U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,430 times

Advertisements

My Mom is in a NH/REHAB and she was having trouble making any sense too. Now they were supposed to check her for a UTI last month and I kept asking her what they found and she said they never said anything but she said they did take a sample. Now she is old and forgets alot too but she does know whats goingon around her.
Last night when I called which I call her every night since she has been in there for 2 years. And she was confused talking about things that didnt make sense to us but it did to her. They called me at 4:00 this morning and told me that they were trying to get her to take something to calm her down she woulldn't go to bed., Now last year about this time her friend that she had in there died. She went to the Hospital and didn't want to go either and they made her and she came back in a coma and died a few days later. I don't know what happened not being family they won't tell you and this woman was 94,,, Thats why she didn't want to go she just hears the word hopital and gets scared...
Well getting back i degressed, but she is now in the hospital and they are taking care of the problems that she may have. They just called for concent to give her a MRI of the brain..Which I thought was ok.
Anyway, The Nurse said that she has more than maybe just the uti she may have celulitis too. And this could be making her confused. She said she was very calm now and willing..Which she was not last night she was screaming and she woudn't go to bed.]
So hopefully they will get to the problem, and she can go back to Heartland of Boca.
And I am 1500 , miles away... Its not easy...
Thanks for listening...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,341 times
My 82 yr old mom admitted to hospital with UTI and was responding well to antibiotic. While I stayed with her in hospital I noticed very heavy irregular breathing from the stomach when she slept. The doctor treating her in hospital prescribed Cardizem CD. We were able to bring her home after 3 days in hospital. She was doing better - coherent, able to get off bed and to commode etc.... Two days after being at home she took a turn for worse and was experiencing almost stroke like symptoms jerking, slurred speech, dizziness when trying to sit up and falling over. I called for ambulance to take her back to hospital and now she is in nursing home (3rd day) and still cannot sit up without getting extremely dizzy, seems to lose motor skills when sitting up but laying down has motor skills enough to eat and phone people. Still a bit confused in thinking. Knows who she is - year - birthdate - etc..... I am not getting answers and I am frustrated

Old 12-09-2012, 01:39 PM

36,498 posts, read 45,482,905 times
My mother had a horrible time with recurring UTI. On top of that she had dementia but it always got worse with UTI. When she died doctor put Cronic UTI as first cause of death with dementia as secondary. So I guess UTI can be deadly.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,607 times
prolapsed uterus, is it common to place a elderly patient wit a catheter for the rest of their life for this condition, she keeps cloudy urine and what should be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness