it. If warning people to prepare makes me chicken little, then chicken little I shall be.

And this idea about "when its your time, there is nothing you can do." Is pure nonsense, when it comes to a virus. You can avoid it and survive, (of course this is after the virulent strain hits) or be dumb, blind and go out among sick, sneezing people and die. So there is, in fact a choice, believe it or not.

Read the entire 118 page history of the 1918 pandemic! Then read the national European press releases about Ukraine and fill in the blanks.

Last edited by Viralmd; 11-29-2009 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: Personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness