Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:35 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Thanks for the concern, but I'm fine. No more periods! So why should I do anything when I'm not having any problems?
because you want to be sure that all is well before you move East to Tennessee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 07:31 AM

4 posts, read 16,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I had a hysterectomy in my mid 40's because of fibroids. The bleeding was so bad I couldn't walk from one end of the house to the other without changing. They were so large that I looked and felt pregnant, so even shrinkage wouldn't have been significant enough. The doctor did let me take the lead in the timing and if I were ready for it.

The surgery wasn't bad I could sit up as soon as I woke up and the worst pain only lasted 24 hours. It was a good decision for me.
You had your sex organ removed for fibroids. O.K. So you can no longer have a uterine orgasm, now. It is impossible to have a uterine orgasm when you have your uterus removed. See, the free educational video, "female anatomy", at, hersfoundation, on the web.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:52 PM

17 posts, read 61,646 times
Yes, I had an unnecessary surgery performed by Moderator cut: names not allowed. 99% of hysterectomies/castrations are unnecessary. The other 1% is for cancer. Women are very easily talked into this very profitable surgery. Removing your ovaries if female castration. Do you really want to be castrated? There are alternative surgeries for fibroid removal-myomectomy and for removing polyps-polypectomy. BUT the problem is you have to find a competent doctor who can do this and not have them grow back. Please go to hysterectomy alternatives and aftereffects, consequences, support, HERS Foundation, Hysterectomy Educational Resources and Services and watch the DVD 'female anatomy' and hit blog and read what women are going through and will go through the rest of their lives. This surgery affects the whole family. You will most likely lose your career and husband. Sad, but true.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 01-28-2008 at 04:05 AM.. Reason: not allowed

Old 01-28-2008, 04:06 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
I agree with you Grace, but if a man leaves a woman due to the surgery, then he wasn't worth keeping.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:14 AM

17 posts, read 61,646 times
Jessaka, We got a divorce after 30 years, 12 years after my hysterectomy/castration. We would still be together if the doctor didn't take it upon himself to just go in a clean house, no if's and's or but's....You can't keep up with being a wife anymore. You are just too sick all the time. It is just too hard. My ex still loves me and I will always love him. He is the father of my two wonderful boys. THIS IS WHAT IS SAD ABOUT DOCTORS CASTRATING WOMEN. IT AFFECTS THE WHOLE FAMILY. PLEASE LISTEN WOMEN! YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. JESSIKA, pLEASE GO TO WWW.HERSFOUNDATION.COM AND HIT BLOG- there you will read what women have to say about this surgery. IT WILL SURPRISE YOU. THIS IS THE HOSPITAL WHERE I RECEIVED MY CASTRATION. THEN- if you go into The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and read the over 170 responses from women and men, YOU WILL REALLY FIND OUT HOW TERRIBLE THIS SURGERY IS. PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO GO TO HERS, WATCH THE DVD 'FEMALE ANATOMY' AND VOTE- THIS VOTE MEANS THE MUST HAND THIS DVD TO EVERY WOMAN THEY PRESCRIBE A HYSTERECTOMY/CASTRATION. You see, I did not know removing the ovaries was CASTRATION!!!! I rmember thinking Oh My God, He Castrated Me and Why didn't I know this about my bodies. It seems like over one million women don't know this. Removing a man's testicles is called CASTRATION. Removing a woman's ovaries is CASTRATION but doctors perfer to use other names.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:04 PM

24 posts, read 84,943 times
Gracie is right. After my hysterectomy/castration I have no sex drive. My doctor never told me this could happen. It's devastating to find this out after the fact. I never knew that my ovaries were gonads, and that the doctor was castrating me. Had I known this, I would have never allowed it. It is really hard on a marriage. I've been married for 20 years and lost my ovaries, uterus and cervix in 2006. It's caused me all kinds of health problems and made it impossible to have sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness