Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 11:55 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,680,179 times

Advertisements

"In an extensive piece on cell phone health hazards in this month's issue of GQ, a 35-year-old investment banker who five years ago was diagnosed with a brain tumor just behind his right ear -- where he presses his phone -- said that his industry has, "been using cell phones since 1992, back when they were the Gordon-Gekko-on-the-beach-kind-of-phone." The banker said four or five colleagues at his firm also have similar tumors."

Could Your Cell Phone End Up Killing You? | Personal Health | AlterNet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 11:55 PM

380 posts, read 1,229,886 times
Ive always heard that this was true. some of us react to things diffrently. but thats a great article. and I'll pray for that man.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 AM

260 posts, read 548,905 times
here's another article about cell phones. glad i dont own one!

Warning, Your Cell Phone May Be Hazardous To Your Health: Gear + Gadgets: GQ

Old 02-09-2010, 07:29 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
While I have one, I don't talk on it very much and when I do, I use the speaker phone. I can't hold it up to my ear long because of a bad shoulder. But I do know some that are on theirs all day long!!

I won't even carry mine in my pocket but for a few minutes at a time as they don't know what that will do over a period of time either...

I also wonder about the long term effects of everybody carrying one and it searching for a tower and what that might do.....? (kind of like the second hand smoke thing to help you understand what I mean... you may not have one but everybody around you does and they are all searching )

Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,058 times
ive said it once and ill say it again, what these days doesnt cause some sort of cancer, ultimately i think to aviod it you have to avoid everything, be a hermit, away from electricity, gas, stores, pretty much everything that is man made, im not saying this to start a fight, but it seems pretty true to me anymore, they put all sorts of chemicals in just about everything so as a society we are pretty well boned no matter what we do

Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,725,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
While I have one, I don't talk on it very much and when I do, I use the speaker phone. I can't hold it up to my ear long because of a bad shoulder. But I do know some that are on theirs all day long!!

I won't even carry mine in my pocket but for a few minutes at a time as they don't know what that will do over a period of time either...

I also wonder about the long term effects of everybody carrying one and it searching for a tower and what that might do.....? (kind of like the second hand smoke thing to help you understand what I mean... you may not have one but everybody around you does and they are all searching )
I have one for potential emergencies (while on the road) or for very quick calls.
I can't stand cell phones.
And the time that kids spend on them is troubling to me.
And those towers are most likely quite problematic.
There was one near an elementary school near to where i live and they removed it due to that concern.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:39 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
Severs wrote:
ive said it once and ill say it again, what these days doesnt cause some sort of cancer, ultimately i think to aviod it you have to avoid everything, be a hermit, away from electricity, gas, stores, pretty much everything that is man made, im not saying this to start a fight, but it seems pretty true to me anymore, they put all sorts of chemicals in just about everything so as a society we are pretty well boned no matter what we do
I've not taken the hermit route myself, nor do I avoid electricity, gas, stores, pretty much everything that is man made. I do however protect myself by wearing an inexpensive device known as a Rejuvenizer. Even though I cannot say with certainty, that it actually provides all of the benefits claimed on the website, it sure beats becomming a hermit and avoiding all of the things you mentioned. I do feel less stressed out when I'm wearing it.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,680,179 times
Quote:
I do however protect myself by wearing an inexpensive device known as a Rejuvenizer. Even though I cannot say with certainty, that it actually provides all of the benefits claimed on the website, it sure beats becomming a hermit and avoiding all of the things you mentioned. I do feel less stressed out when I'm wearing it.
I've worn a "Balance Bracelet" since 1998 when I fell victim to severe arthritis in my knees. Does it help with the pain? Yes. Do I have proof? Only that I "feel" better as long as it's on my arm 24/7/365. How does it work? I simply believe that it does and let my mind to the rest.

Balance Bracelet

The mind and the "placebo effect" is a very ,very powerful medicine indeed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness