U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-04-2010, 10:22 PM
 
3,935 posts, read 5,710,081 times
Reputation: 4170

Advertisements

patch that make people have either nightmares or very erotic dreams? I've heard about this quite a bit. As I am quitting smoking, I am using the nicotine patch. In doing my research on it, a lot of people said they don't wear theirs all night because they never know if they will have a nightmare, or an erotic dream. It seems everyone is ok with the erotic dreams, but not the nightmares. (No kidding?) I never have worn mine all night because I don't want those nightmares, but, I did forget to take my patch off one night until I had been in bed quite awhile, and I did have a very vivid, erotic dream that night.

What in the world is in some medicines to cause this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-05-2010, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Planet Eaarth
8,955 posts, read 18,222,406 times
Reputation: 7193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
patch that make people have either nightmares or very erotic dreams? I've heard about this quite a bit. As I am quitting smoking, I am using the nicotine patch. In doing my research on it, a lot of people said they don't wear theirs all night because they never know if they will have a nightmare, or an erotic dream. It seems everyone is ok with the erotic dreams, but not the nightmares. (No kidding?) I never have worn mine all night because I don't want those nightmares, but, I did forget to take my patch off one night until I had been in bed quite awhile, and I did have a very vivid, erotic dream that night.

What in the world is in some medicines to cause this?
Suggest that you ask your doctor about these side effects since the patch may be interacting with other med's both prescribed ,or over the counter, you may be taking. Whatever you do don't igore these symptoms since nicotine is a powerful , and sometimes deadly toxic, drug on it's own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2010, 11:24 AM
 
Location: In the real world!
2,178 posts, read 8,690,651 times
Reputation: 2805
The nightmares are a side effect of the patch... I think it is because it is changing things in the brain somehow. I hadn't heard of the "other" dreams. I bought some and never have gotten brave enough to try them because I have extreem side effects to EVERYTHING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2010, 01:57 PM
 
3,935 posts, read 5,710,081 times
Reputation: 4170
Thanks Guys,

I pretty much quit using the patches because I couldn't tell they helped. I got all geared up for this. I also take Bupropion, use the gum, and was using the lozenges, not all together, of course. I would switch them around, but, always use the Bupropion and patch. I quit the patch, and the lozenges because the lozenges are as addicting as the cigarettes! I replaced those with sugar free mints, but, still use the gum. Look at all of the following sites that talk about the "dreams."
Google
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2010, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
8,685 posts, read 14,807,408 times
Reputation: 10314
Years ago, I quit using the patch at night because not only did it cause dreams, but I felt like my head was going all night and I hadn't slept...and I was on no other medication at the time, nor have I ever been...so that wasn't the reason in my case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 07:31 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,472 times
Reputation: 10
I may be 14, but there is no excuse to smoke even if you are depressed. You should always use anything that can better you in the future not cause you pain.


Tamaz Mincey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 07:36 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,472 times
Reputation: 10
Thumbs down .......woooow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
The nightmares are a side effect of the patch... I think it is because it is changing things in the brain somehow. I hadn't heard of the "other" dreams. I bought some and never have gotten brave enough to try them because I have extreem side effects to EVERYTHING!




You should never use patches because "duh" it has sight affects. But atleast you know now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Planet Eaarth
8,955 posts, read 18,222,406 times
Reputation: 7193
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaz123 View Post
I may be 14, but there is no excuse to smoke even if you are depressed. You should always use anything that can better you in the future not cause you pain.


Tamaz Mincey
You are in no position to pass judgment on your elders so.......don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2010, 07:16 PM
 
3,935 posts, read 5,710,081 times
Reputation: 4170
"You should never use patches because "duh" it has sight affects. But atleast you know now!"

I think you mean, "You should never use patches because "duh", it has side effects. But, at least you know now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2010, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Mayberry
32,464 posts, read 13,448,772 times
Reputation: 68685
I use the patch and vivid dreams but not nightmares. They work for me when I am conscientious. I take them off at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:44 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top