U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:01 AM

10,778 posts, read 18,306,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamucil View Post
part is the media going along with it for ratings
Todays media is more of an entertainment venue, most news has no real value, they attempt to sensationalize even the most boring of stories. Take my local news this morning, right before the break they end with "big apartment fire, you won't believe what started it, after the break!"

So I'm thinking an idiot did something stupid, or an iguana tipped over a lava lamp, something odd, nope, a kid playing with a lighter, like this is either shocking and unheard of or out of the ordinary, when it's quite common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 11:46 AM

4,691 posts, read 7,501,696 times
Good thread.

I know, as soon as the official government spokeshumans or media mouthpieces get all hysterical and breathless, that it's a sham.

Bird flu, swine flu, ufo flew, if it's pushed hard by the feds and their fellow travelers the unquestioning hysterical noninquisitive media, then IMHO odds are 95+% it's baloney flu.

Liars liars liars.

The term "pandemic" has been twisted and tortured to mean anything. And so it means nothing.
There are so many Boy Who Cried Wolf types out there that guess what, no credibility.

You need know nothing of science, epidemiology, weather patterns, just know something of human behavior and motivations.

If algore's behind it, it's a fraud.
If FEMA's behind it, it's a fraud.
If Janet Napolitano's behind it, it's a fraud.
If Oprah and Dr. Oz and Dr. Nancy Sneiderman are pushing it, you know it's BS.

One thing they do often, but not well, is lie like cheap rugs.

It's swine alright, just no flu involved. Pork, yes.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:00 PM

500 posts, read 976,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
"The truth is out. More than half of the experts advising the World Health Organisation (WHO) to declare swine flu a ‘pandemic’ are linked to drug-makers that have reaped huge profits from untested vaccines and flu drugs Mod cut: copyright violation
Swine Flu a "Faked Pandemic"
I would imagine the 11,700 people who died from the Swine Flu, according to the Center for Disease Control would disagree with your assumption.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:13 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,903,510 times
I am not suprised. The Big Pharmas are all about money--any way they can get it folks. Most people in our society take one form of pill/drug or another and are they really all necessary--do you think so?? Maybe it's time people figured this all out. No, I am not suprised one bit.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:25 PM

4,691 posts, read 7,501,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I would imagine the 11,700 people who died from the Swine Flu, according to the Center for Disease Control would disagree with your assumption.
We are talking about "Faked 'Pandemic'," not about who dies.

100 people on average die per day in the USA of standard flu and complications, that's about 36,500 per year. CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Q & A: Questions and Answers Regarding Estimating Deaths from Influenza in the United States

The question this thread poses is, is the hysteria regarding swine flu an attempt to gin up panic, or is/was swine flu an actual pendemic disease?

Given the numbers, and given the powers-that-be jumped right over the word "epidemic" to the next level, "pandemic," I'd say it's clear the issue was faked for whatever reasons motivate those in charge of media campaigns.

Of course each of those 11,700 deaths due to swine flu is tragic.
Statistically, in a nation of 300+ million (plus 10-20 uncounted illegals) they are a tiny bump, nothing remotely approaching epidemic, much less pandemic.

Do you approach this issue with your rational mind, or with your emotional being?

Old 02-13-2010, 08:07 PM

5,346 posts, read 11,512,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
We are talking about "Faked 'Pandemic'," not about who dies.

100 people on average die per day in the USA of standard flu and complications, that's about 36,500 per year. CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Q & A: Questions and Answers Regarding Estimating Deaths from Influenza in the United States

The question this thread poses is, is the hysteria regarding swine flu an attempt to gin up panic, or is/was swine flu an actual pendemic disease?

Given the numbers, and given the powers-that-be jumped right over the word "epidemic" to the next level, "pandemic," I'd say it's clear the issue was faked for whatever reasons motivate those in charge of media campaigns.

Of course each of those 11,700 deaths due to swine flu is tragic.
Statistically, in a nation of 300+ million (plus 10-20 uncounted illegals) they are a tiny bump, nothing remotely approaching epidemic, much less pandemic.

Do you approach this issue with your rational mind, or with your emotional being?
Clearly you don't understand the definition of the term "pandemic"....

No one "jumped over" another term.....the correct terminology was applied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness