Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 03:45 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times

Advertisements

They are not called insane asylums anymore, psychiatric hospitals would be the correct name. If you are in or committed to a psychiatric hospital you will not be alone at all. You will be with all of the other patients. No longer are the days of patients being locked away in a padded cell alone. You will likely have at least one person in a room with yourself and you will have to be amoung the other patients, in classes with them etc. If you wanht to be completely alone you need to do something else.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:50 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
enamdar,

Get your crazy, lazy ass back in school.

One day maybe you can become a professor and nobody will even notice how wacked out you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Go to the desert and get real.
You're being lazy (although as someone who understands depression well, i don't like that accusation but in your case ... i dunno)

How can you call a man lazy when you don't even know him? As a matter of fact, the most wealthy people in the world don't even work. Meanwhile poverty stricken people work the most.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:19 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enamdar View Post
Anyone have info about living in Info about living in an insane asylum or psychiatric ward?

I don't really want to be treated, I just want to be commited to one, and live out my life there.

Seriously, does anyone have any real advice on how I can just drop out of society and the rat race? Its not healthy for me. And keeping a malcontent like me among society can't be good for society either. For my own good and society's I just need to be isolated from my "fellow" humans. they will only harm me, and I will only harm them. Thats what the Lutheran Kierkegaard thinks the Catholics got right and the Protestants are missing. The monasteries were a safety valve that allowed people antagonistic to this world, to escape it without disrupting the system. We really don't have that in our age, other than the "choice" to starve on the street, which is where I'm headed. There really is no safety valve or escape hatch. I don't know maybe there are some deserted islands out there in the Pacific, where I could literally be a Robinson Crusoe. Probably not realistic though. Well if those islands exists, I suppose its possible I could somehow get there with a few thousand dollars. I probably wouldn't last long in the wild. But nature is a less cruel enemy than man. Nature will kill me but not enslave me. Or being a hermit somehow, but that takes capital. I just need to get
away from it all. I reject all social relations. I never want to see another human again. The very sight and smell of them repulses me. I've really lost touch. I just don't get humans. I used to think I did. But the more I study them, the less I understand them. Or maybe I understand them empirically, I know what they actually do and on an intellectual scientific level I can understand their motivations partially. But I can't get inside their heads. Their endless cruelty just escapes me.
I mean I guess part of it is the Hegelian recognition, the master must enslave to be recognized. And Nieztche elaborated on it as the will to power. And you can try and make it scientific by just transmitting the Will to Gene. The human fascination and lust for cruelty just escapes me. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that is what you need to survive, and I'm just a Darwinian miscarriage. Or maybe I have too much of Freud's superego. I've internalized too much of what society SAYS is good and become that. In that sense I am the society I hate so much- personified.
I'm the materialization of the spiritual imagination of society. I'm the Feurbachian God made flesh. I can understand the mind of God, which is the spirtitualization of society, more clearly than that of man. The regret at what man could have been and what he actually is before the flood. I suppose the God's eye view of the universe, is a curse and burden to us worm, dust, dirt.

I belong in solitary confinement. The prison population of course is the embodiment and hyperdistortion of man's will to power, although I would say the difference with the general population is only quantitative in nature. So obviously prison itself is no utopia. But solitary confinement in the "hole" would be my paradise. To be free from all human contact and all activity. To just sit in an empty cell 24 hours a day. And to have guards slide in the food. It has come to the point where my only conception of freedom is liberty from humanity. And so freedom becomes a prison cell. IDK, I guess at the rate I'm going I will probably end up in an insane asulym believing I'm Napoleon Bonaparte. As long as I make the leap of faith and truly believe I'm the Emperor, then nothing can imprison me. The insane asulym is in its own way a utopia, and it beats the streets. It is kind of like Plato's Republic. With the Golden Guardians. Maybe I will memorize Napoleon's memoirs and not let anyone convince me that I'm not Bonaparte. What could be a better life than living in Plato's Republic convinced you are the Emperor.

If I were you, I would first get a blood test to see if all your hormone levels are functioning properly. You want to make sure you are thinking rationally. It's possible you may be manifesting feelings of extreme withdraw due to a non functioning body system. Also, what kind of food do you eat? Is is clean organic food?

Anyhow, there are may people who want to isolate themselves from society; so you're not alone! However, when I read between the lines, what stands out, is how you want to punish yourself due to the fact that you prefer to live, "in the hole" (western dogs/cats live better then you would "in the hole") or in a "physic ward" which is full of people who are treated less then human because society claims they are "invalid".

So, my point is, it's normal for a segment of the population to be extremely aloof and introverted, but to take it further by subjugating yourself tells me that you want to punish yourself, for some specific reason.

In regards to lodging, there are many places in the US where you can live in solitude IN COMFORT. You need to look into buying a camper and moving out into remote areas in Utah or out in the desert off the highway 80 in Arizona.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:13 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
This guy's the author of this topic: //www.city-data.com/forum/other...-throw-me.html

Suggestion: Take him with a grain of salt.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:56 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,722,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
How can you call a man lazy when you don't even know him? As a matter of fact, the most wealthy people in the world don't even work. Meanwhile poverty stricken people work the most.
I used that term with care and something like an apology.
I'm on his side although i don't think that a mental institution is the answer.
His disgust with what he calls "the rat race" and i call the insanity of the dominant culture is understandable and i wish him luck ... i wish him a successful escape from a very sick culture that, among its many "crimes", scapegoats and marginalizes people who are aware of how sick it is and suffer more than others due to their sensitivity.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:17 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
And there's always the homeless lifestyle.

A good friend of mine, with two 4-year degrees, voluntarily joined the homeless ranks in the mid 80's and has never looked back.

Now she spends every waking hour at the library and can name any number of the best homeless shelters in the country. She goes south in the winter, north in the summer. She loves to tempt me to drop out of our wonderful, compassionate society, but she's going to have to try harder.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:01 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,548,973 times
You must be considered legally a danger to yourself to be committed. You'd get tired, really fast, of smelling other people's dirty diapers or wet beds. And you'd certainly have to put up with having someone dictate your daily agenda.

Someone needs to wake up & smell the goodness of an unconfined man's coffee!

Old 01-08-2010, 09:42 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,932,494 times
Thread locked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness