Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:43 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times

Advertisements

It is said that Brittany Murphy died of natural causes. What does that mean anymore? It almost seems like an outdated term (not that I'm a doctor). Is a heart attack considered a "natural cause" at 32? I guess I'm accustomed to hearing that someone died of a heart attack or cancer; something that actually caused their death or something that caused the something that caused their death.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 01:52 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,117,121 times
Pretty sure that is used when there is no other reason found and no reason to believe it was foul play.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:58 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
She may have had Long QT Syndrome, a heart condiiton that frequently has no symptoms but causes sudden death. It's what kills some student athletes. When their heart is stressed and that happens, they die. There are several congenital heart conditions that do not cause much if any symptoms until just before the end. Didn't I read that she had a heart mummer?

Old 12-24-2009, 05:09 PM

Location: Abilene/Buffalo Gap, Texas ... Moving to Cheyenne/Elk City, Oklahoma
35 posts, read 105,907 times
Well, in a nutshell, she didn't die from an accident ... and she wasn't murdered ... and she didn't commit suicide ... so she died from some natural, biological circumstance/condition.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:13 PM

"What" that natural, biological circumstance/condition has yet to be revealed ... or has it?

Old 12-24-2009, 05:35 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,726,610 times
I don't think the toxicology report has been completed and/or released but it seems clear (from what i heard) that she was on a few different medications and maybe, like Heath Ledger, she combined those medications in a dangerous way and/or took too much of something(s).
Also, from the pictures i've seen of her, it looks like she may have been anorexic (in any case, she was definitely way too thin) and her heart may have been weakened due to that.
And if she did have H1N1 (there are reports that she had flu like symptoms just before her death), a weak heart could have made her particularly vulnerable to that flu, no?
It's sad.
It seems that she may have fallen victim to this crazy sick culture with its extreme pressure to look perfect and thin and forever young and that it just did her in ... just speculation but it's quite plausible.
She was so pretty and unique and when i saw recently that she had those big, ugly, botox? fish lips i was like .
Anyway, bless her and those who loved her.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:42 PM

She had the prettiest eyes.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:20 AM

369 posts, read 942,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I don't think the toxicology report has been completed and/or released.
this

most people think that when the report comes back in a few weeks that the cause of death will be known.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:45 AM

426 posts, read 1,087,209 times
Deaths can be ruled any one of the following; homicide, suicide, accidental, probable homicide, probable suicide, undetermined, natural causes. Chocking on food is likely accidental. Death form a fall or by drowning could be due to an accident, murder, or suicide.

A person who has died from an illness, (cancer, diabetes, influenza), stroke, heart attack, life long disability, chronic disease, etc, is a person who has died of natural causes. On death certificates, there is usually a primary and secondary factor, and sometimes even a space for an additional factor contributing to the persons death, but neither a primary nor secondary. With regards to Brittany Murphy, it was determined that she died of a heart attack. I'm not sure if that counts as cardiac arrest, but probably. In which case, she did die of natural causes. However, they need to find out what caused her to have a heart attack.

I'll give you another example, say someone dies of pneumonia because they can no longer breathe. Their cause of death is natural. The main contributing factor is some type of asphyxiation. The secondary factor may be listed as pneumonia.

Or something like that!

Last edited by Nedely; 12-25-2009 at 05:01 AM..

Old 12-25-2009, 05:49 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Death from natural causes means someone wasn't murdered, accidently killed, overdosed or didn't commit suicide. It simply means they died due to health related reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness