U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:18 PM

15,438 posts, read 22,666,186 times

Advertisements

I would find another doctor. The fact you have brought this up to her numerous times and she keeps blowing you off is a red flag IMO.

I had a doctor that was similar, I knew something was wrong, I went for tests. The doctor was a complete B, ran some very painful tests and lectured me about being sexually active and not being careful enough. Needless to say she told me nothing was wrong I was fine.

I didn't believe her and got a second opinon. Thank God I did, because the other doctor lied to me by either not running tests or ran the test and lied about the results. Listen to your body and find a doctor you can trust!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 08:57 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,325,610 times
You can always try seeing a Family Nurse Practitioner or a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner....

Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,187,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I would find another doctor. The fact you have brought this up to her numerous times and she keeps blowing you off is a red flag IMO.

I had a doctor that was similar, I knew something was wrong, I went for tests. The doctor was a complete B, ran some very painful tests and lectured me about being sexually active and not being careful enough. Needless to say she told me nothing was wrong I was fine.

I didn't believe her and got a second opinon. Thank God I did, because the other doctor lied to me by either not running tests or ran the test and lied about the results. Listen to your body and find a doctor you can trust!!

I agree. I was seeing my Dr. for 12 years. Had numerous issues. She blew me off as yours is doing. She finally asked me if I wanted an ultrasound - found things that weren't normal. She (Gyno) told me not a big deal don't worry about it. I went to another Dr. Same assessment. Went to a 3rd and she said it would be wise to take out what was causing my problem. I finally just had surgey and I'm so much better. Keep searching for the right Dr. I found it very dissappointing that most really don't seem to care.. just a job to them. Best of luck!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:37 AM

2,375 posts, read 5,474,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post

This is a new one. I haven't seen the same doctor in the last 10 years, trying to find one that will not brush me off. I'm hoping this one is it, if not, then I'll have to start going to different towns to try and find one, since I've almost exhausted all the doctors here.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 AM

2,970 posts, read 6,361,421 times
Have you had annual pap smears and have they all been normal?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Have you had annual pap smears and have they all been normal?
All my pap smears have come back normal. I have a pap smear every year, there was a two year period when I had 7, because I wanted an answer and visited 7 different GYNs in that time.

I've put together a list of every possible symptom I can think of and will take it with me tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:15 PM

This GYN listened to me. I have a pelvic ultrasound next week. Hopefully I'll get some answers soon.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:51 PM

4,267 posts, read 5,450,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
This GYN listened to me. I have a pelvic ultrasound next week. Hopefully I'll get some answers soon.
Glad to hear that! I hope you get an answer soon.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM

3,991 posts, read 9,719,315 times
That's great to hear.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:49 PM

3,627 posts, read 13,139,755 times
I am glad you got the ultrasound scheduled . It took me YEARS of complaining about just the same symptoms and hideoius painful cramps and was told it was just adhesions from my two c-sections.

I wound up with endometriosis so bad I had to have a complete hysterectomy and part of my small intestine [18 inches] removed because the adhesions were closing that off. Hopefully if it is somehting like that they can get to it before surgery is required!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness