Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 04:54 AM

342 posts, read 590,736 times

Advertisements

I really dont like to drink water but i do 1 glass a day.
how do you feel about drinking water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,722,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee22 View Post
As a guideline, add 7 more glasses.
It's important.
Drinking water is not something you do 'cause you want to (although i love water ... if it's good) but because your body needs it.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:16 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
You get PLENTY of liquid (water) from eating a balanced diet, and whatever else you may drink during the day. Assuming you aren't into some VERY strenuous activity or that it's not really, really hot, you do NOT need to chug water all day long! If you're thirsty, drink!
Your body will let you know if you need extra! Otherwise, you get plenty of water from your foods and other drinks!

Old 12-30-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
You get PLENTY of liquid (water) from eating a balanced diet, and whatever else you may drink during the day. Assuming you aren't into some VERY strenuous activity or that it's not really, really hot, you do NOT need to chug water all day long! If you're thirsty, drink!
Your body will let you know if you need extra! Otherwise, you get plenty of water from your foods and other drinks!
Drinking soda, coffee, sugary juices, beer, wine, etc., etc. does not = drinking H20!
And much of what people drink on a daily basis is harmful to the body.
And by the time thirst is present there is already a degree of dehydration.
8 glasses a day is just a standard guideline.
Sometimes i drink more .... and sometimes i drink less.
A diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables does provide fluids but certainly not enough ... and water is water ... it's essential.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Try drinking water more and cutting out whatever else you are drinking. You may be surprised and find you crave water. Growing up all I drank was soda (as did my parents), I stopped drinking soda all together and don't even crave it anymore. The only thing that satisfies me is water!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Try drinking water more and cutting out whatever else you are drinking. You may be surprised and find you crave water. Growing up all I drank was soda (as did my parents), I stopped drinking soda all together and don't even crave it anymore. The only thing that satisfies me is water!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 10:16 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee22 View Post
Put lemon in it. Not only does it make it taste MUCH better, easier to drink, but the Lemon actually helps put your body into a more alkaline state. (Yes I know lemon is acidic but it makes the body alkaline. Don't ask me how.)

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-30-2009, 10:20 PM

593 posts, read 889,841 times
Coyoteskye is right as the recommended adult water intake is around 8 glasses per day. There have been recent articles about water intoxication with corresponding hypoatremia (causes electolyte imbalance even brain swelling,but most of those cases were extreme binge water drinking.) Too much water can kill, but 7-8 glasses won't be a problem unless your a child. Infants can get intoxication with too many baby bottles of water also. Tap water is generally pretty safe but depending on location in the country,age of a given city and agricultural run-off coupled the timing of added chlorination the levels of a carcinogen trihalomethane can elevate (especially with inexperienced water dudes). Water can contain lead (some from leaching copper pipes with leaded solder), chlorine,giardia,cryplosporida,cysts and asbestos (old water pipes are still insulated in older towns).New reports are circulating about trace medications ( a virtual buffet of medication residue yum) Lastly there is a growing concern about residue of vitamines especially historically poorly disolving ones like Centrum or those with hardeners. NYC has huge screens on their downline sewers and in order to keep them patent a crew has to go down and literally scrape and shovel tens of thousands of Centrums (so much for absorption) As for bottled water people need to be aware that plastic rated #1 (found on the bottom of the bottle) has a slight chemical leaching and the gallon bottles are often contaminated with bacteria even distilled. Leaving a baby bottle or a lets say Aquafina bottle sit after opening in a car can end up culturing pseudmonas a gram negative bacteria that can give you gastroenteritis and or tracheitis so be careful!!! We have an emergency water filter (rated best in the world) by Food for Health) as it takes out everything!!(even anthrax!!) If your have a kidney stone problem be careful with "spring water" it equates to too many minerals.

Last edited by DASULAR17; 12-30-2009 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: Format

Old 12-30-2009, 10:53 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,126,623 times
I hate water (the taste) and have to force myself to drink it.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:39 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
Well, tap water in florida tastes bad though it has improved since when I was a kid.........
Maybe you need to get a water filter? My parents used a Brita and it made a huge difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness