Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 10:31 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,156,763 times

Advertisements

to the OP, in case this might make you feel more at ease--I was playing neighborhood baseball (ok,years ago) and was in the outfield when the batter hit the ball then slung the bat...........it came into outfield at amazing speed sideways......all I heard was woowoowoo of the bat before it slammed into my forehead--bam! I had a big old egg on my forehead.........ya think? LOL
I never passed out or got dizzy and it was only after the egg didn't go down,days later that my mom took me to the doctor. They aspirated blood from it, took x-rays and that was that.

Not to say you injury isn't serious but I sort of doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 07:52 AM

380 posts, read 1,229,411 times
Yeah I went to the hospital finally last night. and they did a CT Scan and said no bleeding fracture ect. they said I got hit real hard and it just hurt. I was scared to say the least.

Thank you for your thoughts with me on the forum... Im glad I got the scan last night. I was better safe than Sorry I guess thats how they say it. Awarness needs to be raised for this sort of Injury. again thank you guys.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,415,325 times
Thx for the good update, glad all is well ;-)

Old 11-30-2009, 11:32 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,245,644 times
Watch out for those things! What's grand is when you bump your head and then rip your hair out on the hook in reaction. Its lovely.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:22 PM

454 posts, read 688,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmom3 View Post
You may WANT them to pay for your injury, but they shouldn't have to and this is what is wrong, in part, with our society today...people trying to get a free ride instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. RIDICULOUS!
No...because if you are on someone's property (namely a big chain store) and get injured, thats why they have insurance companies who back them up.

By all means, if you slip and fall and crack your skull wide open in the middle of the store...its your fault? No...the store is liable for that. They arent going to go to the poor house over being sued for medical expenses.

Thats what insurance is for. Stop making innocent people look like thieves. thats RIDICULOUS!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:38 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,959,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Watch out for those things! What's grand is when you bump your head and then rip your hair out on the hook in reaction. Its lovely.
Funny visual there ... I'm klutzy but never done that trick thank goodness.

Jamerschris, I'm just glad you are ok.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:08 PM

264 posts, read 819,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
No...because if you are on someone's property (namely a big chain store) and get injured, thats why they have insurance companies who back them up.

By all means, if you slip and fall and crack your skull wide open in the middle of the store...its your fault? No...the store is liable for that. They arent going to go to the poor house over being sued for medical expenses.

Thats what insurance is for. Stop making innocent people look like thieves. thats RIDICULOUS!

it certainly could be. it depends on the cirmcumstances. If I walk into a store and slip and fall out of my own clumsiness the last thing I would do is try to get money from them for it. but that's just me. I try to live by a certain set of morals and values and I would not feel right about taking advantage of such a situation, regardless of the insurance policy that might be involved. Now, If it was due to gross negligence on their part, then that would be a different situation. But, I highly doubt that any reasonable person would consider having a hook for a purse in a bathroom stall that is clearly visible and is there as a convience to customers to be gross negligence. In some cases, the people that work in that store may get penalized for a claim filed against their store when it comes time for them to get paid and/or bonuses, etc so it is not just some huge company that is affected by frivilous, baseless lawsuits brought out of a warped sense of entitlement and greed. It affects familes and hardworking individuals, too. Having to spend all that money paying out medical claims and lawyers fees and such affects the company's bottom line and does trickle down in the end, resulting in higher prices for consumers, less jobs, and lower pay for employees.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:23 PM

380 posts, read 1,229,411 times
Yeah im ok guys... still a little knot on my big head. but im fine. lets hope NONE of us go through this....

Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,546,590 times
On the insurance thing. You wait and see. Jamerschris' insurance company will no doubt send her a letter [I assume you are a she since you were in a woman's bathroom] trying to establish fault with the store..........

I had that happen when I broke my ankle at a friends place. All kinds of forms. It was an accident, plain and simple but they really WANTED me to claim negligence, which I did not.

Yeah, MOST bathroom doors have hooks on them. So much that I rarely hang anything but a coat there because it is too convenient for someone to reach over the door and snag it.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:59 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,760,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
I was at lowes using the restroom I stood up in the stall and bent down to pick up my keyes I dropped and hit my head on this hook with a rubber end on it.... it's where women I guess hang there purse.

It hurt extremley bad, and had an instant knot. it's still there and hurts when I touch it. havent had any headaches that I know. this happend This Saturday at 6PM. I didnt bleed. But im really worried of internal bleeding like Natasha Richardson sufferd in her accident.

Im really worried and would like to ask if any of you think it will be fine? the knot is sore. but im concerned.
Congratulations, you have a knot on your head.

If you are an otherwise healthy person who is not on medication that would make you prone to bleeding problems you are going to be fine.

Is this a joke? No more John Waynes, I guess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness