Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 11:54 PM

342 posts, read 590,020 times

Advertisements

Iam a senior and its not bad, I feel better then I did when I was in my 20,s. how do you feel?

Merry Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 11:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 16,448,668 times
Well I would say Im not sure Im someone, that feels there is a set age when every person becomes a senior. I can't really say I feel like one and I feel fine, but society treats many of us as if we are yesterday's newspaper. Societies views on older people can make them feel old and lose interest in maintaining themself. I am 60 now and Im retired but still work part time. A blue collar job out in the elements 3 days a week. I work out at a gym as I have since my teens. I am always walking somewhere and have other activities to keep me busy. I could not sit in a chair and watch TV all day, I would go nuts. I have 2 major chronic medical conditions, one since my 20's and the other my 40's. Both Endocrine Diseases, Diabetes and Thyroid Disease could really slow me down. I learned along time ago not to let them, and it has worked most days anyways.

I live in an Apt bldg for 55 and older, a 14 story highrise. Many in this bldg are in my age group but many are older. Some of this I think is attributed to Portland, as it has a very high incidence of depression and substance abuse. Many here are very miserable people that never speak and roam around all day waiting for the mailman. Now and then you will run into someone on the elevator that will give a hello, but I have learned to be careful when and who to say hello to. Some at times smell of booze and appear to be mentally ill. I imagine they are placed here by the county and their rent is free. It is obvious they don't want to be bothered. I can't relate to any of this, and am on this city data researching more practical and sensible places to retire to. I feel sorry for many of them I really do, but I can't expect myself to live in this type environment as I get older.

I recommend every person in their senior years find things they enjoy to do as it most definitely keeps one going. Life does not not stop when you hit 55, 60, 70 80 or 90.

So for me in my younger senior years it seems fine so far, just needs some fine tuning abit.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:13 PM

9,511 posts, read 16,448,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee22 View Post
Iam a senior and its not bad, I feel better then I did when I was in my 20,s. how do you feel?

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness